Sign in to follow this  
Khronos

Advice on a partial refund on eBay

Khronos

Morning!

I need some advice on my recent ebay purchase.

I bought a Tissot for my father. The watch was described as "New with tags", but the description did say " Worn only once ". I messaged the seller he confirmed that it has no scratches.

Well, I received the watch yesterday and guess what...??!! The shit is full of scratches :( The metal keeper is full of desk dives and there are marks on the watch head. And plenty of disgusting DNA residue on the inside of the strap..He might have worn it only once, but it was for 6 months straight, without taking it off. That's my only explanation..

I filed a dispute on eBay ( not as described ) and demanded a full refund. The seller immediately offered a partial refund. I wasn't quite happy with the ammount and asked for another solution. He offered a larger ammount, but said that I have to decline the original counter offer.

I did that, but now he says that he can't issue another partial refund and would like to send me money directly through Paypal.

It seems a bit fishy to me, I believe he can hit me with a chargeback later, can't he?

Is it true that he can't make another partial refund proposition?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Nikosaldente

Damn eBay scammers!

I hope it ends up well for you mate!

Wish you all the best!

Ped

Pick up the phone and speak with ebay, its the only way

Khronos

@Nikosaldente: Thanks mate!

@peedog: I'm from Slovenia, we have no eBay support you can call.

It's probably best to handle everything on eBay and not agree to his ideas?

Khronos

Can he make a partial refund of my payment directly on Paypal? In that case I don't think he can pull any tricks on me later?

tomtom1988

Contact eBay either phone or live chat, they're usually very helpful

Khronos

I tried to find that option, but it appears that it can't be done from my country..

Wriggles

There has to be some contact details. Under no circumstances accept anything outside of the original transaction. Your dispute is open in the PayPal dispute center, dont accept the offer and wait until PayPal intervene if you can't contact them otherwise. They don't look kindly on people trying to resolve issues outside the dispute particularly if it involves more PayPal transactions so it should work out in your favour

trailboss99

Forget eBay, open a direct PP dispute, document with with the eBay listing and photos of the watch.

Khronos

There is a button to contact eBay on their website, but it only guides you through their pre-made problem/solution guides.

I decided not to do anything outside eBay/Paypal.

I'm just wondering if he's lying about not being able to offer another partial refund proposition after he told me to decline the first one. I've never sold anything on the Bay so I can't tell if it's in fact so.

Khronos
Forget eBay, open a direct PP dispute, document with with the eBay listing and photos of the watch.

I believe that may be my only option. The seller has gone silent too, that's a pretty good sign for me not to go along with his plans.

Khronos

The seller has just made a partial refund payment through Paypal, but he used something called eCheck, which is pending until July 19th ( I have no money in my Balance ). He included a note saying that this is a partial refund for the ebay transaction number £€¥€#$ and that he wants me to close the case. He didn't actually partially refund my original payment, he made a new one. Fishy?

Let me say I haven't agreed to anything, he just went and made the payment.

Wriggles

Very fishy. I thought you'd opened a dispute with PP but it was with eBay, so do as TB said and open the dispute with PP linking the ebay transaction.

This guys trying to scam you

Khronos

Yes, eBay. I'll do it on Paypal, he's being pushy and rude, a very bad sign in my book.

Thanks for your advice!

narikaa

• eCheque means precisely nothing until it 'clears'

• Do not action anything in your eBay dispute in the meantime as it will almost certainly stop you from any further complaint

• As its a given that the timeline for the dispute will allow you to escalate to eBay for resolution before the eCheque clears (if in fact, it does)......

• DO THAT

Khronos

First you show me the wonderful world of Transferwise, then your famous sub and now this.. I'm starting to develop platonic, purely heterosexual feelings for you :)

I'll do just that, let the fine folks on eBay decide. Thanks Reg :) !

LightGeek

Don't agree and DO NOT EVER CLOSE THE CASE because the seller said so. Once you do, eBay will stop helping you.