Sign in to follow this  
yllekp

There really are scumbags out there.

yllekp

I was at the watchmakers yesterday. He is kind enough to work on reps for me but does not touch them usually. He brought me out a piece he got in to get checked out.

A person bought a Rolex Sub off a friend. He got it at a steal as his friend was going to Australia and he needed cash. He insisted he needed to be paid in sterling (last time I checked Australian Dollars was the currency used in Australia, alarm bells anyone?). Because he needed money fast he would let the sub go for £1,500 GBP.

Now I have to say I do not have the eagle eyes of people like @QueTip or @Smoke/ @live1 however when I saw it it immediately screamed bad bad fake. This was the worst thing I had ever seen. Cheap jubilee POS for a bracelet that you could cut bread with. The bezel and insert were too big and flopped around. The case work was really shoddy at best. The dial font was done by a not very gifted 12 yr old. The dial itself was rough. Inside there was a clone of an A2813 lol. On the upside the timegrapher results were excellent.

I did not photo this POS as I was afraid its sheer ugliness would do damage to my camera, so you will have to take my word for it. This was fugly.

If I saw this thing for more than $50 in a M2M sale I would nuke it.

Experiences like this make me consider how lucky I am to have found these amazing fora.

Be careful out there people.

ShovelnTC

Not much of a friend by the sounds of it.

yllekp

Funny enough His "Friend" blocked him on Facebook e-mail etc after he pissed off to Oz.

GT86

What a tosser. I'd rather someone was just straight up and asked to borrow the money, particularly a ''friend''.

NCRich

Ass.

Mazz

psssst Rich want to buy a watch ????

BadPickle

Gotta love a scumbag

FuzzyCoyote

RUSH2112

You have power to nuke threads? I want it too.

Walesy

Id be waiting for him getting off the plane...scumbag!

trailboss99

See if you can find out where he now lives . . .

Also, your jeweller mate should make a police report. If he's wanted for questioning in the UK his time here will be short indeed. Also, if he ever steps foot back in the UK he will be arrested on sight.

funkylemon

buy the seller. not the item. thats what I always say.

yllekp

See if you can find out where he now lives . . .

Also, your jeweller mate should make a police report. If he's wanted for questioning in the UK his time here will be short indeed. Also, if he ever steps foot back in the UK he will be arrested on sight.

Yep the watchmaker has told him to go straight to the police, I presume the Irish police and Australian police have a similar arrangement. He probably went to the UK to disappear not Australia at all.

deju

Old saying, but if it cost him that much to never see that person or hear from them again, it was worth it.

trailboss99

Sorry mate Irish police not UK. Same thing applies, if he's wanted there he won't be welcome here for long. If he's in the UK it will be a bit harder, they won't chuck him out and extradition over this is doubtful but he'll never step foot in Eire again without getting detained at the border.

yllekp

Sorry mate Irish police not UK. Same thing applies, if he's wanted there he won't be welcome here for long. If he's in the UK it will be a bit harder, they won't chuck him out and extradition over this is doubtful but he'll never step foot in Eire again without getting detained at the border.

I do not get the impression that the watchmaker knows this guy unfortunately as he heard nothing from him since he dropped the watch in. He will more than likely just destroy the damn thing if he does not return. Unfortunately confidence in the police force here has been undermined recently by the actions of a tiny few. But everything will be back to normal again once the media has had their pound of flesh.

dilip

A sub on a jubilee bracelet, I would pay a small sum to see that though

Hinclimincli

That's perfect if you want to wave it goodbye when it's drowning in the sea right after opening up in the middle of a swim xD

dilip

That's perfect if you want to wave it goodbye when it's drowning in the sea right after opening up in the middle of a swim xD

I guess?

Stuvetjee

seeing a sub on jubilee makes alarm bells go jingle instantly @yllekp

yllekp

You have power to nuke threads? I want it too.

Not on this Forum lol.

seeing a sub on jubilee makes alarm bells go jingle instantly @yllekp

Yeah but a SD on a jubilee, well that is just normal really

DSC_4529_zpsccbfb5n1.jpgDSC_4532_zpsqzqdqgdb.jpg

Sealdoggy

Nice looking watch

yllekp

Nice looking watch

Slightly aged since that shot and now on a Rivet

DSC_4893_zps4oiaowzc.jpg

dilip

Still, not gen.

yllekp

Still, not gen.

Yep but at $119 I would not expect it to be lol.