Sign in to follow this  
MAJ75

Joining The Patek Club (Photoshoot)

MAJ75

Hi All,

I have been on something of a buying spree lately. A combination of the right pieces cropping up, bonus time & easing back on my medication!

I had planned to join the PP club a while ago & I have been admiring these pieces from afar. My collection was short of a yellow gold cased dress watch so I decided to settle on this.

It's one of those pieces that is completely out of reach gen wise in my lifetime but I love the design to bits.

DC will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is a replication of the 530 though the case back & TDs list it as the 130.

The archive photos of gens often have it paired with brown/tan straps & again because of my collection having an IWC 3714 with a dark strap (blue gator) I decided to order something & have it ready for when my piece arrived from the Far East.

I bought through Mary who also hooked the IWC up & the whole process went perfectly. I must say at this stage I'm fairly relaxed about the whole process: Payment, waiting, QC, Transit & Delivery I don't sweat the details.

I absolutely love this piece it is really nicely finished with a great hand wound movement that all being well will prove reliable.

Please see below my pictures, I'm delighted to have added this to my daily rotation (pictured with supplied black strap & changed onto the new one).

PP1.jpg

PP2.jpg

PP3.jpg

PP4.jpg

PP5.jpg

PP6.jpg

PP8.jpg

PP11.jpg

PP12.jpg

PP13.jpg

PP14.jpg

RussP

Lovely watch, but with your photographic skills, you could make a turd look wearable.

Any strap would make this piece shine.

Personally, I prefer the black one.

Thanks for sharing.

_DC_

Looks superb buddy!

Yes definitely closer to a 530 than a 130, the 130 is a much smaller watch (33.5mm) and thinner bezel etc.

Personally on these yellow gold vintage Patek Chronographs I really like a dark brown calf strap instead of alligator, it also dresses down the gold a little...

E.g.

BD783BD2-49F7-452E-969B-B9F878179C66_zpsi4mwwk4l.png

DC

MAJ75

Lovely watch, but with your photographic skills, you could make a turd look wearable.

Any strap would make this piece shine.

Personally, I prefer the black one.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words Russ, I think the black strap looks sharp, I'll probably get a much better quality one later on.

Looks superb buddy!

Yes definitely closer to a 530 than a 130, the 130 is a much smaller watch (33.5mm) and thinner bezel etc.

Personally on these yellow gold vintage Patek Chronographs I really like a dark brown calf strap instead of alligator, it also dresses down the gold a little...

E.g.

BD783BD2-49F7-452E-969B-B9F878179C66_zpsi4mwwk4l.png

DC

DC as the curator of the PP Club I'm happy that it passes muster. So many strap choices, but not that easy to keep changing without damage to the lugs.......

LightGeek

Nice looking... the only problem is ArchieLuxury has ruined the brand for me. Everytime I see "Patek", I hear his irritating voice.

_DC_
DC as the curator of the PP Club I'm happy that it passes muster. So many strap choices, but not that easy to keep changing without damage to the lugs.......

On the contrary, budget willing, if you went for a Camille Fournet strap they do a quick release spring bar system which means no need for spring bar tools, just slide the tab over and out the strap comes! Their alligator straps are pricey (around €275) but they offer the same system on their calf leather straps which are less pricey (around €145)!

DC

MAJ75

On the contrary, budget willing, if you went for a Camille Fournet strap they do a quick release spring bar system which means no need for spring bar tools, just slide the tab over and out the strap comes! Their alligator straps are pricey (around €275) but they offer the same system on their calf leather straps which are less pricey (around €145)!

DC

That's a great tip off mate, many thanks. I'll probably look into the calf leather option maybe in black.

Davesjourney

Now that's nice!

Robin195959

Nice choice mate. Looks fab.

NCRich

Nice! I got the stainless version in the mail this morning.

_DC_

You won't regret it, the steel version is a cracker...

DA68A182-2B09-4C1D-A208-171510E53B40_zpsjep5vq6b.jpg

I must get around to ordering a calfskin strap for it to dress it down!!

DC

MAJ75

Now that's nice!

Nice choice mate. Looks fab.

Nice! I got the stainless version in the mail this morning.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Rich I don't think you can go wrong with this piece regardless of case material/finish!

NCRich

Completely out of character.

nOxIkTw.jpg?1

x9J1XZH.jpg?1

_DC_

nOxIkTw.jpg?1

x9J1XZH.jpg?1

What's your verdict mate?

DC

NCRich

nOxIkTw.jpg?1

x9J1XZH.jpg?1

What's your verdict mate?

DC

Love the watch. I was going to age the dial but I think this is just too nice to mess with. Love the blue hands, even the rep strap is good. Now I might try a nautilus.