Sign in to follow this  
Nikosaldente

New Rolex Sea Dweller 2017 at 43mm

phone

I was reading a review of a six digit rep the other day and can't remember the factory but it was one of the majors..Noob, BP or JF .. someone like that and the insert was actually steel with a ceramic dlc or pvd coating. Looked pretty good still though

It looks alright, yeah I agree. I still can't justify that price for the first round though.

Mr_B

It seems it's the BP that has been released acording to trusty time. Looking forward to noobs version.

Lagger

According to my email today it's the GF factory version, and the guy who made it saw it once in a magazine as it blew past him in the wind

Duzza

Andrew @ Trusty Time has just released the BP version

http://www.ttw-138.c...f8926d9fe126f28

Thoughts?

Better but did a child draw the bezel font? Not even close!!

alexhe1234

I actually really like the look of this watch! Ironically, I've found I actually liked some of the less correct reps of the submariner better than the Gen. The tapered lugs vs squared box like ones look better to my eye/prefereces. This piece incorporates that. Also the subtle red accents are a nice touch.

It's strange but I totally agree!

alexhe1234

Thoughts?

the font on the rep looks a bit thin, and "40" is not properly aligned.

Duzza

Thoughts?

the font on the rep looks a bit thin, and "40" is not properly aligned.

Less of an issue than the fact the font might as well be wingdings

BL888

not sure about the cyclops... I love my DSSDs and debating on getting a blue face. But then this comes out... Choices choices

lipbos

Might try one of these BP's just to see what a 43mm sub actually looks like on the wrist - without a Steinhart logo that is !

BL888

Has anyone purchased one of these yet?

Undinist

I rather like it - it's like something out of a sci-fi movie - the sort of thing you might see in the cargo bay of an HR Giger designed spaceship.

Mr_B

I rather like it - it's like something out of a sci-fi movie - the sort of thing you might see in the cargo bay of an HR Giger designed spaceship.

what1.gif

By-Tor

There is also the classic seadweller ceramic 116600. Probably more balanced, even if too similar to a worked out Sub-C (40mm but bulkier case):

Rolex-Seadweller-001.jpg

This is the best looking fat lugs Rolex model I've seen.

Why? Because it looks so much like that really elegant, beautiful one. It even has the classic looking crown guards. Almost like Porsche 996 ugly duckling that received rounded 997 headlights mod. :D

zw-111036w.jpg

Crowsnest3000

Hi Guys 1st post so dont kill me. :help3:

I bought one of these as soon as it was released from Andrew last month. (A2836)

While the dial & crystal (ar coated cyclops too) is great the only thing that lets this down is the bezel insert. This is a dead givaway, the numbers are too thin and the platinum paint is also too dark. The etching is not deep enough.

The bracelet clasp is also sharp and dangerous as I nearly cut my daughter with it when picking her up to put her in the car.

The bezel action is fantastic and the date font is accurate but the actual thickness of the watch head is slightly slimmer than the gen. Yes its like a giant submariner but I actually prefer the slimmer thickness to the gen.

I have noticed that the New Factory have a cheaper version (just released) with a better bezel insert so I may swap out the insert with the BP version.

I love BP dial printing and their bezel action but the inserts are always a let down.

Maybe I will get the Noob version which is coming out soon.

Edited by Crowsnest3000

lipbos

"A local man was found guilty today in a bizarre case involving the mutilation of a toddler with a counterfeit wristwatch....."

Crowsnest3000

"A local man was found guilty today in a bizarre case involving the mutilation of a toddler with a counterfeit wristwatch....."

Yeah, ISIS will be using these soon in syria. Not funny man.

Monkey_Business

The bracelet clasp is also sharp and dangerous as I nearly cut my daughter with it when picking her up to put her in the car.

Welcome to the internet. This is a foul place, and I'm sure nearly cutting your daughter was a nasty experience.

But, this is the internet, and I spat my coffee reading this..

Crowsnest3000

Welcome to the internet. This is a foul place, and I'm sure nearly cutting your daughter was a nasty experience.

But, this is the internet, and I spat my coffee reading this..

Hi Mate,

Yes ive just stumbled on this thing called the internet,

Where have I been for 35 years !!