Sign in to follow this  
WatchLove91

Noob V7 question

WatchLove91

Hi guys

I'm a first time buyer and I have a question or two. Since I'm not allowed to post QC photos (I just received them), I just want to describe one of the things that's caught my attention. Is the pearl insert at the top supposed to touch all 3 sides of the triangle? Mine crosses the line on the left and right side of the triangle but doesnt seem to get there at the top of the triangle. Is that normal? Thank you

jdog

It should be centered and not crossing the lines.

Edited by jdog

greg_r

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

GenTLe

If it is centered (and not too on the left or too on the right) then it's good.

WatchLove91
It should be like this https://www.bernardwatch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Rolex-Steel-Sub-Comparisson-2.jpg

l it might just be the angle of the photo though

The thing is it's centered well, but the top of the circle isn't adjacent to the base of the triangle (north side of the triangle). In fact there's a space between the circle and the base of the triangle at the top. I looked at a million gen submariner pics and they seem to be all over the place haha. Most of them actually don't seem to be touching the top either unlike your photo 0.0

Edited by WatchLove91

greg_r

It's worth bearing in mind that there's some variation on pearl position even with the gens...

WatchLove91
It's worth bearing in mind that there's some variation on pearl position even with the gens...

Wow I didn't know that

greg_r

Wow I didn't know that

Most are as they should be - and variation is usually minor, but it does happen occasionally. One I saw in a nearby Rolex AD a couple years back was so far off-centre that I'm sure anyone here would reject the QC pics even if it had been a cheapie 21J rep! ;)

phone
Wow I didn't know that
Most are as they should be, but it happens occasionally. One I saw in a nearby Rolex AD a couple years back was so far off-centre that I'm sure anyone here would reject the QC pics even if it had been a cheapie 21J rep! ;)

Wow that's something I haven't heard of before. Surely they weren't able to sell that? Isn't Rolexes whole ideal is that everything is perfect? If it were like that on a QC, I would definitely reject it.

black263
Wow I didn't know that
Most are as they should be, but it happens occasionally. One I saw in a nearby Rolex AD a couple years back was so far off-centre that I'm sure anyone here would reject the QC pics even if it had been a cheapie 21J rep! ;)

Wow that's something I haven't heard of before. Surely they weren't able to sell that? Isn't Rolexes whole ideal is that everything is perfect? If it were like that on a QC, I would definitely reject it.

If the buyer is dumb enough to take it, even an AD will sell to them.

greg_r
Wow I didn't know that

The AD hadn't even noticed when I pointed it out to them.

I suspect a lot of Rolex buyers really don't care - they're just buying the brand because of what they think it says about them and don't really care about watches per se...

It's like that idiot I follow along local roads from time to time - he's driving a 911 like it was a Nissan Micra with a bust engine. Bought it because he figured it would make him look cool. It might if he knew how to drive the thing ;)

phone
Wow I didn't know that
The AD hadn't even noticed when I pointed it out to them. I suspect a lot of Rolex buyers really don't care - they're just buying the brand because of what they think it says about them and don't really care about watches per se... It's like that idiot I follow along local roads from time to time - he's driving a 911 like it was a Nissan Micra with a bust engine. Bought it because he figured it would make him look cool. It might if he knew how to drive the thing ;)

Hah! Very good point. Such a shame about the 911 guy too... I'm sure you'd drive it waaaaaay better than him. He might as well just gift it to you!

greg_r
Wow I didn't know that
The AD hadn't even noticed when I pointed it out to them. I suspect a lot of Rolex buyers really don't care - they're just buying the brand because of what they think it says about them and don't really care about watches per se... It's like that idiot I follow along local roads from time to time - he's driving a 911 like it was a Nissan Micra with a bust engine. Bought it because he figured it would make him look cool. It might if he knew how to drive the thing ;)

Hah! Very good point. Such a shame about the 911 guy too... I'm sure you'd drive it waaaaaay better than him. He might as well just gift it to you!

No thanks - I like a bit more comfort than that. I'll stick with my own car... ;)

phone
snip

What do you drive?

PS: Sorry for hijacking the thread.

greg_r
snip

What do you drive?

PS: Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Audi A8 currently.

fatarms

I had to look up what a Nissan Micra is :lol: