Sign in to follow this  
manodeoro

Heavily modded 16610 cheapie ... or "minutes of a shitinerand plastic surgery"

manodeoro

10 - CASE & BRACELET :

This morning I woke up in the wee hours so I had some time to work on that watch before SSB (Shave/Shower/Breakfast :smile:).

So I put the crystal and gasket baco in the midcase and the insert back on the bezel.

Add the caseback and crown, springbars.

So here is just a pic of the complete CASE & BRACELET.

At the moment I'm waiting for a nice 16610 dial to come so I let the movement and hands in their respective boxes.

First just a pic of how it looked ... stubby crownguards, a bracelet more tarnished than brushed and a loosy crown

image.png

And NOW ... really nice IMHO, despite the very bad light a 5pm

I'll take some better pics and wristshots with the movement and new dial cased in ... on friday if everything goes well

146035IMG20170705132718.jpg

Edited by manodeoro

manodeoro

11 - FINISHED ... and ready to go back to his owner :

Thursday I received the new dial for that "ex-quite-ugly-now-pretty-nice" cheapie.

So this morning she was ready for some pics though the light was not very good.

She ticks the time pretty well, the crown can perfectly be screwed on the crown tube and she looks pretty good ... IMHO

I know my father in law will be very happy and it’s been a very interesting exercise of plastic surgery.

Now it’s time to leave for a 2 weeks vacation then I’ll go back to a much tougher build projects that I hope to finish before next december … but shh!!! it’s classified :hehehe:

And, as promised, here are some pics before I wrap it in a soft cloth and put it back in my bag ...

67679601.jpg

29452702.jpg

76904103.jpg

95810204.jpg

86795105.jpg

30029806.jpg

96541007.jpg

90642608.jpg

33192609.jpg

50705110.jpg

Foxindebox

:clap:

Very nice mate, great effort. I'm sure the FIL will be well chuffed with that.

NCRich

Nice job manodeoro!

Piccolo

Really enjoyed this thread, great work and thanks for all the updates.

I'm sure he will be pleased! Look forward to the pictures from your next projects...

As an aside; when did you start/stop running Ultras? Any more planned..?

manodeoro

Really enjoyed this thread, great work and thanks for all the updates.

I'm sure he will be pleased! Look forward to the pictures from your next projects...

As an aside; when did you start/stop running Ultras? Any more planned..?

Thanks Piccolo

About running ... it's been a quick/short story but it's not finished yet (I hope so)

- June 2013 : started to "run a little" to loose some weight (not much but I never got any fat until being 54 years old so I couldnt stand)

- October 2013 : runned my first 6.2 miles - time was not bad (58') so I decided to try longer

- November 2013 : first half-marathon - 1h58'

- January 2014 : had to stop running for a few months after a BIG car crash ... unlucky

- May : 2014 : completely cured and back to running

- October 2014 : second half-marathon - 1h48' so I decided to try a full one

- November 2014 : first marathon - no really prepared and learned the hard way - 4h25'

- May 2015 : second marathon - really prepared - 3h48' - decided to try an ultra

- October 2015 : first 62 miles - fully prepared - 12h53' (I runned that one "slowly" because it was my first real ultra)

- January 2016 : diagnosed degenerative osthearthritis - stopped running but kept swimming ... very unlucky

- October 2016 : had to stop all sports so I begun "playing with watches" (that's the reason I'm here today)

- January 2017 : spinal neurosurgery - almost 6 weeks lying on my bed so I had time enough to read almost all the threads on RWG

- June 2017 : diagnosed completely healed, at least "mechanically", but neuropathic pains so I still cant run and barely walk because of the pain ... at least I can swim again

Now I have to take anti-convulsant drugs for a few months and the pains "should" disappear, probably within September or October.

So, if everything goes well and since I'm an optimistic guy, my goal is to :

- pratice some hiking during autumn and cross-country skiing next winter ... just to try to get fit again

- start running again next January, short runs at first then slowly increase the length

- stard a real training program about march 2018

- run the "UT4M 160 Xtrem" trail on august 2018 (105 miles - 11000 D+) - my "official" goal is first to be a finisher ... but if I'd like to finish under 45h00 (VERY optimistic guy)

Whatever happens I wont stop modding watches ... it's like Qui Gong for me and helped a lot to go through all that sh.t without going mad.