Sign in to follow this  
RepGuy

Bronze Diver?

RepGuy

Hey all, I am looking into getting a bronze or brass (although I prefer bronze) gen automatic diver. Here's the problem... I am hoping to keep it under $300, although I am open to suggestions above this price point given something warrants the price hike. I have seen the Helson Shark Diver, although only the brass version is within this budget. I also found this Tuna Diver on the Bay, but something about it seems iffy (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tuna-Diver-Automatic-wristwatch-Marine-Master-Man-Turtle-Master-Bronze-Brass-500-/182422461171?var=&rmvSB=true).

Am I missing any good brands? The movement doesn't have to be anything like an ETA, but a good workhorse movement would be preferred, as well as some decent water resistance. I see so many great bronze pieces here that someone has to have an idea based on these factors :lol:

McJules

Check out Maranez and Armida

They both produce brass divers at around that price tag.

They are very well made too!

RepGuy

Check out Maranez and Armida

They both produce brass divers at around that price tag.

They are very well made too!

Thanks for the info! Maranez looks pretty nice, but they don't seem to have any watches with a date option.

TheSav

Steinhart ocean one bronze. Little above your price point used but a great watch.

RepGuy
Steinhart ocean one bronze. Little above your price point used but a great watch.

I did see those, and they look great, but I'm looking for a full bronze bezel as well. The coloured bezels on them just look out of place.

GenTLe

A Rep BlackBay serviced and tested to 10bar?

dfq23

Makara Turtle

Cubic Hare

Gruppo Gamma A31 Ascent Brass.. see last posts for fully polished and ready to patina again.

Right on budget ;)

Jibuti

maranez is nice option-had it and sadly had to sell it-patina forms pretty fast.... But it is brass and not bronze....

RepGuy
A Rep BlackBay serviced and tested to 10bar?

In this instance, I'm looking for a gen with some form of warranty/coverage to the water resistance... I plan on getting whatever I buy wet frequently.

RepGuy

Thanks for all of the replies, it seems like a lot of members are suggesting the brand maranez. I will look further into it today!

RepGuy
There's one for sale on M2M!

Here:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=131782

Cheers!

I did see that, but right now I'm looking into options with a date complication. You would be surprised how often I need to check my watch for the date alone :lol:

Nikosaldente
There's one for sale on M2M!

Here:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=131782

Cheers!

I did see that, but right now I'm looking into options with a date complication. You would be surprised how often I need to check my watch for the date alone :lol:

Me too!

Most of my watches, if not all....with the exception of a couple of Pams have date complications!

When I'm wearing them, I check my smartphone for the date quite a few times during the day!

RepGuy

Thank you to everyone for the help and suggestions. After some more research, I purchased a Helson Brass Shark Diver, so hopefully that satisfies the bronze/brass urge I've gotten lately. I will be sure to do a quick review once it arrives!