Sign in to follow this  
Thelittleprince

Buying a gold 1601 datejust at 22?

Thommo82

I'd never go to that AD again...............if the salesperson can't tell a Seiko from a Sub.............he doesn't deserve to be working in a watch store.

I stayed and tried on a number of watches, they had a nice B&R Pilots watch WW1 style. Talked Shit with the guy, and realised he knew nothing. Now I'm no expert, and everything I know I've learnt from RWG, but he didn't even know that watches used 316 SS, I informed him that Rolex were the only company to use 904. He asked why a company like Patek wouldn't use 904, I told him to do his own research....

Thelittleprince

I'd never go to that AD again...............if the salesperson can't tell a Seiko from a Sub.............he doesn't deserve to be working in a watch store.

I stayed and tried on a number of watches, they had a nice B&R Pilots watch WW1 style. Talked Shit with the guy, and realised he knew nothing. Now I'm no expert, and everything I know I've learnt from RWG, but he didn't even know that watches used 316 SS, I informed him that Rolex were the only company to use 904. He asked why a company like Patek wouldn't use 904, I told him to do his own research....

Maybe its because of lack of real life friends into watches like me! But i do the same, i go crazy talking about watches when i go to my AD, but luckily for me, my AD sales guy is one of thr biggest collectors i know! He was rocking a Jaeger-LeCoultre Duometre Unique Travel Time in Rose Gold

So yea, he knows watches lol

Thommo82

Maybe its because of lack of real life friends into watches like me! But i do the same, i go crazy talking about watches when i go to my AD, but luckily for me, my AD sales guy is one of thr biggest collectors i know! He was rocking a Jaeger-LeCoultre Duometre Unique Travel Time in Rose Gold

So yea, he knows watches lol

I know no one in real life who gives a shit about watches

It pains me

RussP

You're hanging out with the wrong crowd.

But then again, sometimes it's good to be different.

edwinowl

My advice is I think we're all looking for that grail that we never find.

However I think this is a step along the way.

I personally think the DJ 's are a step away from being the next invest watch and are already a solid investment.

I like that watch and would buy in a heartbeat but hey, your life your call

Robin195959

Go for it as it sound s like your dream watch. Great choice by the way, and if you look after it it won't go down in value so no reason not to..