Sign in to follow this  
joegut

A special watch edition for RWG

onzenuub
Anybody hear from the banjo tinkerer recently?

No thank you.

Aww cmon, you two were lovers once.

He tried to screw me, but I didn't buy it.

RUSH2112

Mine says hello

IMG_5111_zpso9pc5xqa.jpg

At least you could try to get the date right!

It's right every month on the 25th. That's when I wear it.

RUSH2112
Mine says hello

IMG_5111_zpso9pc5xqa.jpg

All that grief and this is what it ended up with, got a grilling last time I aired my opinions on it but seriously.... was it worth it?!

An infinitely better idea would have been a set of RWG stamped dials for a submariner, in the same style as the Tiffany & Co dials, and it's a watch that virtually everyone would be happy to own!!

But hey, no one asked me :P

DC

I like the blue one better but this came on m2m at a good price so I got it just for occasions such as this. If you don't like this you should see the bracelet. I have it in a box in pieces. What a hunk of junk that is.

greg_r

An infinitely better idea would have been a set of RWG stamped dials for a submariner, in the same style as the Tiffany & Co dials, and it's a watch that virtually everyone would be happy to own!!

DC

Nope. That's pretty much what the first RWG watch was (custom dial in an Omega Railmaster rep). That ended even worse than the Luth fiasco.

Luth wanted to do an RWG watch as a way to launch his own microbrand watch business, so a simple dial swap was never an option. I only allowed it because it was HIS project and no monies were to be taken in the way of pre-orders. That was the condition on which I allowed him to proceed and use our name - on the basis that when it eventually went tits-up, at least our members wouldn't end up out of pocket. What I didn't expect was the grief that went with it as the thing inevitably headed straight down the toilet. I've seen too many of these kinda deals go south and, in retrospect, I should not have allowed Luth to persuade me to let him go ahead with it.

NCRich

DC

Nope. That's pretty much what the first RWG watch was (custom dial in an Omega Railmaster rep). That ended even worse than the Luth fiasco.

Luth wanted to do an RWG watch as a way to launch his own microbrand watch business, so a simple dial swap was never an option. I only allowed it because it was HIS project and no monies were to be taken in the way of pre-orders. That was the condition on which I allowed him to proceed and use our name - on the basis that when it eventually went tits-up, at least our members wouldn't end up out of pocket. What I didn't expect was the grief that went with it as the thing inevitably headed straight down the toilet. I've seen too many of these kinda deals go south and, in retrospect, I should not have allowed Luth to persuade me to let him go ahead with it.

Wonder how much he left WatchInternational in the bag for?

Tits McGee

Onze PM'd me with an even better idea. He's like to propose an RWG watch repair service. All service work would be guaranteed by the board. Of course, only VIP's would be able to use the service. I'm sure it would be a big hit. Fuck, there's quality watch makers all over. It shouldn't be that hard to set up.

onzenuub

Onze PM'd me with an even better idea. He's like to propose an RWG watch repair service. All service work would be guaranteed by the board. Of course, only VIP's would be able to use the service. I'm sure it would be a big hit. Fuck, there's quality watch makers all over. It shouldn't be that hard to set up.

PM SSTeel about this.

RUSH2112

DC

Right after they got removed as TD I emailed them to see if they wanted to sell a couple at a discount. Wouldn't budge on the price.

NCRich

DC

Right after they got removed as TD I emailed them to see if they wanted to sell a couple at a discount. Wouldn't budge on the price.

Wonder if Mary got a divorce?

joegut

I'm not sorry for proposing ideas. I'm sorry we could not be able to make it happen in the past or today. I do understand the different views but all the expertice in the board could make really a nice watch. Not knowing about past experiences in the board does not make it imposible, the idea came from reading at another board where the watch seemed to be a sucess. Regards

Edited by joegut

RUSH2112
I'm not sorry for proposing ideas. I'm sorry we could not be able to make it happen in the past or today. I do understand the different views but all the expertice in the board could make really a nice watch. Not knowing about past experiences in the board does not make it imposible, the idea came from reading at another board where the watch seemed to be a sucess. Regards

You can do your own thing and customize one for yourself. Somewhere here is a thread with a member that had custom Harley dials made for a special road trip. Turned out nice.

joegut

You can do your own thing and customize one for yourself. Somewhere here is a thread with a member that had custom Harley dials made for a special road trip. Turned out nice.

Sure it can be done, and trends do customs watches everday more appeling for collection

Valijon40

How much does it cost to get a line started? I've seen many people trying to crowdfund watch projects online. I know I contacted swisseta by phone many years ago. Looking to acquire genuine movements.couldn't get it to happen because they wanted to inspect a watch shop I didn't have.

joegut

We have already very popular reps with really good quality, just to name one, the rolex FUCK THEM edition. Just need to change that print with some lumen RWG logo, improved water profness and we have a forum rep. This can also be a membership must buy rep, to keep the forum running. Buy could be a bronze panerai or a pretty must have rep for any collection. But I do understand you already try it. Cheers

Edited by joegut

Thelittleprince
We have already very popular reps with really good quality, just to name one, the rolex FUCK THEM edition. Just need to change that print with some lumen RWG logo, improved water profness and we have a forum rep. This can also be a membership must buy rep, to keep the forum running. Buy could be a bronze panerai or a pretty must have rep for any collection. But I do understand you already try it. Cheers

Its best to drop it, just my advice :)

There is no must have rep, i am not a fan of panerai and many aren't either. Do i respect the brand? Yes Do i like it no!

Oh and btw forcing people to buy a watch they most likely wont like is beyond stupid

Member must buy rep? You gotta be freaking kidding me! Im broke atm, oh crap now i have to leave rwg because i cant afford the member must buy rep that i absoulty hate, but apparently forced to buy if i wanna be here!

RUSH2112

There is no must have rep, i am not a fan of panerai and many aren't either. Do i respect the brand? Yes Do i like it no!

Oh and btw forcing people to buy a watch they most likely wont like is beyond stupid

Member must buy rep? You gotta be freaking kidding me! Im broke atm, oh crap now i have to leave rwg because i cant afford the member must buy rep that i absoulty hate, but apparently forced to buy if i wanna be here!

Imagine forcing this lot to buy 88,000 matching watches... It would be better than a secret handshake.

Thelittleprince

Imagine forcing this lot to buy 88,000 matching watches... It would be better than a secret handshake.

This guy has us confused for a fraternity rather than a forum! My god that has got to be the dumbest idea i have heard in a long time. I usually joke around but that idea was very aggravating tbh

Mr Stubbs

It would reduce the membership from 88,000 to about 10. Not so much a secret handshake, more like the kiss of death for RWG.

graman
It's been done. Three times.

The first time led to the end of the original incarnation of this board (under different management).

The second time worked well enough - but it was just ONE watch and it was won by a filthy monkey on our first birthday. So that sucked.

The third led to the near-bankruptcy of a bad-tempered banjo mechanic and a vast amount of grief for all concerned - despite the fact that it wasn't even a forum-sponsored project and happened despite my considerable reservations over the whole idea.

Just to be clear:

THERE IS PRECISELY ZERO FUCKING CHANCE OF ME AGREEING TO LET ANYBODY PUT US THROUGH THAT SHIT AGAIN.

Greg will beat you with a wet fish when he sees this :lol:

/me wanders off to find a suitably large haddock...

:rofl:

gavmeister

Member must buy watch to keep the forum running?

We already have a simple way to keep the forum running and I can see you haven't even subscribed to this method yourself?

Tits McGee

I'm so god awful sorry I posted the above. My attempt at humor was poor at best. I feel like Kathy Griffin.

bQMtojU.jpg

Thelittleprince

Member must buy watch to keep the forum running?

We already have a simple way to keep the forum running and I can see you haven't even subscribed to this method yourself?

Correct!!! If it ain't broke....

Don't break it :lmao:

Jibuti

Banjo mechanic....... Brilliant

it just reminded me to put "Deliverance" back in my VHS player today...

GenTLe

Seriously, I think the three compass RWG watch looks like one of those cheap Chinese wannabe pieces. I'd also never wear, in general, a custom watch with RWG on the dial.

What I'd possibly use is a normal good quality rep with an RWG inscription on the case back. That would work for me.

But seriously custom watches or even worse "newly designed" one are a no-no.