wowsasb

Question: 114300 as dress watch?

wowsasb

Im curious, is there any way that the 114300 Grape could work as a dress watch, if a little bit quirky? I think yes. In my opinion a black leather strap could make it work.

I know many wont agree since its not black or white, but It is a very simple design, and really not that different from something like a Seiko cocktail.

Thoughts? Im reducing my collection and thinking about having the JF 114300 as one of my only watches, and I don't have many formal occasions, but enough for it to be a consideration. My job is pretty business casual and most people don't care about watches.

(not my pic)

img_5041-114300_zpsrqyuj34z.jpg

Edited by wowsasb

tomtom1988

To be honest I think you can't go wrong having this watch for any occasion, formal, smart casual, hell this would even look good round the pool. Dress wise a navy suit would look fucking awesome with this watch

Thommo82

Grape is great

wowsasb

To be honest I think you can't go wrong having this watch for any occasion, formal, smart casual, hell this would even look good round the pool. Dress wise a navy suit would look fucking awesome with this watch

Grape is great

Agreed!!!

RepGuy

Anything can be a dress watch technically. For example, I regularly wear beefier divers even when I'm dressed up. Its all about personal preference. You can be sure I'd rock the hell out of my RG AP Schumacher if I thought it looked good on that particular day :lol:

RUSH2112

I don't see any other use for it. Dress doesn't mean black or white tie anymore. There are lots of levels of dress this would work in.

wowsasb

What about nude?

wowsasb

But since we answered the first question, can I get some suggestions for leather straps? Anyone have one with leather on they'd like to share?

rawbaws

This isn't the 1800's or 1900's.... the wealthy wear any damn watch they please in any circumstances...

I can't really think of any occasion were some toff will scoff at you for wearing a sports watch under a suit. Unless it was a hublot

BadPickle

Depends what colour your dress is

The "grape" is just outta shot on the left wrist

6F931894-BCDB-4B1A-9D15-AC6BABDC3956_zpsnxk1sb9q.jpg

deju

Wear what up want, as long as it goes with the overall look you're going for :)

I like to wear gold watches when I suit up, if I wore that then my pocket square and socks would be grape and possibly my cufflinks

wowsasb

Ahuh, I was just wondering if others can see it as a simpler dressy sorta piece as well as a sports watch.

I am really curious about the leather though!

Depends what colour your dress is

The "grape" is just outta shot on the left wrist

6F931894-BCDB-4B1A-9D15-AC6BABDC3956_zpsnxk1sb9q.jpg

Howd you get that photo of me?

SLTIEUVE

Versatile watch... goes great with a t-shirt or a suit. No problem fitting under a shirt cuff and not an attention grabbing watch.