Sign in to follow this  
berytus

TC Sub V6 movement

berytus

Hi All,

I have a V6 TC sub that i installed a Gen. bezel on when i bought. However, the movement was finicky with crown often slipping (later understood that earlier version has movement issues). TC does great work with waterproofing, i took this watch on a Hawaii trip couple years ago after i had bought it, did Snuba in Ocean and was wonderful....but somehow, movement was not the best....and crown kept slipping, i think the movement issues came to light with many other members later on.

I sent it to kloner mid last year, we changed to Crown (which i had bought from TC) but Gary said movement ultimately needed replacement. Few weeks after i received in from Gary (Last June) it stopped working working. And has been in the box since, given that i have few others....

Mind you, this watch has not gotten much use....

Now the question is:

Where to source a movement and who do you recommend working on it. Is it worth the hassle (It has a Rolex Gen Bezel), or better to sell "as is" needing a new movement.

Thanks Gents

Edited by berytus

Thrasher

Sell it lots of people would love to have it

berytus

Sell it lots of people would love to have it

If you did not buy one recently, would have traded you on the AP you just bought last month :)

BadPickle
Hi All,

I have a V6 TC sub that i installed a Gen. bezel on when i bought. However, the movement was finicky with crown often slipping (later understood that earlier version has movement issues). TC does great work with waterproofing, i took this watch on a Hawaii trip couple years ago after i had bought it, did Snuba in Ocean and was wonderful....but somehow, movement was not the best....and crown kept slipping, i think the movement issues came to light with many other members later on.

I sent it to kloner mid last year, we changed to Crown (which i had bought from TC) but Gary said movement ultimately needed replacement. Few weeks after i received in from Gary (Last June) it stopped working working. And has been in the box since, given that i have few others....

Now the question is:

Where to source a movement and who do you recommend working on it. Is it worth the hassle (It has a Rolex Gen Bezel), or better to sell "as is" needing a new movement.

Thanks Gents

Just sell it to me, you will know it's goin to a good home :)

All this can be yours--

34F3ADF9-E53D-43A5-B0A9-5BFEE338B29C_zps1upwznkk.jpg

Genius
Hi All,

Now the question is:

Thanks Gents

All this can be yours--

:rofl:

Fallen out with the JF already pickle?

berytus
Hi All,

Now the question is:

Thanks Gents

All this can be yours--

Would have been enticed with Zimbabwean Dollar :)

TRANSPORTER

Nope ill have that, I think I deserve it as I can t seem to find anyone willing to part with their super ocean abyss, time to start scanning m2m!