Sign in to follow this  
jarrodholley

Pam 029 Issues

jarrodholley

I have tried searching to no avail and have even reached out to the trusted repair members on this issue.

With that being said, I purchased a Pam 029 second hand from this forum so I am not sure of the movement or factory.

The watch ran great the first few weeks and has since had an issue with the movement running.

The Lume and power reserve are great but when the watch is hand wound, It will run approximately 5-6 minutes before the second hand sticks on :51.

When this happens, It will restart if I flick my wrist and will run flawlessly until it his :51 again.

Amy suggestions on what may be causing this or suggestions on who I can send it to for repair?

strozzi

I don't know squat about watch repair, but it sounds like a simple physical obstruction to the path of the watch hand at the :51 point, and/or distortion in the hand itself?

Diver Dave

Yeah, you likely have either a piece of debris in the movement or a broken tooth on a gear. It'll need to be opened up and looked at. If you're brave, you "might" open it up and GENTLY and I mean GENTLY puff the movement with an air-puffer and see if that clears it. The fact that it ran well before is a good sign. Shoot a pic of the movement when it's open and show us, and we can ID it. In the worst case a new movement can be fitted, and no matter what the movement is, they are cheap. Swapping one out is kids stuff for anyone with a few tools. I don't see where you are located, but I could probably sort it out if nobody else steps up to the plate. Or go look in the trusted dealers section, below the sales area, where some trusted repair places are noted.

jarrodholley

After speaking with Edwinowl in depth, I believe it to be an Asian 2836.

I am located CONUS and I have reached out to a few trusted dealers, both said they didn't work on Pams

edwinowl

As DD says it could be a multitude of things , don't think op is competent in a movement swap

Prob have to go to one of our trusted repair guys

jarrodholley

I would love suggestions on where to send it, I don't mind that at all. Like I said, I reached out to the TD listed for repairs stateside with no luck.