Sign in to follow this  
Rassilon

SUCKY day at the office, then came home to 4 orders arriving at the same time...

Rassilon

Today was an incredibly frustrating day at the office. I was sick, spent most of the day interfacing on a project that either had no one heading it up or had someone who didn't have any idea what was doing -- not sure which -- and at the end of the day got news that the person on my team I depend on the most is getting moved, and that without anyone having had the basic courtesy of giving me a heads up.

I came home simultaneously exhausted and infuriated. And what was waiting for me but 3 different watches and two straps I had ordered on different days. God's mercies are new everyday... and can apparently include horological miracles when required.

34444875212_38ec0290e8_h.jpg

The two subs are my first Regmariners, unboxing review in another thread, and the 389 is from Puretime. (Brief aside, I was introduced to PT next door when we were down. Their price was good, service excellent, and the product is beautiful; but their shipping, even with DHL, was crazy slow compared to Andrew at TT, my go-to dealer.)

One strap is a leather that I don't love (not pictured) and the other is the the green with gold stripe special from Erikas Originals. Not only is it great looking, but it's super comfortable too.

Well, I still spent the rest of the evening incredibly frustrated, but I did with all sorts of style... so I guess that's something. And tomorrow when this has faded, I'll still have some gorgeous wristwear. =)

charlesanderika

Always nice to forget the pressures of work with some cool new watches :)

Davesjourney

That's a nice looking collection you have going on there!

Would love to see some close ups of the non Pam stuff

watch.aholic

That would certainly cheer up anybody.

FuzzyCoyote

Lovely little group.

Cant decide if I would prefer to get a load at once for a mega high, or one on each day to have a little pep up on more than one occasion..

GT86

Wham! Usually wouldn't get a haul like that outside birthday or xmas! I hope your single, or at least had a lip gloss and a bar of chocolate in your pocket for the Mrs?! I'd be in deep shit if all that arrived and nothing for mine :lolcina:

Very nice choices btw :thumbsup2:

Rassilon

Lovely little group.

Cant decide if I would prefer to get a load at once for a mega high, or one on each day to have a little pep up on more than one occasion..

I hear you. I didn't really want them all at once. Shipping took a while for both orders, and they just happened to hit together. But the mega-high was needed. =)

Wham! Usually wouldn't get a haul like that outside birthday or xmas! I hope your single, or at least had a lip gloss and a bar of chocolate in your pocket for the Mrs?! I'd be in deep shit if all that arrived and nothing for mine :lolcina:

Bahahahahaha! She knows I got 3 today but also that I sold 4 to fund them. I /think/ I'm okay... at least for now. Finding a way to fund a Tudor Oyster-Prince, however, may be a little tricky. =)

FuzzyCoyote

Lovely little group.

I hear you. I didn't really want them all at once. Shipping took a while for both orders, and they just happened to hit together. But the mega-high was needed. =)

I know what thats like. Could have done with the one I have incoming land yesterday as well.... Had a bitch of a day...

GT86

Lovely little group.

Bahahahahaha! She knows I got 3 today but also that I sold 4 to fund them. I /think/ I'm okay... at least for now. Finding a way to fund a Tudor Oyster-Prince, however, may be a little tricky. =)

Oooh Those Tudors are really cool, looked at them myself. RE the Mrs. I'm sure she's quietly understanding of 'the illness', even so, chuck a Cartier Quartz into your next order for her, I guarantee it will be money well spent! :thumbsup2:

darkstorm147

I'm sure that coming home to these beauties alleviated some of the stress from the office! I joined the forum a couple of months ago and after skulking about here and at the other rep forums I have been seriously considering a Regmariner as my first rep. Posts/pictures like these really make me want to pull the trigger! Congrats on these!

Edited by darkstorm147

Rassilon

I'm sure that coming home to these beauties alleviated some of the stress from the office! I joined the forum a couple of months ago and after skulking about here and at the other rep forums I have been seriously considering a Regmariner as my first rep. Posts/pictures like these really make me want to pull the trigger! Congrats on these!

Do it! Especially if it's your first rep. Regmariners are lower beat 21j movements, but the vast majority of the public would never get close enough to see the sweep, let alone know just how smooth its supposed to be. For the money, it's an awesome starter!

Got lots of pics of the two Regs here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=130673

G_sus

Can you post details of where you got the green NATO from?

Is it elasticated?

Lovely haul :)

darkstorm147

Do it! Especially if it's your first rep. Regmariners are lower beat 21j movements, but the vast majority of the public would never get close enough to see the sweep, let alone know just how smooth its supposed to be. For the money, it's an awesome starter!

Got lots of pics of the two Regs here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=130673

I saw them, they really do look spectacular. I can't believe, based off of the price that I have seen for other reps, that the quality is so good at such an excellent price! only know I can trust ordering one because everyone is currently ranting about how good they are. I'll do some more research on the 21J movement, but this seems like a no brainer as a first purchase.

Rassilon

Is it elasticated?

Thanks!

And absolutely. You can find them here: http://erikasoriginals.com/

Shipping was reasonably fast from wherever she's based overseas (outside CONUS anyway), and her service is great. Personal follow-up, instructions how to use it, etc.

And you're right, it's elastic. Makes it crazy comfortable.

Rassilon

Got lots of pics of the two Regs here: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=130673

I saw them, they really do look spectacular. I can't believe, based off of the price that I have seen for other reps, that the quality is so good at such an excellent price! only know I can trust ordering one because everyone is currently ranting about how good they are. I'll do some more research on the 21J movement, but this seems like a no brainer as a first purchase.

Hang on and I'll post a video of the movement on this one in action. Supposedly Reg's are 21,600 BPH, but I swear this is only 18,000. And I don't think that's Reg pulling a fast one or anything. I think that's just the movement his supplier's currently using. I haven't seen anywhere where he said they're 21.6. But 18k is still 5 ticks/sec, which is definitely discernible but not from any sort of distance.

Cubic Hare

You could download Clock Tuner and find out for sure.

Cheers

darkstorm147

Hang on and I'll post a video of the movement on this one in action. Supposedly Reg's are 21,600 BPH, but I swear this is only 18,000. And I don't think that's Reg pulling a fast one or anything. I think that's just the movement his supplier's currently using. I haven't seen anywhere where he said they're 21.6. But 18k is still 5 ticks/sec, which is definitely discernible but not from any sort of distance.

I'd appreciate that, thanks! So because this one is only 18,000 bph, and it's supposed to be running at 21,600, it's 5 ticks instead of 6 ticks per second, correct? Again, I'm just getting into all this and have a ton to learn, but is that something that you would be able to tell just by looking at the movement of the hand? Such a slightly slower sweeping motion? I mean, you were able to tell that it seemed a bit slower, so I guess that's a yes.

Rassilon

Movement video, as promised! The video starts at regular speed then drops to slow-mo so you can get a better look.

Rassilon

I'd appreciate that, thanks! So because this one is only 18,000 bph, and it's supposed to be running at 21,600, it's 5 ticks instead of 6 ticks per second, correct? Again, I'm just getting into all this and have a ton to learn, but is that something that you would be able to tell just by looking at the movement of the hand? Such a slightly slower sweeping motion? I mean, you were able to tell that it seemed a bit slower, so I guess that's a yes.

Well, it's not necessarily /supposed/ to be 21,600. I've only seen that said about Regmariners, not by Reg himself.

I think most of the folks around here could tell the difference, but the majority of the public doesn't have this mental illness we share. And even if they did, very few will ever be close enough to your wrist to notice, let alone have the guts to ask or try to sneak a peek.

Don't let it bother you, especially on a first rep. There's plenty of time to have BK rework a Noob for you. But first see if you like the hobby with something like a Reg. =)

Rassilon

You could download Clock Tuner and find out for sure.

Cheers

Now that is super cool. Thanks, mate!

darkstorm147

I don't want to keep quoting since it's getting super long, just wanted to say thanks for the explanations and the video. Now to email a certain someone about a certain watch...

Edited by darkstorm147

G_sus

Is it elasticated?

Thanks!

And absolutely. You can find them here: http://erikasoriginals.com/

Shipping was reasonably fast from wherever she's based overseas (outside CONUS anyway), and her service is great. Personal follow-up, instructions how to use it, etc.

And you're right, it's elastic. Makes it crazy comfortable.

Thanks

Will check them out :)

Nikosaldente

Nice group you got there!

I believe I gave you a little push towards that 389,huh?

Enjoy wearing them in the best of health mate!

Cheers!

Rassilon

Cheers!

I do believe you did! I can't even remember how that discussion started, but given yesterday's deliver, it obviously ended right. =)

But honestly, I can't take my eyes of Reg's work. Sure, a higher BPH would be great, but that's the only qualm I've got. And most everything else I have is 28.8, and I don't love those any more than these.

Guns used to be my expensive hobby. But my oh my how that's changed. At least these don't require ammo!

Nikosaldente

Cheers!

I do believe you did! I can't even remember how that discussion started, but given yesterday's deliver, it obviously ended right. =)

But honestly, I can't take my eyes of Reg's work. Sure, a higher BPH would be great, but that's the only qualm I've got. And most everything else I have is 28.8, and I don't love those any more than these.

Guns used to be my expensive hobby. But my oh my how that's changed. At least these don't require ammo!

giphy.gif