Sign in to follow this  
barrybrice

TAG Heuer S/el

barrybrice

Excuse me if I sound ignorant but I am new to the watch world. I have a genuine TAG Heuer S/el with a broken link bracelet. How do I remove the pins and what pins do I need to purchase for replacement? It was purchased around 2001.

fatarms

According to this, looks like your best bet is to go to the AD to have it adjusted. Evidently it's pretty complicated.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f25/how-adjust-remove-links-s-el-bracelet-34872.html

fatarms
:stars:

lexidium

Each link is in two halves. You can see the split in the middle.

Once you remove the small link next to the clasp, you can prise the next one apart - and so on for as many links as you need to remove.

You can buy more on Ebay if necessary.

If you're saying that the clasp is broken away (very common) then you will have to get another one. I've tried gluing with metal glue, silver soldering and everything - it's a waste of time

barrybrice

Thanks for all the reply's. Iexidum, the clasp is fine, no issues. The some of the pins are old and so warn that the two part link is falling apart. I need some new pins but do not know what to purchase.

Mr Stubbs

I'd wager that no one here can provide a part number for bracelet pins for that specific year and model.

But if you're intent on repairing it yourself, you could disassemble a link and then check here on Ofrei: http://www.ofrei.com/page476.html

It's an iconic bracelet, but unique to Tag. You might even have to go to a Tag dealer for replacement parts.

Crossing my fingers for you.