Sign in to follow this  
Nikosaldente

New Week Wrist Check - w/c 12th June

dave47

Hi, Gang! Happy Saturday to all! Hope the day went well for you! For today, this special arrival from DH Gate: a Rolex Paul Newman Daytona Cosmograph (#6263, I believe). I've wanted one of these for the longest time but missed out either by not being able to buy one M2M or because they've simply been out of my budget range. This one, appearance-wise, is decent enough, but not without the usual problems. First of all, it's quartz powered but has a VK quartz movement so the chronograph seconds hand (center one) sweeps smoothly, while the watch's main seconds hand ticks, although somewhat unnoticeably. However, more importantly, the LOCATION of the watch's main seconds hand is misplaced to the 6 position instead of the 9 position; on the other hand, the "99.99% rule" helps; very few mainstream people would not be aware of this (uh, NOT that I would try to pass a rep off as gen.) I'm not too certain of the correct size (which I haven't checked yet): 40mm wide (w/crown) x 14mm thick and weighing 66 grams. The bracelet is somewhat flimsy but came with bracelet screws that were easy to remove. Total cost from the Gate is $62 + change. Now that I have a similar looking Cosmograph on my wrist, I find myself wondering if I really would want a higher scale rep. dave:

ROLEX.PAUL.NEWMAN.DAYTONA.fm.dhgate%20001_zps6uozrp7h.jpg

ROLEX.PAUL.NEWMAN.DAYTONA.fm.dhgate%20004_zpssmcjbywr.jpg

ROLEX.PAUL.NEWMAN.DAYTONA.fm.dhgate%20005_zpsdsnncqr9.jpg

ROLEX.PAUL.NEWMAN.DAYTONA.fm.dhgate%20006_zpsze7dpvlp.jpg

Be interested to know which DHGate seller this one was from?

HI, dave! From what I can deduce, after reviewing all aspects of the sale and the original sales post, the seller's name is WRISTWATCHES & has an excellent customer rating. Hope this helps.

dave

KarmaToBurn

Sharkey Tuna on this fine Sunday

Sharkey%20Tuna-1-2.jpg

splke
IMG_20170618_201213.jpg

processengr

35002018800_6fc0e65ba2_b.jpg

V7 ND...

splke
IMG_20170618_201213.jpg