Sign in to follow this  
pj1312

Baldrick's Watches.Sale of them.

pj1312

Guys,I have decided to get rid of (strong words i think!!) of Baldricks watch collection after much deliberation of what to do with them.After some discussion with Greg and Narikaa (Reg), im going to donate the proceeds to Cancer research UK.Therefore i need your help in listing these watches as i dont have a clue how much they are worth,or even what types they are.If anyone would be so willing as to help me for this cause id be very grateful. I will begin posting them,but if they are overpriced,id appreciate others telling me.

As Neil was family,I hope this is the right thing to do,as I dont know how to part with them,and I have too many here now,in two watch cases,which i will also give away.

Many thanks for reading this, all help appreciated.

Many Thanks

Paul

Robin195959
Guys,I have decided to get rid of (strong words i think!!) of Baldricks watch collection after much deliberation of what to do with them.After some discussion with Greg and Narikaa (Reg), im going to donate the proceeds to Cancer research UK.Therefore i need your help in listing these watches as i dont have a clue how much they are worth,or even what types they are.If anyone would be so willing as to help me for this cause id be very grateful. I will begin posting them,but if they are overpriced,id appreciate others telling me.

As Neil was family,I hope this is the right thing to do,as I dont know how to part with them,and I have too many here now,in two watch cases,which i will also give away.

Many thanks for reading this, all help appreciated.

Many Thanks

Paul

Great idea Paul. I'm sure Balders would approve.

jdog

Thats an amazing gesture and something Im sure Neil would appreciate looking down. Maybe get a list of everything together first and get feedback on pricing there. May be easier to sort that than the latter. Just a suggestion.

Edited by jdog

Moondustesp

Great idea I am sure they will all fly

BM284
Thats an amazing gesture and something Im sure Neil would appreciate looking down. Maybe get a list of everything together fist and get feedback on pricing there. May be easier to sort that than the latter. Just a suggestion.

^ sounds like a good way forward :thumbsup2:

PipN

Must have been a difficult decision, but I guess the right one. I'm sure they'll all go and be loved.

Kleen™
Thats an amazing gesture and something Im sure Neil would appreciate looking down. Maybe get a list of everything together fist and get feedback on pricing there. May be easier to sort that than the latter. Just a suggestion.

^ sounds like a good way forward :thumbsup2:

+2

Nikosaldente

That's a very nice gesture!

I would keep one, probably his favorite....

I'm sure Neil would approve!

We all surely miss him!

pj1312

Thanks for your support guys,im sure Neil would be moved as I have been by all your help.Ill start posting on here tomorrow,with pictures to follow asap.

onzenuub

Nice, the old fart would have hated it seeing noobs running around with his watches. :D

Kleen™

Paul: You could also consider an auction on each of the pieces, to optimise the value if the BlueBoys will allow it...but since it is for cancer research and not personal gain, I think they'd might let it pass...?

elp

Great gesture. I suggest you work out the logistics with staff to avoid confusion. I'll be in line for a memento of Neil and a contribution to charity to boot.

edwinowl

It is a great gesture. Thinking on I wonder if there are any pre threads in which he bought giving an indication of parts, movements etc which you and your chosen assistant can use.

Genius

I'll have one, as a piece of forum history

Piccolo

I'd have one.

Don't think there can be any price arguments with all money going to charity. Price them high - I'm sure a fair few people will pay for them having been Balders and being charitable.

Genius
I'd have one.

Don't think there can be any price arguments with all money going to charity. Price them high - I'm sure a fair few people will pay for them having been Balders and being charitable.

Yeah this I'd say (obviously pending gregs approval) but IMO a charity sale in rememberence of baldrik could be a reason to skirt the rules slightly

Davesjourney

Any idea as to what kind of time pieces he had? Just curious to know if it's going to be a hot topic that I need to keep an eye on with some great items up for auction to hopefully raise some pennies for a great cause (I pay in monthly ever since it took my Dad 30 years ago). Think I sadly arrived at this party too late to interact with Neil/Baldrick, but from what I've read, sounded a proper stand up kind of chap.

Pseudonym

I'm sorry folks. I had no idea Neil had passed. My sincere, and belated condolences. Neil & I would speak often before my withdrawal from the forums. He was a good man underneath his forum persona. He'll be missed. Once again my most sincere condolences to his family & friends.

Back on topic- that's a wonderful gesture. Neil had some amazing watches.

gmchris

Great idea.

Maybe to prevent any noobs who may not know the history or may lowball because they don't know any better, you could ask the mods to price them by pm before they go on sale? It would be a shame to do this great gesture and have minor aggro from bargain hunters.

Just a thought.

splke

Get idea and top way to raise money for charity

RussP

Count me in.

Heaven knows I always have room for a box queen or two.

RUSH2112

Nice idea.

Theduke.williams

Great idea. Sure Balders would approve.

Like the idea of auctioning each peice off, but I could understand the reluctance of the board to allow this, may lead to setting a precedence.

Will be curious to see what watches are being sold.

GC

I would love to be part...

nyckid

Damn!