Sign in to follow this  
tomtom1988

Courier leaving parcel outside house advice

tomtom1988

Can anyone chime in who knows where I stand.

Yesterday after a failed attempt by DHL to deliver a parcel ( claimed they knocked and nobody answered which is complete bullshit ) they today decide to leave my parcel behind a flowerpot in my front garden. I am at work and not home for a couple of hours, where do I stand if the parcel has vanished when I get home?! Worst thing is I told the customer service woman on the phone yesterday that if nobody is in just take it back and redeliver, the idiots still do this.

Worse than that the package is an expensive belt! Easily the price of a top range rep, think I will be ok if the package has gone? Anyone had anything similar?

WatchDog21

Having been through a few postal thefts here is what I did:

26633138071_0218b81b0a_c.jpg

An architectural mail box bolted into concrete. If I know my package will not fit then I stop it at the delivery service (USPS, FedEX, UPS) and have them hold it for pick up

Banksy

Hermes seem quite good at it.

The parcel belongs to the sender until delivered so they are responsible, they would need to resend and claim from DHL.

tomtom1988

The parcel belongs to the sender until delivered so they are responsible, they would need to resend and claim from DHL.

Thankfully it was bought through Amazon, Amazon in my experience are good at sorting things, I'm hoping it's there, it came from Italy and really wanted it for an occasion this weekend! What a pain

tomtom1988

And it's not there :( seller seems good though and Amazon are helpful and basically guaranteed my money, I know many here use DHL for watches but never will I use these cowboys again

FL13

What a pain.Thankfully it's a genuine product and from Amazon. :)

BadPickle

we got a mobile phone stolen a few years back, it was christmas and the postie got into the habit of leaving stuff behind the flowerpot, i got home from work to find a torn open parcel with a pair of gloves, when mrsP got home the same day she asked where the other parcel was, as she had checked the tracking and it had been signed for and delivered, turns out the dickhead postie signed it himself!!

took 6 months to get a refund!! i think he got the sack ( :lol: no pun intended)

tomtom1988
we got a mobile phone stolen a few years back, it was christmas and the postie got into the habit of leaving stuff behind the flowerpot, i got home from work to find a torn open parcel with a pair of gloves, when mrsP got home the same day she asked where the other parcel was, as she had checked the tracking and it had been signed for and delivered, turns out the dickhead postie signed it himself!!

took 6 months to get a refund!! i think he got the sack ( :lol: no pun intended)

Deserved it mate! Funny thing is the seller contacted DHL to start the claim and they told him I requested for it to be left behind a flower pot! Like fuck I did, I swiftly reminded him the goods were of a fairly high value and that he should request a copy of the phone call if they try that shit, he's opened a case with DHL which will be resolved tomorrow, seems a decent guy so don't want him out of pocket but at the end of the day I've paid for something that someone else has got due to incompetence with he's courier

Either way Amazon have been nothing short of amazing in promising a full refund

Banksy

Thankfully it was bought through Amazon, Amazon in my experience are good at sorting things, I'm hoping it's there, it came from Italy and really wanted it for an occasion this weekend! What a pain

Yes Amazon are really good, we had an ipad go missing a couple of years ago, delivery said it had been delivered. Amazon couldnt get a signature so a second was dispatched same day. Both turned up the next day. Turns out the first delivery company were going to miss the guaranteed delivery so put it down as being delivered. Amazon were really good and let us keep both ipads as one had already been claimed for.

I work from home alot now and one courier firm doesnt even knock, they just open the porch door and bung the item in, apparently still signed for. I now lock the door so that can not happen. DPD is my favourite courier, deliver when they should and you can even track where they are and you get a time window in which it will be delivered.