Sign in to follow this  
epalanb

What are sellers afraid of on m2m sales

epalanb

On many of the m2m for sale threads I see something like this:

"I will decide which buyer I sell to, this sale is not first come first served - preference given to VIP members also, the decision on whether to accept PayPal is mine - This is not a democracy but a benign dictatorship."

This is an actual quote from a recent thread. Not all of them are this agressive but I think you get the idea.

my question is: why the agressive language? What exactly are sellers afraid of?

I can think of almost no risk on the part of sellers and 100% of the amount sent as risk to the buyer.

NCRich

"I will decide which buyer I sell to, this sale is not first come first served - preference given to VIP members also, the decision on whether to accept PayPal is mine - This is not a democracy but a benign dictatorship."

This is an actual quote from a recent thread. Not all of them are this agressive but I think you get the idea.

I can think of almost no risk on the part of sellers and 100% of the amount sent as risk to the buyer.

Cause most of us don't want to deal with numpties.

phone

Depends. There's generally no risk to seller if they accept paypal gift or a wire transfer. It's just a precaution we sellers like to use to cover our own ass.

narikaa

I am always bemused by the 'once Ive shipped it its nothing to do with me' ones

I wonder just who they think has to raise a claim with the shippers in the event of loss/damage?

The Easter fookin bunny?

rusty peters

I fear drama. Special shipping demands, lots of back and forth and a PayPal dispute in the end.

I have had a few demanding tossers at my doorstep. The watch was "already spoken for " when it was clear that they were a bell end.

Chiquita Fanjita

Because there are way too many fuds around lately, and most would rather deal with reliable members.

Mr_B

People have the right to sell to who they choose, your better off selling to someone who knows the rep game rather than a newbie that will probably write replica Rolex in the Paypal notes, even if you tell them not too. They could damage the watch and blame the seller publicly via a thread... pretty much anything can go wrong.

onzenuub

Nice things is a lot of sellers say in M2M: once Ive shipped it its nothing to do with me. What if a TD would state that??? The same guys would be the first start whining about it. :rofl:

RepGuy

When some new member bitches about the Rolex sub they purchased on M2M not being water resistant after their swim, the little disclaimer really helps to avoid any kind of liability

myaz

Overwrought expectations from an occasional cretinous type result in complaints to moderators and in turn, headaches to all involved.

This favors selling to those who have been around long enough to have shown their true colors.

Consider that the banning rate is inversely proportional to post count.

As for the aggressive language, it's the spice of this place.

onzenuub

As for the aggressive language, it's the spice of this place.

Aggressive language??

myaz

No, you are a well known pussycat :P

RUSH2112

You think that's aggressive?

My fave is shipped in a god damn box

Moondustesp

If a seller states certain criteria and you don't like it don't buy the watch simple.

greg_r

Mine is "no numpties!" :lol:

NCRich

If a seller states certain criteria and you don't like it don't buy the watch simple.

Ding, ding, ding. Winner, winner chicken dinner.

onzenuub

Mine is "no numpties!" :lol:

You're allways fucking agressive. :D

Moondustesp

????????????????

Foxindebox

By the looks of it, I'm the guilty party.

I would say, that my disclaimer is meant to be slightly tongue in cheek and in no way aggressive. However, I am trying to advise that once people are happy with the description (which is always accurate) and photos, I bear no responsibility for the item arriving. If there ever was an issue like DOA (which luckily enough hasn't happened to me), that can always be discussed amicably. And as was mentioned above, no one is forcing you to buy from me. I think I'm safe in saying that everyone who has bought anything from me was satisfied with the transaction.

The main message I'm trying to convey is that I don't want to deal with scamming cunts...

Hope that clears it up ;)

onzenuub

By the looks of it, I'm the guilty party.

I would say, that my disclaimer is meant to be slightly tongue in cheek and in no way aggressive. However, I am trying to advise that once people are happy with the description (which is always accurate) and photos, I bear no responsibility for the item arriving. If there ever was an issue like DOA (which luckily enough hasn't happened to me), that can always be discussed amicably. And as was mentioned above, no one is forcing you to buy from me. I think I'm safe in saying that everyone who has bought anything from me was satisfied with the transaction.

The main message I'm trying to convey is that I don't want to deal with scamming cunts...

Hope that clears it up ;)

Nope, you've started WWIII

MetalMickey

1. That's not aggressive, it's humourous

2. Selling fake goods is illegal in many jurisdictions. So is sending fake goods across national borders. It's not unreasonable to want to be sure who's involved.

3. Just because people say 'not my problem after it's shipped' doesn't mean it's not. As Reg says, seller raises the claim if it's lost?

4 When watch arrives and buyer claims it didn't, or it is broken, or it is "not like gen" there's an expectation for seller to do something about it

5. This ain't a business - it's a group of enthusiasts swapping watches between themselves when their tastes change. We can pass our watches on to who the hell we like!

Panolex

I think i may have purchased more watches than posts I've made on this forum. I always pay via Bank transfer and have never had any issues :-)

The sellers are true gents :-) we are truly blessed :-):-)

Edited by Panolex

Foxindebox

This isn't the first time my T&C's have been questioned. Last time, some knob told me I wasn't going to sell an item because I was being snobby. The item was sold (and then marked as such), and the fella suggested I'd just pulled the sale to save face... Fuck that, I couldn't give a monkey's whether I had offended his delicate sensibilities, I needed the money :D