Sign in to follow this  
Genius

Fucking photobucket

trailboss99

So unless you pay $100 a year you can't even hotlink? What the actual fuck do they think think they are doing?????

wimpie007

Strange as my links seems to be working still?

20170608_081519.jpg

Perhaps FREE has ads but has 3rd Party Hosting?

Choose the plan that’s right for you and enjoy the premium member benefits.

• Plus 50 offers 50GB of Storage and No Linking or 3rd Party Hosting
  • Plus 100 offers 100GB of Storage, Unlimited Linking and No 3rd Party Hosting
  • Plus 500 offers 500GB of Storage, Unlimited Linking and 3rd Party Hosting*
  • Ad free browsing

dirkhunt

They have lost all my photos and Im not best pleased with this, what a croc of shit.

mike_morgan

Photo bucket has broken the Internet, they trashed every forum in existence in a single day.... idiots

Thrichar

Ah well - I've managed to download my photos to the PC so now I just need to find the time to put them somewhere else!!

TRANSPORTER

Need to download all of mine, only just seen this problem today, what an ARSE!and to top it off my poxy iphone has decided to drop wifi and grey out the slider to turn it back on, done a soft reset and reset network settings but still not working, have switched it off and thrown it in the freezer to see if the myth of cooling them down actually works, I doubt it but I don't have time this morning to be fucking around with gadgets and bastard hosting sites fucking me over

Foxindebox

Right, I've just finished downloading all my photos and uploading to postimage. Now for the fucking ball-ache of trying to repair some of my damaged threads...

Genius
So unless you pay $100 a year you can't even hotlink? What the actual fuck do they think think they are doing?????

It's even stranger than that!

They are calling hotlinking 3Rd party hosting.... Which costs $400...

It actually appears they are charging $100 a month to grant permission for you to create a backlink to their site. pretty much one of the weirdest policies I've ever seen.

Anyone already on a photobucket plan prior to the terms of service change will already be in contract so they most probably won't be able to roll out the new scam deal to you until the end of your current contractual period without themselves being in breach. I guess most are on rolling monthly so watch out for it coming soon

domen1788

i Have a quastion if my storage use is: 1.7 GB (80.27%) 2.1 GB on Free Account Type and my pictures shows:

Please Update Your Account to Enable 3RD PARTY HOSTING

So will be enought if i will buy: Plus 50 offers 50GB of Storage and No Linking or 3rd Party Hosting (because here they write or 3rd Party Hosting )

Thanks for reply,greeting

Genius
i Have a quastion if my storage use is: 1.7 GB (80.27%) 2.1 GB on Free Account Type and my pictures shows:

So will be enought if i will buy: Plus 50 offers 50GB of Storage and No Linking or 3rd Party Hosting (because here they write or 3rd Party Hosting )

Nope no 3Rd party hosting unless you go for the $400 plan

Switch to postimage http://postimage.io/

domen1788

but before i had plus 20 and its worked okey but i cancelled ( about 1-2 weeks a go ) and now i want come back to the same - i dont use to much storage - so dont have other choice to pay less for a year is too much before i paid about 3$ per month , or have some easy way to move my all picture to other server?

Edited by domen1788

Genius

but before i had plus 20 and its worked okey but i cancelled ( about 1-2 weeks a go ) and now i want come back to the same - i dont use to much storage - so dont have other choice to pay less for a year is too much before i paid about 3$ per month , or have some easy way to move my all picture to other server?

You can stick with them cheaper free but no 3Rd party hosting

You can pay em $400 to keep using like now

Or you can do the sensible thing and tell photobucket to fuck off and move your content elsewhere

domen1788

You can stick with them cheaper free but no 3Rd party hosting

You can pay em $400 to keep using like now

Or you can do the sensible thing and tell photobucket to fuck off and move your content elsewhere

ok thanks for information and help

_DC_

I don't even seem to be able to open my photos at all on the Photobucket app to download them back to my phone. They're my fucking photos and they're not letting me have them. How can that be right?!?

What a bunch of funts!

DC

Nikosaldente

I manage to download all my photos from the app to my smartphone....

Synced(usb cable) my phone to my LapTop...

Uploaded all my photos from LapTop to postimage.org...

Now I have to hyperlink them to all of my threads/posts here..... :angry::frusty::blowup:

digger2

I am totally unaffected of the changes so far I think and I don´t pay anything.

Mr Stubbs

I was unaffected until today, July 1. I could still link from the PB library yesterday, when other people could not. Now I can't. They may have split their clients into subsections and you just haven't been processed yet.

The astromaster
After getting slower and more ad filled and buggy finally they decided to pull the plug on forum image hosting.... Unless you pay a ridiculously high fee...

Fuck em!

Problem is they just ruined 1000's of helpful guides on forums all over the world

The wankers

It'd be cheaper to send mail to every member on the forum

I was unaffected until today, July 1. I could still link from the PB library yesterday, when other people could not. Now I can't. They may have split their clients into subsections and you just haven't been processed yet.

It hasn't worked for me for 3 days,

Xpletiv

Photophucket...

WebWind

Currently I can not access any of my photos via browser in PC.

Mobile app (android) is working fine, surprisingly it is more responsive than before and it can download photos to phone so .....

1. I have downloaded albums into phone.

2. Than I realized that Photobucket folder is not visible and accessible via PC but I can see it in Total commander installed in phone.

3. My Photobucket folder with downloaded photos was in my Nexus located at "/storage/0/Pictures/Photobucket"

I marked album and packed it with Total commander packer (third icon from left - folder icon with zipper)

4. Destination for Zip file was automatically set to "Download" folder which is visible when phone is connected to PC

5. Moving zip archive with pics to PC was easy cake than.

I hope that this "tutorial" can save a lot of your photos.

Now I am uploading my photos to Flickr.

JSJ

My pics still work so far. I hate photobucket too so I'll have to find another way.

It's a real shame about the forum guides.

Thanks for all the advice in this thread.

Daffy

My pics still work so far. I hate photobucket too so I'll have to find another way.

It's a real shame about the forum guides.

Thanks for all the advice in this thread.

Just try the method in my sig. Works well.

ElvisFreak

so, what will happen to the tens of thousands of websites (not just our replicas homes) all over the web that used Photofucket?

like all the blogs, ebay sellers, regular websites?

fatarms

so, what will happen to the tens of thousands of websites (not just our replicas homes) all over the web that used Photofucket?

The same thing, they'll get the generic "update your account" icon where their pictures should be, or they pay he $400 and continue to show as they always have.

ElvisFreak

The same thing, they'll get the generic "update your account" icon where their pictures should be, or they pay he $400 and continue to show as they always have.

well....won't that create somewhat of a web wide revolt against Photofucket?