Sign in to follow this  
Kwt

Kenny Modded JF Ceramic Daytona 23J

Kwt

Hi All,

I've been out of the rep game for some time now as I happily will have the one gen and no reps but the 116500 is really an unobtainable watch at the moment so sod it had to buy the rep which has got a lot of praise on this forum.

Out of the box it is very good but can definitely be improved. The 23J is pretty decent and the sweep is smooth. The time keeping is also accurate and the power reserve is really not bad. Thickness is also about right.

The bracelet isn't as bad as everyone says it is. The end links fit fine but where the BP has the edge is that it feels a lot heavier, more solid - in short it feels more gen then the JF. The clasp on the JF though is slightly more accurate to gen and has the groves inside if you are that anal about things like that.

The lume was the only bad thing about this - was pretty awful. So after some really useful advice from Godfather who had his one done by Kenny - I got in touch with him. Kenny took his time but I couldn't be more happier with the result since he also fixed some issues such as seconds hand alignment and improved the timing and of course maxed up the lume. I can't recommend Kenny enough as he is very professional, sends you videos of unboxing and the finished product and some pictures of the lume and what not. But patience is the key - I didn't have my watch for 2 months but everyone is entitled to a life outside of this hobby!

Enjoy the pictures guys - this is a great rep and has that glossy look that dare I say it, only a gen could have.

Thanks to Kenny & to Godfather for replying to my constant badgering on PM's!

33813083696_bacfcc0ee6_o_zpsz1jnj5xk.jpg

33813083796_92d2095cc8_o_zps5funp2ys.jpg

20170429_140000_zpsoubhybsk.jpg

20170429_140234_zpspeqrvlqq.jpg

20170505_160837_zpsgfy46efg.jpg

20170505_160917_zpszpovq8zm.jpg

20170505_161440_zpszz4obefm.jpg

20170517_200536_zpslbfdh7dx.jpg

Edited by Kwt

Mr_B

Looks great mate

GenTLe

Great job KeNnY and beautiful watch!

May I chime in with a question?

So, I already asked another member about this watch and movement, but yet I can't get it exactly: the subdial at 3 and 9 are supposed to do nothing, correct? So are they fixed or they move around (and how?)? I ask seeing the 3rd pic where the subdial at 9 shows "5", while, if fixed, should be "12" like in the other pics.

And about the pushers? Are they disconnected or they do something like in those cheap reps where the pushers move the subdials at 3 and 9?

Thanks in advance!

Kwt

Great job KeNnY and beautiful watch!

May I chime in with a question?

So, I already asked another member about this watch and movement, but yet I can't get it exactly: the subdial at 3 and 9 are supposed to do nothing, correct? So are they fixed or they move around (and how?)? I ask seeing the 3rd pic where the subdial at 9 shows "5", while, if fixed, should be "12" like in the other pics.

And about the pushers? Are they disconnected or they do something like in those cheap reps where the pushers move the subdials at 3 and 9?

Thanks in advance!

Hey man - no the needles on the subdials at 3 and 9 do nothing and do not advance. The pusher (top right) advances it forward but thats about it. There is no reason to push them unless you are bored lol. Yes the cheap 21J ones use to do the same but I am not sure if you are actually able to disconnect the pusher function. Either way I leave them at @12 for the clean look.

Edited by Kwt

GenTLe

Thanks Kwt! Now it is clear :)

Godfathar

Thanks for the mention... the rep looks great mate.. enjoy in good health. :)

KeNnY

Thank you buddy, very happy you are happy :) So beautiful piece this daytona.

Hope you will enjoy it for long time !

The astromaster

I can't see the pics, photobucket won't load it, how can I view it?

rocky_raccoon

Looks awesome

GC
45 minutes ago, rocky_raccoon said:

Looks awesome

You see pics? 

rawbaws
1 hour ago, rocky_raccoon said:

Looks awesome

Idiot