Sign in to follow this  
transalpian

JF AP 15400 movement question

transalpian

Hello! I have a second hand jf ap15400 with (i believe) the miyota 9015 movement.

The rotor doesn't move, thus no autowind. I can handwind, and it seems to have a decent power reserve when I do that.

Is this an easy-ish fix? Anybody out there who works on these? Should I just get used to winding?

Thanks in advance.

Chuck

(I'm in the USA, for location).

GenTLe

Not sure we have an US Based watch tech here. For sure there is one over RWI forum.

transalpian

We have Gary here, but this is not one of the movements he works on. Good guy though.

linos

Mate. Is the gold decorated rotor that doesn't move? If so that is just there for decoration the real miyota rotor sits just beneath the gold rotor. Hence the fact it doesn't move will not affect the automatic movement. As for getting the fake rotor moving you need someone to open up. Nevertheless the fact that the rotor doesn't move is not a bad thing as you will have a fix to the common problem with these and that's the noise form the constant movement of the gold rotor.

transalpian

I don't see anything moving. Also, it stops running (after a time) when I leave it on a winder. Maybe I will just handwind?