Sign in to follow this  
sergserg33

Looking for 14060 or 14060M No Date Submariner

sergserg33

Hello RWG!

First post here- I have done lots of reading =)

I want to purchase a 14060 or 14060M no date Submariner

The best one I have found is here http://www.ttw-138.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=601

It is the ROLSUB0009 w/ Swiss ETA 2836-2 Automatic movement from Andrew at Trusty Time

I am thinking this movement is great and will last a long time, I am more concerned about the case, dial, bezel, and bracelet. I am wondering how the quality of it compares to the NOOB V7 ( I am aware that the V7 is a 114060 ). I much prefer the old non ceramic version, but if the quality is much better on the ceramic version I might go with it anyway as quality is very important to me. Also, the V7 is 316F while the ROLSUB0009 uses 316L - I wonder which one shines brighter.

Here is the link to the NOOB V7 ( ROLSUB0189B ) http://www.ttw-138.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=15627

What do you all think?

Thanks very much!

-Jesse W.

markeym3

Hi if you do a few more posts the member to member sales will appear and there is one for sale...

** sorry just realised the one for sale in M2M is an 114060 my bad**

Beetleything

The new Ceramic ones are pretty nice - but they are not as stealthy as the older ones which look smaller on the wrist generally.

ower

Exactly what I want to know as well. Are there 14060 subs repped to the superrep quality standard? I heared JF factory has great pre-ceramic subs, but not sure if black version (and no date).

andyboy

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

Daffy

I would not suggest you buy a "Swiss" movement. They are cobbled together POS's, due to the fact that the Swiss manufacturers do NOT sell movements to anyone not in their conglomerate. Better and cheaper to buy a new Asian clone, and cheaply replaced if there is a problem in the future.

GC

There are rumors that the JF factory, after having released the 16610LV, and shortly the 16610LN, will hopefully replicate the 14060. To date no decent 14060 has been made as they have all used 16610 cases. The 14060 is a every so slightly slimmer and smaller, including dial, than the 16610.

So to answer your question, buy the current 114060 as it is much closer to gen than the 14060 versions from any factory.

;)