Sign in to follow this  
Time bandit

IWC 5007 ZF 4 BEST EDITION

Time bandit

Hi guys

Purchased a rose gold grey dial Z4 latest edition with a extra grey croc strap of which I'm happy with.

The movement,dial date flick over solid feel to hands and winder is perfect and the 7 day power reserve is spot on , its perfect !!!

BUT it has engraving on deployant clasp and then the dreaded words stainless steel when it's rose gold , the case has great gold stamping under strap lugs then to spoil claps with steel fustrates me , best edition wow .

Is there better clasps available even older ones? as other than this its a super rep for me

Why the school boy error

???

alanArgon

well they followed the Gen 1:1 and perhaps the Gen used was one with Stainless Steel Clasp ;)

photos?

tonyh7

I have a uboat rep that has swiss on the dial and the dreaded words 'made in China' on the case back. I assume it isn't 1:1 with the gen.

Davesjourney
:ttiwwop:

alanArgon

BTW which TD?

FunnyStarSystem

As does mine. It is actually stainless steel under there, so the weight will always be the most significant tell after the crudely sharp edges. If it bothers you so much you can file it down, refine the edges and have it re-plated. Or buy a real one ($2k, so tongue in cheek, but some do go to extremes!). It's quite hidden and miniscule so not sure why such a problem since anyone handling it that intimately will already notice the weight, etc. I had a beautiful, custom gator made by Orloff for mine and just forgot about that tiny stamp.

Time bandit

I'm with you on this matter,

quote the best edition, 1 to 1 ,, I just find it fustrating that it's not sorted at the factory,one niggles not bad,could have been a super rep without modding,

I've a grey grain strap also the same, and the brown reps straps not bad

THANKS