cogwatch

What Was I Thinking!!

cogwatch

Well, some of you who have been around a while know that I haven't been around for a while.

Six weeks ago, we had our first baby. With the pregnancy and now the last six weeks, I've been a bit busy and just not able to spend too much time on watches :(

At 56, I just had my first child. I'll be 74 when he graduates from high school. What was I thinking!! :) They say it's a lot of work, but it's worth it. So far, it mostly just seems like a lot of work :rofl:

But really, those extremely cute moments when he smiles really big are pretty cool......

And at least I now have an heir for all of my many, many watches!!! Sorry Ish, you've been superseded as my watch heir :P

Here are some pics of little Cog. Notice a particular watch in one of the pictures from 2 days old. Given the watch I chose to wear at the hospital before and after he was born, I guess I kind of know which is my favorite watch now.......

2 days old, photo studio at the hospital

image006_zpsly4bpkfk.jpg

image009_zpssxontpt1.jpg

2 days old. My wife hates this picture because she looks like she just had a baby, which in fact she did!!

IMG_4800_zps82m7qqc1.jpg

4 weeks old. Our first adventure out. My wife is Chinese and it's a tradition for her to stay in and rest for a full month after delivering. So it was fun to finally get out!!

IMG_1191_zpswperuogu.jpg

4 weeks old. The wife looking much better after 4 weeks :)

IMG_1197_zps2e2dpyio.jpg

Demis21

Congrats. You all look great! God bless!

TheTinMan

Congratulations! Beautiful baby and beautiful wife. Oh, and you don't look a day over 55!

God bless you and your family.

nyckid

Wow! What a beautiful family! Congrats, Cog! You will make a heck of a dad!

Thelittleprince

God bless you and your wonderful family!

dave47

Well, some of you who have been around a while know that I haven't been around for a while.

Six weeks ago, we had our first baby. With the pregnancy and now the last six weeks, I've been a bit busy and just not able to spend too much time on watches :(

At 56, I just had my first child. I'll be 74 when he graduates from high school. What was I thinking!! :) They say it's a lot of work, but it's worth it. So far, it mostly just seems like a lot of work :rofl:

But really, those extremely cute moments when he smiles really big are pretty cool......

And at least I now have an heir for all of my many, many watches!!! Sorry Ish, you've been superseded as my watch heir :P

Here are some pics of little Cog. Notice a particular watch in one of the pictures from 2 days old. Given the watch I chose to wear at the hospital before and after he was born, I guess I kind of know which is my favorite watch now.......

image006_zpsly4bpkfk.jpg

image009_zpssxontpt1.jpg

2 days old. My wife hates this picture because she looks like she just had a baby, which in fact she did!!

IMG_4800_zps82m7qqc1.jpg

4 weeks old. Our first adventure out. My wife is Chinese and it's a tradition for her to stay in and rest for a full month after delivering. So it was fun to finally get out!!

IMG_1191_zpswperuogu.jpg

4 weeks old. The wife looking much better after 4 weeks :)

IMG_1197_zps2e2dpyio.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS to both you and your wife on your new son. AND, CONGRATS to YOU for being very brave -- and loving.

dave

fatarms

Congratulations, my friend. Glad to see everything went well for your wife and baby. Beautiful family!

myaz

Many congrats. Good looking baby. On the plus side, as opposed to having a kid within 9 months of getting married at 17, your son will benefit from the wisdom you've acquired over the years, them kids sure don't come with instruction manuals. :thumbsup:

Thommo82

Wait till he calls you Dad

It's the best word in the world

Congratulations

RUSH2112

Congrats. I hope you have more energy than me. I had my last at 40 and its some work to keep up. Beautiful family. Enjoy.

wolfwood

Man, you are a whole lot braver than I am. We are about the same age and I just don't think I'll have the energy to do take care of a baby. Congrats buddy. :lol:

TheSav

Big hearty congrats! Wishing health and wealth to you all

You're little one has a very nice collection of watches to look forward to.

GC

Namaste sir

GenTLe

Congrats mate!!!

And good choice with your wife, she can help you in dealing with our TDs :D

BM284

That's amazing news - congratulations to you both - as your probably aware they don't stay small for long so enjoy each and every day! :thumbsup:

Moondustesp

Congratulations :)

simey83

Congratulations Buddy! Everyone looks great! . Learn to "power nap" if you can :D

splke

Brilliant mate you look very proud. Enjoy every precious second

edwinowl

Congrats man I had my first at 39 and then my last at 46.

Greatest feeling in the world.

No money for watches now though my friend :lol:

Waspy

Great post and well done.

I have sent you a PM.

Del

Congratulations! Very nice to hear mate, and wonderful photos of you all. :clap:

Wishing you all health and happiness in your new adventure together! :thumbsup2:

RussP

Well done.

Nice wife.

Nice baby.

Just remember................happy wife = happy life.

Plikk

Congrats! I wish you and your family all the best!

Nhrob

Nice looking family you proud Papa! Blessings!

Piccolo

Congrats buddy! Now you can start planning for the 100 day celebration...