Sign in to follow this  
LunchMoney

Noob PM re scam sites

LunchMoney

In the last few weeks I've gotten PMs from new members with 0 posts asking my advice on a watch from a scam site. I do give the TD speech with links to the TD list and the noobs start here page.

My purpose of the post is to see if this is happening to others and or if this is a tactic from outsiders to lure members to other sites or something. I mean let's face it who would take my advice. my last post was me fucking up my watch and asking for assistance in putting it back together.

Tits McGee

It's got to be that wild avatar and your post count. I'd be willing to bet the boys in blue would like to see those PM's.

nuttcrac69

Nope. Nothing in my inbox....

Lowflyermike

In the last few weeks I've gotten PMs from new members with 0 posts asking my advice on a watch from a scam site. I do give the TD speech with links to the TD list and the noobs start here page.

My purpose of the post is to see if this is happening to others and or if this is a tactic from outsiders to lure members to other sites or something. I mean let's face it who would take my advice. my last post was me fucking up my watch and asking for assistance in putting it back together.

Where do we post scam websites? After some investigation I am sure

solidswiss.cd is a scam website. They claim to be in Switzerland making 1;1 clones, including the movement. Yet the ".cd" shows they are actually based in the Congo.

Wriggles

solidswiss.cd is a scam website. They claim to be in Switzerland making 1;1 clones, including the movement. Yet the ".cd" shows they are actually based in the Congo.

There's a scam subforum but to be honest the vast majority here already know about solid swiss or know what to avoid when they see it. I think solid swiss has been posted before.

The domain doesn't necessarily indicate location, only where the site is hosted.

One of our TDs is hosted at an .ru domain and I can categorically assure​ you he is not located in Russia

fatarms

Been here five years and don't recall any PM's out of the blue like that.

Tits McGee

I've had a few sexual PM's out of the blue (very understandable) but never scam sites.

ShovelnTC

Mostly I just get PM's asking me to stop posting.

RUSH2112

No need to post scam websites since we have plenty of TDs and they just need to use them to avoid being scammed.

fatarms

I've had a few sexual PM's out of the blue (very understandable) but never scam sites.

I'd wager that somewhere between three and nine of those were from me.

Tits McGee

rqeqrVM.jpg

fatarms

rqeqrVM.jpg

Look at those cheeks...

Make that three to ten.

myaz

Good of you to point out the .cd=Congo.

Posting scam websites is futile as there were thousands last time I checked about 5 years ago. The list would get outdated before it was drafted: Before and since then, many names have changed, many have dropped off and many more have popped up. It's the ole cut off the hydra's head and 2 more appear.

This is why it's oft admonished here, indeed much simpler to deal ONLY with TDs and ignore the rest.

mysterio

Typically scammers would target low post count members who probably haven't been fully aware of scam websites, lure them into checking the websites out with intros like "I've come across this website where the watches look like the real stuff and are really affordable, can I get your opinion on it?", pure click bait. But 100+ posts and 2 years here would remove you from that target population so not sure why you were specifically targeted.

greg_r

It shows nothing of the kind. If that was true, this board would be based in Belize....

They are, however, scammers - but not for that reason.

OP: if you're getting bugged by newbies and think they might not be on the up and up, just let me know and I'll check 'em out.

black263

I have had a few PMs asking me if I had xxxxx in stock. Can't remember the thread, but I do remember some twat beloved fellow member posted that if anyone wanted to buy a watch they should contact me. :suck:

greg_r

I have had a few PMs asking me if I had xxxxx in stock. Can't remember the thread, but I do remember some twat beloved fellow member posted that if anyone wanted to buy a watch they should contact me. :suck:

Yep. Attn all noobs: If you want to buy a watch, PM black263 or onzenuub.

:giggle:

black263

Thank you Greg. You're far too kind. But no need to PM me. All my current stock is supplied through my retail network as I have too many sales to cope with. My dealers are listed on my website. (See below.)

Mazz

is onze handeling your overflow?

black263
is onze handeling your overflow?

I did try him but found a better offer from a Finnish tinkerer.