epalanb

Bell & Ross 123 Sport Heritage just showed up from Toro

epalanb

I think I am going to turn this into a Review of this watch. I will come back and edit this OP to include more pics over the next week or two. I took a bunch of pics today right after the watch showed up and then my wife went out of town and took my good camera so I only have what I have for now.

This one came from ToroBravo's

Watch: Bell & Ross 123 Sport Heritage

Price $288

Here is the description from their website:

DESCRIPTION: From the UB Factory

CASE: Solid 316L Stainless Steel Case

MOVEMENT: Miyota 9015 Automatic Movement, 28800bph

DIMENSIONS: 43mm x 11mm

CRYSTAL: Scratch-proof Sapphire Crystal

STRAP / BRACELET: Rubber

Here was the timeline from Toro:

3/5/2017 - I inquired as to the watches availability

3/6/2017 - Toro replied back saying that the watch was available

3/11/2017 - I paid for the watch

3/18/2017 - I asked about QC pics and was told that he was still waiting for the factory to deliver the watch to him. He then asked if I would like to change the order to another watch. I confirmed that the watch was still available and told him I would wait.

3/21/2017 - I received QC pics

3/21/2017 - later that same day I approved the QC pics

3/25/2017 - I received Tracking

4/10/2017 - The watch showed up

Pros of this watch:

-Timekeeping - After 2 days wearing this one 24/7 the watch is exactly 1 sec slow. This is nothing short of amazing!

-Nicely done and nicely finished. No obvious flaws. Beautiful Watch.

-Movement is smooth when changing time and date.

-Crown pulls out smoothly and pushes in nicely.

-Sapphire crystal should make this crystal pretty much scratch proof.

-This watch is 11mm thick so it is lighter and wears more comfortably than some of the big thick watches. Some have said it is too thin for them, but I really like it after wearing it for a day.

Cons of this watch:

-The strap is a bit short for me. My wrist is 7.5" in dia and while it is wearable, the strap could be a bit longer for me. If I had a big wrist, say 8" dia I think you would want to find another strap.

- The movement is a bit noisy. Others have mentioned this before so I fully expected it. I don't have any other watches with this movement so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. It's the rotor and it's just noisy. I know I have read tutorials on how to quiet it down so I will take a look into doing this and report back on how easy it was to do and how effective it was.

- The Bezel does not rotate. This makes the bezel useless to use as a timer. I do use the bezel on my other watches from time to time to time things so this is a bit of an annoyance, but not a deal killer or anything.

- The crown is not a screw down crown. Not a huge deal, but a negative none the less

- Lume I don't have a pic of the lume yet, but I can tell already that it is just ok. When it is first charged, the loom looks really great, but it isn't going to last all that well. After charging and 6 hours later, like early in the am, I can read the time, but just barely. The lume on this thing is just ok. It could use a re-lume....

Pics:

33831729291_4c4a881971.jpg33118236674_46a681061d.jpg33961763535_31f610747a.jpg33804064812_ac6f32419e.jpg33804060702_b73e8825b6.jpg33576815580_c06940cdd0.jpg33920669866_a2a1726154.jpg33576891570_6efb8280e6.jpg33148666103_95bc16da8a.jpg33118338604_b322b05d98.jpg33576874740_b878205ccc.jpg33920694766_43d34fff36.jpg

I had a Bakeka strap waiting that I thought would look good with this one so on it went. The last few pics are with the Bakeka Strap. In case anyone is wondering it is Old Factory #64 Brown. I don't know about anyone else, but I think this strap is absolutely stunning on this watch

Edited by epalanb

ShovelnTC

Yes I have this watch and it really is one of my favorites.

Yes the rotor is NOISY but I live with that and like you have no other Myota's to compare with, the rubber strap looks killer to me but after a short time it gets very grabby and in fact becomes a PITA to get on and off as it binds in the clasp so I have replaced it and currently wear it on a Brady sailcloth but your leather strap looks great.

No the bezel doesn't rotate but in Gen this only has a 100m WR with no locking crown so I guess it wasn't really intended as a true diver, this fact is probably why I haven't bought one in Gen as this one is one of a few that I would consider buying Gen just because I like it that much but at that price (Gen) it's gotta be a true diver for me at least.

I have had mine since these were first available and it is still a regular wearer and favorite so I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.

stormtooper4

That looks bloody lovely

pstar_1980

Looks pretty awesome, like the Bakeka strap!

GenTLe

To silent the rotor just lift carefully the sticker that covers the center of the counterweight and put a tiny amount of HP1300 (or equivalent oil) in the bearing :) Then put back the sticker

epalanb
To silent the rotor just lift carefully the sticker that covers the center of the counterweight and put a tiny amount of HP1300 (or equivalent oil) in the bearing :) Then put back the sticker

Thanks!

I will definitely give it a go. I'll need to get some oil so it will be a few days before I can report back, but I'm going to....

Haltec

This looks really AWESOME.

If there's only a rep steel bracelet...

:sad:

SuperbMonster

Stunning combo on the Bakeka strap.

Love it!

JohnCocktoastin

I think I am going to turn this into a Review of this watch. I will come back and edit this OP to include more pics over the next week or two. I took a bunch of pics today right after the watch showed up and then my wife went out of town and took my good camera so I only have what I have for now.

This one came from ToroBravo's

Watch: Bell & Ross 123 Sport Heritage

Price $288

Here is the description from their website:

DESCRIPTION: From the UB Factory

CASE: Solid 316L Stainless Steel Case

MOVEMENT: Miyota 9015 Automatic Movement, 28800bph

DIMENSIONS: 43mm x 11mm

CRYSTAL: Scratch-proof Sapphire Crystal

STRAP / BRACELET: Rubber

Here was the timeline from Toro:

3/5/2017 - I inquired as to the watches availability

3/6/2017 - Toro replied back saying that the watch was available

3/11/2017 - I paid for the watch

3/18/2017 - I asked about QC pics and was told that he was still waiting for the factory to deliver the watch to him. He then asked if I would like to change the order to another watch. I confirmed that the watch was still available and told him I would wait.

3/21/2017 - I received QC pics

3/21/2017 - later that same day I approved the QC pics

3/25/2017 - I received Tracking

4/10/2017 - The watch showed up

Pros of this watch:

-Timekeeping - After 2 days wearing this one 24/7 the watch is exactly 1 sec slow. This is nothing short of amazing!

-Nicely done and nicely finished. No obvious flaws. Beautiful Watch.

-Movement is smooth when changing time and date.

-Crown pulls out smoothly and pushes in nicely.

-Sapphire crystal should make this crystal pretty much scratch proof.

-This watch is 11mm thick so it is lighter and wears more comfortably than some of the big thick watches. Some have said it is too thin for them, but I really like it after wearing it for a day.

Cons of this watch:

-The strap is a bit short for me. My wrist is 7.5" in dia and while it is wearable, the strap could be a bit longer for me. If I had a big wrist, say 8" dia I think you would want to find another strap.

- The movement is a bit noisy. Others have mentioned this before so I fully expected it. I don't have any other watches with this movement so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. It's the rotor and it's just noisy. I know I have read tutorials on how to quiet it down so I will take a look into doing this and report back on how easy it was to do and how effective it was.

- The Bezel does not rotate. This makes the bezel useless to use as a timer. I do use the bezel on my other watches from time to time to time things so this is a bit of an annoyance, but not a deal killer or anything.

- The crown is not a screw down crown. Not a huge deal, but a negative none the less

- Lume I don't have a pic of the lume yet, but I can tell already that it is just ok. When it is first charged, the loom looks really great, but it isn't going to last all that well. After charging and 6 hours later, like early in the am, I can read the time, but just barely. The lume on this thing is just ok. It could use a re-lume....

Pics:

33831729291_4c4a881971.jpg33118236674_46a681061d.jpg33961763535_31f610747a.jpg33804064812_ac6f32419e.jpg33804060702_b73e8825b6.jpg33576815580_c06940cdd0.jpg33920669866_a2a1726154.jpg33576891570_6efb8280e6.jpg33148666103_95bc16da8a.jpg33118338604_b322b05d98.jpg33576874740_b878205ccc.jpg33920694766_43d34fff36.jpg

I had a Bakeka strap waiting that I thought would look good with this one so on it went. The last few pics are with the Bakeka Strap. In case anyone is wondering it is Old Factory #64 Brown. I don't know about anyone else, but I think this strap is absolutely stunning on this watch

Man, the design simplicity and color scheme on these heritage BR's is really mesmerizing...even more so with that Bakeka. That's a shame about the bezel and crown. But it's still a stunner. And the lume, well, the makers should realize that the buyers for these BR's will be looking for strong lume. At that price seems like they would have been able to use at least C-3. How much does it cost to get re-lumed anyway?

Xpletiv

Massively cocktoastin' there with quoting the whole thread and there's only 1 page so far.......

See what I did there?????

SDOWatcher99

Now thats a nice looking watch . Where can i find this one  

GenTLe
Now thats a nice looking watch . Where can i find this one  
In any of out TD (Trusted dealer), the link is at the very top of all the pages of this forum (seen from a PC)

Inviato dal mio KFGIWI utilizzando Tapatalk

J95114n

If you go to Toros website, there are 2 of these.  with the exact same description.  When looking at the pictures of both, one of them seems to not have the bezel marker aligned with the markers on the dial.  yours seems to be perfect.  have you noticed that your markers line up perfectly? if they do, could you post a link to the exact one you purchased please?  thanks so much 

King

Looks awesome on leather.  Wear it well!

Griffo

Lovely - enjoy!

tonyh7

I'm certain the bezel is fixed in the gen, and I also think the crown isn't a screw down. Rep makers at this price point may get the fine details a bit off but they rarely mess up on obvious stuff like that. Kind of reminds me of when I bought a rep Tag from a guy in Causeway Bay night market in Hong Kong.  I was well pissed off cause the bezel only rotated one way. 

rusty peters

Any ideas when they will be making the blue one with the gold hands?  As beautiful as this one is, that blue one is incredible....

markcwl1984

Gorgeous watch! Wear it in good health!

Mn80

How is the watch working out?

One of these is on my list of wants. Just wish they did the aeronavale edition 

epalanb

I still have this one and it is still on the bakeka leather.

It's a beautiful watch and still gets worn occasionally,  but I have way too many watches so it doesn't get worn nearly as much as it deserves.

shelby1501

Great watch! Has anyone got one of these $158 mineral crystal version from Toro? Is it in the same range as this one except the crystal? 

PCJ
On 12/31/2017 at 09:10, shelby1501 said:

Great watch! Has anyone got one of these $158 mineral crystal version from Toro? Is it in the same range as this one except the crystal? 

Bump for an answer

k3rm87

Also looking for an answer on this, if it's the same watch I would jump on the purchase. 

GenTLe
On 12/31/2017 at 10:10, shelby1501 said:

20 hours ago, JayA said:

Bump for an answer

20 hours ago, k3rm87 said:

Also looking for an answer on this, if it's the same watch I would jump on the purchase. 

They all come from UB Factory. and the original price difference was only 30$. I VERY MUCH doubt that a factory will produce different case/crown/dial versions of the exact same watch in the same time and with the same movement and with a difference of just 30$...

So yes, by logic it's the same one with just a glass crystal.

Lagger

Yeah I believe that is the only difference, I remember then changing them to sapphire almost straight away......

I have the mineral crystal one, it's a awesome watch, and at that price a fucking bargain