Sign in to follow this  
Thelittleprince

One of the cleanest Panda chronographs I've seen!

Diver Dave

1970's pillow case shape.Really dated.... didn't like them then and don't like them now.

The sharp knurling on the pushers is crude. Easy to make, and crude.

Tiny crown. Guess they wanted to use the same part for the crown as for the pusher. Save a penny.

Flat mineral glass crystal? Come on....

The black arc between 40 seconds and 60 means what? Nothing? Really? So... what's it doing there?

Skeleton hands (so you can see the subdials, apparently) without lume? Am I the only person who wants to peek at my watch at Zero-Dark-Thirty to see when the alarm is gonna go off?

Quartz?

<yawn>....

It's dated now and will look worse in ten years. Only a fool would buy this POS*.

*That's "Piece of Shit" in case you were wondering.

Edited by Diver Dave

rawbaws

Have to agree. Does nothing for me whatsoever.

childishthing
1970's pillow case shape.Really dated.... didn't like them then and don't like them now.

Tiny crown. Guess they wanted to use the same part for the crown as for the pusher. Save a penny.

The black arc between 40 seconds and 60 means what? Nothing? Really? So... what's it doing there?

Skeleton hands (so you can see the subdials, apparently) without lume? Am I the only person who wants to peek at my watch at Zero-Dark-Thirty to see when the alarm is gonna go off?

Quartz?

<yawn>....

It's dated now and will look worse in ten years. Only a fool would buy this POS*.

You fuckin mind reader you.

SCFX4L

Quartz?

<yawn>....

Yahtzee!

Thelittleprince

Aaaahhhhh. Well, that sums up this watch :lol:

I personally just liked the aesthetics and design.

On to the next :lol:

childishthing

What the fuck do we know? Don't be swayed by some random asshats on the internet. If you like it, get two of them buddy.

Thelittleprince

What the fuck do we know? Don't be swayed by some random asshats on the internet. If you like it, get two of them buddy.

Theres some great points that were raised! Thats the beauty of the forum is to see what other people see that you couldn't! I am not a watch expert whatsoever so i do appreciate the negative comments towards it!

Plus tbh with you, im just addicted to panda chronographs and regret selling my 3714 iwc panda :lol:

Bidle

Well 2ᴺᴰ post saus it all,.... :-)

watch.aholic

Not a fan of the case set. The dial too is barren in my opinion. It should have had a subdial at 6 to fill in that space.

Edited by watch.aholic

Genius

............... regret selling my 3714 iwc panda :lol:

Just buy it back/buy another. I know you gone off reps a bit but no reason you can't have 1 or 2 alongside your gen collection

brang1

Asshats indeed :lmao:

elp

I like it .... will wait for the rep though :)

BadPickle

34AFFEAE-3AAF-4916-870B-024894E516CD_zps21s0hnep.jpg

Baaaa.....

So now you're like "oh yeah driver dave has spoken so the watch must be shit, he's got (so he claims) a few Rolex gens, or whatever he was waffling on about in another thread with too many words for my attention span,,, so he must know stuff baaaaaaa......

splke

no they're your sexual targets pickle love

diarrheamouth

check out the big brains on the Diver. hmmmmmmmm...chill

Thelittleprince

............... regret selling my 3714 iwc panda :lol:

Just buy it back/buy another. I know you gone off reps a bit but no reason you can't have 1 or 2 alongside your gen collection

Absoulty, im actually waiting for one to pop up on m2m! As you may know i have a bad taste in my mouth Atm ordering from China

Thelittleprince

Baaaa.....

So now you're like "oh yeah driver dave has spoken so the watch must be shit, he's got (so he claims) a few Rolex gens, or whatever he was waffling on about in another thread with too many words for my attention span,,, so he must know stuff baaaaaaa......

But i thought Rwg is all about goats

download%2011_zps9ug4kzsp.jpg

NMA

The black arc between 40 seconds and 60 is lap timer.

Diver Dave

How is that a lap timer?

Help me out here. I raced Porsche for about a decade.... and no clue about that.

splke

I bet the Porsche beat ya !

Diver Dave

Baaaa.....

Baaa!

Take a look on Ebay at the realized prices for comparable gen chronos from the 60's and 70's. Pick a movement and look for watches using it that have sold with classic cases and pillow cases. There's a huge value difference, about 2X in many cases. The pillow shaped cases simply have not stood the test of time.

That's the market speaking, not me.....

Enjoy!

Edited by Diver Dave

BadPickle

Baaaa.....

Baaa!

Take a look on Ebay at the realized prices for comparable gen chronos from the 60's and 70's. Pick a movement and look for watches using it that have sold with classic cases and pillow cases. There's a huge value difference, about 2X in many cases. The pillow shaped cases simply have not stood the test of time.

That's the market speaking, not me.....

Enjoy!

All hail Driver Dave :bow:

NMA

How is that a lap timer?

Help me out here. I raced Porsche for about a decade.... and no clue about that.

ok,

what was your shortest single circuit lap then?

Between 40 to 60 seconds

Do you think there was a lap shorter than 40 seconds in 1970's?