Sign in to follow this  
joegut

Noob mistakes

joegut

I have to say first I feel grateful for finding this replica forum. My first replica was bought in 1987, during a trip to Europe and I was really delighted by that cheap replica Rolex that I got for a little francs. I could not say where this replica was made, I think in some place of werstern europe hidden by comunist laws, but what I recall is having it working for more than 22 years. With time I bought some more, very limited styles, mostly Rolex, Cartier, and Omega. I had to sell them all which by the way was very easy.

Until almost 2 months ago that I found the forum. I had been buying reps almost everyweek with the same feeling I got in Paris, way back. This bargain feeling has made me made some mistakes and sure will learn from them.

But the most important has to do with: Read the product label and review the QC pictures the most you can based on that spec.

I'm not trashing anybody, not my style, just to share noob experience.

The specs:

MOVEMENT: Asian ST2555 Automatic Movement, Modified P9000 Bridge Plates, Engraving and Perforated Insignia Rotor, Antimagnetic Cover

CASE DIAMETER: 47mm

THICKNESS: 18mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial and Subdials, Patina Superluminova Bar/Dot Markers and Needles

CASE MATERIAL: Stainless Steel Caseset, DLC Black Coated

BRACELET: Vintage Looking Distressed Black Calf Leather Strap with DLC Black Coated Insignia Tang Buckle

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal, Same Thickness as Genuine... 8mm Thick, Colourless AR Coated

BACK GLASS: Display Case Back with Detailed Serial Engraving, Individual P Serial Nos... PXXXX/1000

BEZEL: Ceramic Bezel

CLASP TYPE: Tang Buckle

The result: (NO QC PICTURES) Is an actual pictures of the watch I authorice and I already got

You can see no AR in Front Glass and I did forgot to check the back....there is no back glass....

My 2 cents...By the way I still impressed whatsoever

DSC_1185_zpswa8w7lta.jpg

wolfwood

Did you contact the TD you got it from to try to fix this?

elp

Correct, if it bothers you, go back to the TD to discuss how to fix/resolve. If unhappy with the TD's responses, the moderators here may be able to assist.

By the way, I have never been happy with any of my rep's AR.

mysterio

So what did your TD tell you (although easy enough to see which TD you purchased from)? Also, I can see that you purchased the lesser of the two versions of this watch and it may not have as good an AR as the more expensive version. As for the ad text, it's clearly copy-pasted from some other ad as the PAM508 does not have a display caseback.

claude

As Mysterio stated, there is no display caseback on Pam508...You do not had 2 minutes time to google pam508 on the net to compare yours with gen?

About AR, I had both versions from KW (Seagull and A7750), both of them had same reflective glass without visible AR on it. I think also the Gen has same shitty glass on it, not very far from rep one.

This model is very nice and close to gen from my point of view, so enjoy it!

Monkey_Business

Honestly, I think you're expecting too much from a replica watch. I'd be pleased with that purchase - If you need more AR, there are professional modders on this forum.

Left Coast Guy

As Mysterio stated, there is no display caseback on Pam508...You do not had 2 minutes time to google pam508 on the net to compare yours with gen?

About AR, I had both versions from KW (Seagull and A7750), both of them had same reflective glass without visible AR on it. I think also the Gen has same shitty glass on it, not very far from rep one.

This model is very nice and close to gen from my point of view, so enjoy it!

Yes, I'll second, the AR on the gen sucks compared to the after market double AR you can get on the forums.