Sign in to follow this  
Mr_B

Auto for the wife?

Mr_B

So it's the wife's birthday coming up in a month or two, I'm trying to get her out of the shite MK and over not to be mentioned fashion brands. I want to get her a decent Cartier further down the road. But for know I'm looking for a decent automatic no more that £300-£350

Anyone have any experience in this sector of the market?

BM284

I brought my wife a lovely vintage tudor oysterdate - 'twas £400 after a haggle.... Might be worth looking in the vintage market?

Mr_B

Good shout Boomoo

Right idea TomTom but I just can't stretch to that much

http://www.chrono24.co.uk/cartier/santos-octagon-lady-18k-gold-steel-auto-only-box--id6255775.htm

A tad above budget but if you're looking at Cartier in the long term...

I brought my wife a lovely vintage tudor oysterdate - 'twas £400 after a haggle.... Might be worth looking in the vintage market?

Piccolo

Some of the Hamilton range could be had for that money, there are some really nice unisex models that would look very much at home on a womans wrist.

Diver Dave

For just a wee bit more... there are loads of vintage ladies Rolex's around. They do not seem to be increasing in value like the gents versions, and there's a glut of them. You might end up with a hand wind, but there are some really good deals to be had.

Mr_B
For just a wee bit more... there are loads of vintage ladies Rolex's around. They do not seem to be increasing in value like the gents versions, and there's a glut of them. You might end up with a hand wind, but there are some really good deals to be had.

Il take a look!

Some of the Hamilton range could be had for that money, there are some really nice unisex models that would look very much at home on a womans wrist.

Cheers Piccolo

Diver Dave

Just do an EBay seach on "Ladies Rolex" and then put in a price between about $300 and $800 and see what you turn up.

In non-Oyster cases there are quite a lot of nice choices, from the 1920's right on up to the 60's. And this genre of watch isn't counterfeited, so the odds of getting a nice example are very high. Lasies don't seem to beat them up either. These make terrific gifts. I've given away several in my time and the received impression always exceeds the cost to procure.

Edited by Diver Dave

ERROR404

Not an automatic, but I got my wife this from ebay:

DSC09685.JPG?raw=1

DSC09689.JPG?raw=1

DSC09684.JPG?raw=1

I think it was $360 (don't recall).

Del

Would she actually like an auto? When I explained what they were to my wife she couldn't understand why anyone would want a watch that stops within two days if you don't wear it! :lol: Setting it every time she wanted to wear it would be such a hassle that she would never actually wear it at all, unless I was around to set it for her. And that's exactly what happened when she had a rep Rolex Datejust a while back! :facepalm:

rawbaws

Would she actually like an auto? When I explained what they were to my wife she couldn't understand why anyone would want a watch that stops within two days if you don't wear it! :lol: Setting it every time she wanted to wear it would be such a hassle that she would never actually wear it at all, unless I was around to set it for her. And that's exactly what happened when she had a rep Rolex Datejust a while back! :facepalm:

^^ This. My wife only wears hers if I'm around to set it for her when she wants to wear it.

Thelittleprince

I got my lady an AP 33mm

Quartz, but not MK so win win :lol:

20161220_140411_zpsodmxvxuo.jpg

splke
BadPickle

I got mine a M Korrs rose gold Quartz, she loves it, they don't get the auto thing like us, she won't wear it if she's gotta set the time every time she wears it. That's just how they're wired up.... freaks :lol:

NCRich

I was thinking this was about something completely different.

lexidium

Auto for the wife?

Sounds like a fair swap!

Sifu Whitey

I'm not wanting to break or circumvent any rules here, plus I'm not sure if it's what you're even looking for, but I'll be putting this women's Croton President Bellagio up for sale in the M2M section as soon as I sell the franken Day Date I have listed there now. I initially bought this used for my sister because being the watch enthusiast brother I am, I wanted her to have a good Swiss ETA automatic with some bling and this was affordable at just a few hundred US, so it fit the bill. Unfortunately her boyfriend beat me to the punch, so this is one of many in my watch corral that will be up for sale soon.

Either way, it's a decent watch for the money if you're paying the right price and a brand you may want to check out. Croton also has some nice men's watches too. I've added a couple of pics of the Croton Super President Swiss ETA automatic I bought for myself around the same time. I've added pics of it with the full bling bracelet it came with (too much bling for me) and a pic of it with the authentic horned-back alligator strap I wear it with. Anyway, just some thoughts. Good luck!

2_7.jpg

6_2.jpg

1_10.jpg

10_4.jpg

Thommo82
Auto for the wife?

Sounds like a fair swap!

Shit....

There are days I'd swap the wife for a lousy fashion quartz

BadPickle
Auto for the wife?

Sounds like a fair swap!

Shit....

Most days I'd include a mid range rep if someone will just take her away ;)

Mr_B
I got mine a M Korrs rose gold Quartz, she loves it, they don't get the auto thing like us, she won't wear it if she's gotta set the time every time she wears it. That's just how they're wired up.... freaks :lol:

I think you two may have a point, might try a cheapie to get started and see what she thinks. Maybe a quartz AP would be a good shout too

tomtom1988

You should look at tank solo reps, in particular the ones with the Swiss Ronda Quartz, they are unbelievably close to gen and just over $200 delivered. The men's is 27mm x 34 and I think the woman's is 22 or 24mm, I have the males one and my mums worn it once or twice and it actually looks oversized for a woman, it's because of the rectangular face and length larger than width, perfect smart dress watch, bulletproof Swiss Quartz movement, no second hand and just north of $200 delivered to your front door!

Don't be put off thinking it's too small either, honestly the style of watch it is and the occasions you wear it for make it perfect, it wears so much larger, if you're interested pm me tonight and il send you over a pic or two of it on a males wrist and females wrist

black263

I'm not wanting to break or circumvent any rules here,

Sadly, you're breaking just about every rule in the book. You aren't entitled to offer a second watch for sale, you can't pre-offer watches for sale outside M2M, and if it were for sale, no price, no tagged pic. Bet this doesn't last long.

Mr_B
You should look at tank solo reps, in particular the ones with the Swiss Ronda Quartz, they are unbelievably close to gen and just over $200 delivered. The men's is 27mm x 34 and I think the woman's is 22 or 24mm, I have the males one and my mums worn it once or twice and it actually looks oversized for a woman, it's because of the rectangular face and length larger than width, perfect smart dress watch, bulletproof Swiss Quartz movement, no second hand and just north of $200 delivered to your front door!

Don't be put off thinking it's too small either, honestly the style of watch it is and the occasions you wear it for make it perfect, it wears so much larger, if you're interested pm me tonight and il send you over a pic or two of it on a males wrist and females wrist

I think you're right mate.

Thommo82
Auto for the wife?

Sounds like a fair swap!

Shit....

Make it a Planet Ocean with orange bezel on SS bracelet and 28,800 bpm and you have a deal

lexidium
Auto for the wife?

Sounds like a fair swap!

Shit....

Make it a Planet Ocean with orange bezel on SS bracelet and 28,800 bpm and you have a deal

Yes but we want to see pictures of her from all angles . . . . .