jpgc

Sea Dweller V7

jpgc

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice.

I am going to purchase a DSSD D-Blue from a TD and would like to know what would be the best movement to choose.

Either Swiss ETA 2836-2 or SA3135.

I have read through the section with info on different movements on this site but wondering if anyone has purchased this watch and what experience they have had with their chosen movements.

This would be my first replica purchase so am very new to this world.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

JP

Sealdoggy

I would suggest Asian 2836, I have one that runs like a top

Keith1969

You need to determine what you are looking for in a rep. Do you want the most accurate rep possible? Go with one with the Yuki or sa 3135. Want something easier to source parts for and that you don't have to mess with as soon as you receive it? Get a Swiss 2836. If you get an asian clone 2836 you will be in the same shape as if you got any other asian rep movement. All of them are built in less than clean rooms by less than trained service technicians.

I love my noob v7 dssd and the sa3135 in it! Keeping perfect time for four days ...knock on wood!

DC109

I haven't seen any specific reports of SA3135 breaking down for quite a while. Seems like it's a lingering bad reputation that isn't deserved. Meanwhile, with recent ones being closer to gen and with more factories using them, it seems like parts should be easier to source. So with all that, why not go with the one that looks way more accurate, both inside and out? SA3135 all the way.

Kleen™

Neither!

A2836

Keith1969

I can tell you based solely on my experience buying one dssd v7 noobfactory watch with the sa3135 . That is the one to buy. I have had it a week and it hasn't gained a minute.I just checked it and it looks like it has lost 9 seconds in a week. Honestly. I set it a week ago against my cell phone. I pulled the crown out so the movement stopped. Set it for 4:30 and when the phone went from 4:29 to 4:30 I pushed the crown stem in. I know that isn't technical but I know when my phone is going to change by the seconds sweep on my watch.

I am eventually going to send it off for a service and get it timed and sealed. I feel like even this humble sa3135 asian rep will function within cosc standards.

I will buy another rep with this movement. No other movement works exactly like the gen movememt (the yuki and sa are both clones of the 3135 so i would place them in the same 3135 rep category even though the yuki is a more 1:1 although not a complete 1:1). I understand that the earlier asian clones of this movement had reliability problems but there comes a time when you have to allow for the current ones to speak for themselves.

I am looking at the Yuki movement for a back up...you know...a safety net.

I am really enjoying the dssd but be warned...it is a large top heavy watch (215 grams, just like the gen). If you have a thinner wrist I would suggest a different rolex model. I sleep with mine on!

Edited by Keith1969

Kleen™

^ I'm happy on your behalf, but in all fairness; a week is not nearly enough to pass any sort of valid judgement on reliability issues.

I would place far more trust in reviews from other members across the boards, that have far more experience with the 3135...and have shared that information. Peace!

Keith1969

Another week passed and the sa3135 is still keeping perfect time.

I believe it is time to let the old reviews of this movement go and start reviewing how it is working for people today. The eta's are not accurate...that ia they don't set time properly (compared to the gen 3135). Time to start supporting the manufacturers of reproduction movements so that they can make more and yes even improve their quality. Keep asking for old school improperly functioning movements that also need to be serviced as soon as you receive them and companies will have to keep offering them. Time to let the past go and look to the future...a future which is for reproduction movements!

You know the old saying...time will tell the tale!

Duzza
Another week passed and the sa3135 is still keeping perfect time.

I believe it is time to let the old reviews of this movement go and start reviewing how it is working for people today. The eta's are not accurate...that ia they don't set time properly (compared to the gen 3135). Time to start supporting the manufacturers of reproduction movements so that they can make more and yes even improve their quality. Keep asking for old school improperly functioning movements that also need to be serviced as soon as you receive them and companies will have to keep offering them. Time to let the past go and look to the future...a future which is for reproduction movements!

You know the old saying...time will tell the tale!

Even the the old time bomb seconds at 6 A7750s lasted beyond a few weeks generally. I don't see a reason to accept the 3135 clones as being reliable based on 1 persons 2 week usage.

I'm also unsure why you think the ETA clones are 'innacurate' and 'improperly functioning'? How many days usage is this based on?

Keith1969

It is based on the fact that any asian movement is built under the same conditions as the sa3135 which is to say that every asian movement watch being shipped needs servicing as soon as it is received. I see it suggested from many of your TD's. Now here I go back to my personal experience so knock it if you like. My noob v7 dssd is keeping spectacular time..+-3 seconds at most...typically less especially if I leave it on the wrist. I can easily compare it to my Bulova eta2824-2...that is a genuine eta ,it runs +-7-10 sec daily depending on how you lay it down.

The thing that irritates me is you people are pushing an antiquated movement that doesn't function proper to begin with. If you would suggest the clone 3135's more would be sold and small improvements would be made just like they have been on multiple iterations of the dssd case as well as numerous other models.

Keep pushing the eta based stuff...the clone movements are the future of this hobby. I am seeing several variations of the sa3135 movement already...and glad to see them!

As I type, it is the same time on my watch as my phone...hasn't changed an apreciable amount since I set it. Also I have taken off the watch and not worn it for two days with no time loss. I must say that I am pretty surprised at that. I figured the reserve time would be significantly less than the gen.

If it craps out on me I will be sure and let you guys know as soon as it happens. The way it is running now I don't anticipate that any time soon!

Keith1969

On a side note , if it is still unclear. The eta based movements are inaccurate because they do not function as the gen 3135 do, as to setting the time in the right direction, date chage in the sam manner etc. The eta based movements can be adjusted to cosc standards and be incredibly reliable. ..but they will never be accurate for use in a current rolex case. Accuracy in this since is accurate in function of parts as the gen...not accuracy as far as accurate time keeping ability is concerned . Hope to have cleared that up.

Also the 3135 from rolex is a more durable movement than the eta based on many reviews I have read online. Not opinions of guys like you or me but professional watchsmiths. I did read where one guy said he preferred working on the eta's but then admitted that it was because they are easier to work on. I am going to assume he wasn't admitting that he is lazy that way! Lol!

Keith1969

Another week of flawless performance for my sa3135!

Rokerite

I quite simply do not understand why you are highly delighted that your sa3135 is actually working. So are my a2836 and for that matter so are my dg2813. They are SUPPOSED to work aren't they????

NFleischer

Glad your rep is working well. Still plenty of gens using ETA movements, I'd pick them over a Clone movement anyday.

Assuming that is it's a real ETA not some POS used hybrid.

Keith1969

So..two months gone by and my sa3135 loses about a minute every two weeks. I am glad people that have 2826 eta knock offs are happy with them but they will never be an accurate rep movement for a rolex regardless of how good of time it keeps. It doesn't set in the right direction. Dead giveaway as a fake.

Replica movements are the future.

myth selasi
On 17/06/2017 at 15:47, Rokerite said:

I quite simply do not understand why you are highly delighted that your sa3135 is actually working. So are my a2836 and for that matter so are my dg2813. They are SUPPOSED to work aren't they????

Talk about unnecessary excitement :rofl: I thought that was the whole point of buying them :beerjump:

Glaude
5 hours ago, myth selasi said:

Talk about unnecessary excitement :rofl: I thought that was the whole point of buying them :beerjump:

Talk about necroposting :archaeology:

BadApple

Post Whoring 

:asslick:

Golfer130i

What ? ........... it was only 566 days .......... give him a break :comp-punch:

GingerApple

His necropost here was way more impressive:

Edited by GingerBubba

blueoysterboy

Post whore, that’s a real thing, huh?

court
On 13/02/2019 at 02:01, blueoysterboy said:

Post whore, that’s a real thing, huh?

Yes

GingerApple
11 minutes ago, court said:

Yes