plankton

New Rolex DSSD 116660 D Blue

plankton

So I eventually had to do this, picked myself up a NEW D Blue from my Rolex AD, I really love it I must say.

A couple of notes:

• The V7 rep is very good, color of the dial is close, bit darker than the gen.
  • The SA3135 movement is improved, no or little rotor noise and the last 3 I did when adjusted well they kept pretty good time. Clearly no comparison to the Rolex 3135, its amazingly accurate.
  • V7 rep crystal is actually very nice, the AR is done well and it looks good.
  • The most striking tell is as always the ceramic bezel, the gen has such deep, crisp cuts and the color is off of the V7, which we all know.

Any how onto a few pics!

Fantastic stock pic

EHDEUUK.jpg

MnLXZvW.jpg?1

iOEtx58.jpg

5HkaqS1.jpg

The gem!

1MFFAnv.jpg

Edited by plankton

Nikosaldente

Awesome!

Enjoy wearing it in the best of health!

Cheers!

plankton

I just finished one V7 for nunu, did everything I can do including a T2 ETA 2836 and I will say it is so close, even pretty waterproof.

Also as far as the new SA3135 it has improved much. nunu got the ETA because it is so accurate but the SA3135 seems to be much more stable now.

I did sell my gen 2 tone Sub to get this one, the gold is just too fragile and dings very easy. I love the wear of the SS and the durability.

plankton

Makes for a happy morning.

simey83

My word! Unreal pickup :D

plankton

My word! Unreal pickup :D

Thank you, I'm pleased as hell!

NFleischer

Wow, beautiful piece- congrats.

hwlexus

Only wish one day I will own one of this gem.

Duzza

No issue with bezel engravings and colour after a trip to spongebob :)

A5B0E1B3-8C33-4A00-8C45-188EB39CE2A6_zpsqyc0na9u.jpg

WatchDog21

Congrats on a fantastic new beauty!

TheSav

Congrats. Having handled my mates one, i know that the pics do6nt really so it justice.

On a side note I’m still a bit upset at myself for missing out on your last DSSD offering.

plankton

Congrats. Having handled my mates one, i know that the pics do6nt really so it justice.

On a side note I’m still a bit upset at myself for missing out on your last DSSD offering.

It was a nice DSSD. I'm gonna do another one soon.

Mr_B

You have balls shelling out on a gen DSSD, always thought they were a bit top heavy IMO. I do love the look of them mind

Cpotts24

I am waiting for this Sea Dweller Blue SS/SS Noob V7 Ult SA3135 watch to arrive. Is this the same watch you have posted? I can't wait to get this watch. The advice I've gotten so far is to have it serviced and soak the band in baby oil. Anyone have any other advice for a noob?

Mr_B
I am waiting for this Sea Dweller Blue SS/SS Noob V7 Ult SA3135 watch to arrive. Is this the same watch you have posted? I can't wait to get this watch. The advice I've gotten so far is to have it serviced and soak the band in baby oil. Anyone have any other advice for a noob?

The one posted is a real one buddy...

plankton

The one posted is a real one buddy...

Thanks Mr B, yes the one posted is the real one.

plankton

You have balls shelling out on a gen DSSD, always thought they were a bit top heavy IMO. I do love the look of them mind

As you aware I've always had the thing for the DSSD. I got lucky on this one, paid below MSRP and it's now a special order watch I read on Rolex and my AD told me so. The point being is instead of the 20 percent beating I have taken on my gens when they sell is when I get out of this one I should break even with some luck. I think the only other gen I will consider is the new 2017 SD 43mm, it's a little thicker than a Sub but would still wear nice.

simonbolivar

As you aware I've always had the thing for the DSSD. I got lucky on this one, paid below MSRP and it's now a special order watch I read on Rolex and my AD told me so. The point being is instead of the 20 percent beating I have taken on my gens when they sell is when I get out of this one I should break even with some luck. I think the only other gen I will consider is the new 2017 SD 43mm, it's a little thicker than a Sub but would still wear nice.

Congrats on the new DSSD. Gorgeous and one of my favorites as well.

Were you able to negotiate a discount with the AD? I just picked up a brand new gen from a trusted seller on TRF at a really good discount. Fully stickered, warranty in my name etc. I'm not sure I'd ever buy from an AD again.

Mr_B

I'm with you on that, the new SD has the proportions bang on.

plankton

Yes it does and I appreciate your agreement, some purists hate it because it's a big Sub. They are totally wrong as it at 43mm with he valve is really a wise move by Rolex. I'm gonna site back for a while and see if they flood the market before I make the purchase. Probably get V1 and V2 of the rep first.

Yes it does and I appreciate your agreement, some purists hate it because it's a big Sub. They are totally wrong as it at 43mm with he valve is really a wise move by Rolex. I'm gonna site back for a while and see if they flood the market before I make the purchase. Probably get V1 and V2 of the rep first.

By the way I love the signature on your posts!!!

Mr_B

Thank you very much!

I was going to buy the V1 rep of the '17 43mm but it just doesn't look right. Hopefully V2 or the Noob version will be better

plankton

Thank you very much!

I was going to buy the V1 rep of the '17 43mm but it just doesn't look right. Hopefully V2 or the Noob version will be better

The BP isn't really close, my AD had one so I played with it while there. The 17 43 has a pearl like to old Subs, it doesn't protrude much at all (which is an improvement) and the dial is charcoal / black and changes shades a bit as you move it though light. I'm waiting on Noob to see how close they get, will pick one up most likely to screw around with the case, movement etc then M2M as I do.

plankton

Side by side with the last V7 I did last month.

1tNGd9W.jpg?1

plankton

Those are gen and V7 side by side.

Paparolf

Wear my gen Deepsea most days, big beast but I love it. Enjoy your new purchase mate, looks fantastic.