Sign in to follow this  
Lagger

Good deal on a sea dweller at trusty

tonyh7

3135 movement. Perhaps these aren't flying off the shelf.

Lagger

Yeah I'm not a fan, but they are usually a more accurate case shape apparently

ShovelnTC

Great price but yes I wish it was a 2836.

bowtiefanatc

Has anyone done a hands on with the BP one? Everywhere I look it's the NOOB (which I'm taking as a hint), but no real reviews on the BP version. The immediate thing that stands out to me is the bezel. Those numbers look like they gained the freshman 50

Edited by bowtiefanatc

Thrasher

sorry

Haltec

There ya go, 234 pages of info on the Seadweller, a great way to spend Saturday morning:

https://forum.replic...-period.141721/

Well that thread is about 16600

and not so "Trusty" selling Sea Dweller 4000 ref 116660

Two rather different beasts.

(altough didn't go trough ALL 234 pages of RWI thread - but it looks they discussing pre 2008 version only)

I wonder does anyone own Sea Dweller 4000 116660 3135 (China clone) REP ?

C'mon.. Owners - chime in with reviews...

k3rm87

Don't know if anyone does? From what I've read it's unstable until cleaned. Probs the reason why they're clearing stock.

Haltec
Don't know if anyone does? From what I've read it's unstable until cleaned. Probs the reason why they're clearing stock.

Yes, I read that too somewhere.. DFQ23 or someone..

But no review of whole watch whatsoever.. atleast couldn't find one..

edit\ Typos

Edited by Haltec

GenTLe

Has anyone done a hands on with the BP one? Everywhere I look it's the NOOB (which I'm taking as a hint), but no real reviews on the BP version. The immediate thing that stands out to me is the bezel. Those numbers look like they gained the freshman 50

I have a BP prohunter GMT 2 (this version: http://www.ttw-138.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=11573 ) nothing to say, except that I got sent a "swiss" movement instead of an Asian, and it was crap. Fitted with Asian and it's very good.

The BP ones are a very valid alternative to the more expensive NF ones, and with the miyota inside they are also probably more reliable. And no tall crystal...

rawbaws

I ordered one. Will be here on Monday. I'll post pics. Have not bought a rep in ages and here I go buying a 3135 clone....wish me luck. The bezel numbers look a bit too large and too white but I wasn't prepared to pony up the 400 for a noob. I think I'll be happy with it so long as it keeps ticking!

Mr_B
I ordered one. Will be here on Monday. I'll post pics. Have not bought a rep in ages and here I go buying a 3135 clone....wish me luck. The bezel numbers look a bit too large and too white but I wasn't prepared to pony up the 400 for a noob. I think I'll be happy with it so long as it keeps ticking!

Love to see you post a few pics when it gets here, personally I'm waiting for the NEW sea dweller to be repped, even if it does have a cyclops :D

rawbaws

Love to see you post a few pics when it gets here, personally I'm waiting for the NEW sea dweller to be repped, even if it does have a cyclops :D

Can't say I'm a fan but my tastes always change. The 116600 is the watch I tell myself I'd sell everything for and only own one watch for to fund it yet I've never even owned a rep of it!

Edited by rawbaws

rawbaws

This one's been tiding me over at 1/14th of the price (about $1000 AUD)

20170623_174732_zps7enmvsds.jpg

rawbaws

Well, its ticking and winds smoothly. Wish me luck! Very happy for the price

20170626_075539_zps6yv5rmph.jpg

20170626_075549_zpsioiggvav.jpg

20170626_075603_zpshgjnntxv.jpg

k3rm87

Looks great for the price Rory, I've also been looking to pull the trigger on this one.

Does the datewheel line-up ok?

rawbaws

Yeah, that's just a bad angle. All looks good to me and rehaut perfectly aligned.

k3rm87

Awesome for the money, even prefer this over the Sub so might have to go for it now!