Sign in to follow this  
epalanb

What are sellers afraid of on m2m sales

Kleen™
:popcorn:

Mike on a bike

AH! PBR you are if anything persistent, I thought we agreed to disagree on this. We always got along well till this affair no need for that , it is what it is the guys who use him are happy (and two or three mods FYI). They are big boys I made them aware of all the info from Greg no distortions, I do not work in vacuum their call. We operate differently lightly modded, grown men can take their chances I am not their Mommy. This being said my sales board is one of the safest around (my area of responsibility) so it works, but again I know 90% of the players well.

PS Kleen, warm up some more popcorn and pass the bowl!

Kaiser
Couldn't agree more...

Recently I had a seller tell me this: and I quote.....

"I've just lost my job recently and my wife is unemployed too, because she has cancer and can't work. So I have a problem,as you can see, therefore I have to sell most of the things that are very dear to me and that includes my watches, reps and gens...............................

The watch is brand new, I have only tried it on. I live in a non smoker household and I wash my hands all the time, especially when I handle my watches, so there are no stains, DNA or funny smells on the watch. I'm OCD and my watches have no marks or scratches, none whatsoever.

I'm already taking a piss here and your offer kinda feels like a kick in the balls, considering the circumstances.".................

Hey buddy, if you want to hold out for more, more power to you, but if you expect me to pay 95% of brand new for a watch that you are selling on m2m you are delusional. Even more so if it has to clear customs. There is clear risk to the buyer in m2m including customs seizure and seller risk etc & that comes at a price. If your rational is that you need to get 95% because you are broke, well that my friend is on you, not on me.....

Haha - you should've told him you're "taking a piss" and feel kicked in the balls, too, every time you get half your paycheck stolen to pay for his existence. Or asked him why, when he was working, he didn't save $.01 so he'd never be in a situation where he'd be forced, as soon as he lost his job, to recoup 95% of his investment in fake watches :-)

Yeah, he's a right cunt for losing his job and his wife developing cancer isn't he?

markeym3

The price and conditions of sale are up to the seller, If the buyer is happy with the price and rules set out by the seller then this is ok.

If in the rules it states "once shipped it's yours " or "no returns" then this is still ok but at this point you need to look at the seller is he/she a long term trusted member here with good sales reputation if so then why not?

There is no hard and fast rule but common sense helps.

As for the guy who lost his job and his wife with cancer , yes this is very shit but I would not say this in a sales pitch.

epalanb

Yeah, he's a right cunt for losing his job and his wife developing cancer isn't he?

No one said anything like this or remotely implying this other than you so I guess this must be your opinion....

Point of the whole thing was if recovering 95% vs recovering maybe 70 or 75% of what a rep cost makes a real difference in your life then you probably don't have the means to participate in this hobby. For crying out loud if a New rep = $300 x .95 = $285 vs $300 x .75 = $225. Difference is only $60. You could argue maybe a little more or less, but point is this is not a lot of money. A lot of people spend more than this on coffee in a month and I have no problem with them doing that, but my guess is most of them probably can afford it. If not, they make it at home or just drink the office coffee. If $60 is a life changing amount of money for you then you should be spending your money elsewhere, NOT in the rep game.

Genius

No one said anything like this or remotely implying this other than you so I guess this must be your opinion....

Point of the whole thing was if recovering 95% vs recovering maybe 70 or 75% of what a rep cost makes a real difference in your life then you probably don't have the means to participate in this hobby. For crying out loud if a New rep = $300 x .95 = $285 vs $300 x .75 = $225. Difference is only $60. You could argue maybe a little more or less, but point is this is not a lot of money. A lot of people spend more than this on coffee in a month and I have no problem with them doing that, but my guess is most of them probably can afford it. If not, they make it at home or just drink the office coffee. If $60 is a life changing amount of money for you then you should be spending your money elsewhere, NOT in the rep game.

Fuck that, buy a decent coffee machine will spend much less than $60 a month on coffee and it will taste like coffee not whatever that shite at the big coffee chains is supposed to be

deju

I've never met a rich person as frivolous as these noobs...

Some people need to humble themselves so hard.

griffon22

for Gawd sake Moderators, end this thread , its going nowhere and drifting off topic, to the benifit of nobody.

Kleen™
for Gawd sake Moderators, end this thread , its going nowhere and drifting off topic, to the benifit of nobody.

...you must be new to this section of the internet, yeh...?

greg_r

Yep. Great ain't it? :rofl:

black263

Sorry. What topic? Anyway, we cant end yet. We still need goats and traccers.

elp

On many of the m2m for sale threads I see something like this:

"I will decide which buyer I sell to, this sale is not first come first served - preference given to VIP members also, the decision on whether to accept PayPal is mine - This is not a democracy but a benign dictatorship."

This is an actual quote from a recent thread. Not all of them are this agressive but I think you get the idea.

my question is: why the agressive language? What exactly are sellers afraid of?

I can think of almost no risk on the part of sellers and 100% of the amount sent as risk to the buyer.

Sellers are worried about the potential hassles, you'd be surprised at the number of numpties around with unrealistic expectations. Easier to state T&Cs, and if it deters some people prior to spider-sense tingling that's no bad thing.

Irrespective of the T&Cs though, most of the oldtimers here I would trust implicitly to always do the right thing (like take back the watch or split repairs if there's an issue in transit, etc.), not because oldtimers are wiser or nicer (often the opposite :lol:), but have perspective, i.e. what's one trinket vs. the dozens bought and sold and the reputation built over the years?

greg_r

Y'know, the basic question asked in this topic can be answered with one word:

"What are sellers afraid of on m2m sales?" Numpties

That's the whole deal. Are we clear now? Good. You're welcome.

laughinggoathotel.jpg

Do we still need tractors, or is the goat enough?

deju
Captura-de-pantalla-24.png

elp

Tractors are soooooo 2016 G...

maxresdefault.jpg

onzenuub

What is the general opinion about guns? :P

elp

What is the general opinion about guns? :P

Nope, they don't mix well

BvqQ9EZIAAECSiR.jpg

Kleen™

laughinggoathotel.jpg

Do we still need tractors, or is the goat enough?

That'll do...just need to add a bit of parkour action to the mix

...or death-defying ninja supapowers

JSJ
enhanced-buzz-5995-1382904447-16.jpg?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

steps1thru12

I understand the precautionary verbiage. These guys/gals are not making a living at this and I prefer the M2M sales over TD. I don't buy very often. Only a couple of handfuls over the years from other sites. I've only purchased from 2 TD. I'm an impulsive buyer and absolutely can't stand the waiting game. Buying from M2M in the US and I usually get my watch in 7-9 days.

onzenuub
I understand the precautionary verbiage. These guys/gals are not making a living at this and I prefer the M2M sales over TD. I don't buy very often. Only a couple of handfuls over the years from other sites. I've only purchased from 2 TD. I'm an impulsive buyer and absolutely can't stand the waiting game. Buying from M2M in the US and I usually get my watch in 7-9 days.

So you are a buyer, an impulsive one. Are you afraid of something?

deju

Next topic...

What are sellers of m2m sales, hopes and dreams for the future.

NCRich

My impression of this thread is:

Oh yeah life goes on

Long after the thrill of livin' is gone

Oh yeah say life goes on

Long after the thrill of livin' is gone

And for the gentle members who suggest that we close this thread, just quit opening it up and commenting. As Greg said, ain't it great.

epalanb

If this was the first response this thread would have died immediately....lol

so glad it didn't.

Now we have goats in this thread. Sure wish all my watches ran like these death-defying ninja goats. Gotta watch this one! Crazy run good goats!

Edited by epalanb

steps1thru12

So you are a buyer, an impulsive one. Are you afraid of something?

No, just lose interest waiting for weeks at a time. This might be the reason I've never married...lol