DallasGTA

Jump Hour Reps - Where you at?

DallasGTA

Many people know about the Franck Muller Crazy Hour reps, but what about some of the other Jump Hour replicas?

There's a post from a RWG.BZ user in 2011 who says he had one of these Chronoswiss Delphis:

Chronoswiss%20Delphis_zpsauxpd2gy.jpg

On another site (RWG.CC) there's a post from a user in 2006 who says he had this Vacheron Constantin Saltarello:

Saltarello%20REP_zpsez3ledf7.jpg

Does anyone still have one of these old reps lying around? If so, may we please see a wrist shot?

Xpletiv

Damn that VC! *drool*

Yeah, I need a jump hour badly.

machiavegli

Zombie thread.... live again! I’ve posted requests for these on every forum and only scored one in my 10 yr collecting career. If anyone knows a link to a TD selling a jump hour PLEASE put it on on this thread.

Best,

-Mach

DallasGTA
On 12/07/2018 at 21:26, machiavegli said:

Zombie thread.... live again! I’ve posted requests for these on every forum and only scored one in my 10 yr collecting career. If anyone knows a link to a TD selling a jump hour PLEASE put it on on this thread.

Best,

-Mach

Thanks for reviving this thread.  Since I started it, this is the only jump hour rep I was able to find:

IMG_0553.jpg

Unfortunately, it was sold out.  So my search for a functioning jump hour rep continues.  Maybe someone else has had better luck?

GenTLe

Frank Muller crazy hours have jumping hours. And they are cheap. But too small for my wrist :(

GingerApple

Go for cheap, 70s Gen, they're ten a penny on eBay.

Xpletiv

I'd like to have that Corum too!

FMs are a different style of jump that just doesn't suit me, unfortunately. 

Ok, Blubba, post up some links at a ten penny. I've been watching every now and then on da Bay and they go for more than that.

Unless, you mean ones that need work....

GingerApple

Okay, ten a penny is a stretch - but there are loads out there for less than we pay for our reps.

Glaude
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

Frank Muller crazy hours have jumping hours. And they are cheap. But too small for my wrist :(

Too small ? Do you have 10" wrist ? :D 

39mm x 47mm isn't that small to me 

machiavegli

The FM “crazy hour” is a different (but still cool) complication entirely. A real jump hour complication watch is awesome and makes it very intuitive to read time (hour is “digital”, minutes analog).

-Mach

machiavegli

Here’s a true working  jump hour rep I bought from  @RichardMiami years ago. It was based on the Gerard Genta Bi-retrograde for Bvlgari.  The little number in the window at 12 o’clock is the hour (not the date as one might assume), note no hour hand

O5JvcdJ.jpg

-Mach

PS. Photo credit to RichardMiami

PPS . This rep not currently available at any TD :(

PPPS. Make more of these, China, please!

RussP
2 hours ago, Glaude said:

Too small ? Do you have 10" wrist ? :D 

Humongous .............if you ask me.

I can't even wear a Casablanca.

A Long Island or a Cintree Curvex maybe...........but nothing else in the FM repertoire.

RussP

No 'jumping' anything here.............but the concept is similar.

This is the only watch (gen) that I have with the time displayed in this manner.

30620992460_36798d4b89_b.jpg

fatarms
1 hour ago, RussP said:

No 'jumping' anything here.............but the concept is similar.

This is the only watch (gen) that I have with the time displayed in this manner.

30620992460_36798d4b89_b.jpg

These things always reminded me of old school bathroom scales :lol:

RussP
1 hour ago, fatarms said:

These things always reminded me of old school bathroom scales :lol:

Or Council parking meters............

GenTLe
Too small ? Do you have 10" wrist ?  
19.7cm wrist :)
The only one from FM that fits well is the Vanguard

Xpletiv

I would presume that those G.G. Mickey mouse ones are just like that Stauer in that they are "wandering" hours and not true "jump" hours.

Which is acceptable, if they have the right look to them (for me).  That Stauer has nice font, but the case is a little "meh" for me. One can find some really cheap ones on the Bay for about 10-20$ that all have wandering hours and minutes, they just are too plain/uninteresting. 

I've been thinking about getting one and trying to mod it with different font and probably a different case, but I just haven't the time.

DallasGTA
11 hours ago, machiavegli said:

Here’s a true working  jump hour rep I bought from  @RichardMiami years ago. It was based on the Gerard Genta Bi-retrograde for Bvlgari.  The little number in the window at 12 o’clock is the hour (not the date as one might assume), note no hour hand

O5JvcdJ.jpg

-Mach

PS. Photo credit to RichardMiami

PPS . This rep not currently available at any TD :(

PPPS. Make more of these, China, please!

Hey Mach, I didn't think you still had this rep.  Is it still in your collection?

DallasGTA
2 hours ago, Xpletiv said:

I would presume that those G.G. Mickey mouse ones are just like that Stauer in that they are "wandering" hours and not true "jump" hours.

Which is acceptable, if they have the right look to them (for me).  That Stauer has nice font, but the case is a little "meh" for me. One can find some really cheap ones on the Bay for about 10-20$ that all have wandering hours and minutes, they just are too plain/uninteresting. 

I've been thinking about getting one and trying to mod it with different font and probably a different case, but I just haven't the time.

When you say "wandering" hours, I'm guessing that is what my De Bethune Dream is:

IMG_0554.jpg

Not considered a jump hour, right?

Glaude
9 hours ago, GenTLe said:

19.7cm wrist :)
The only one from FM that fits well is the Vanguard

Must be related to the shape of your wrist or how you like the watch to appear on it, I have approximately the same wrist size (maybe a mm bigger) and I really like the fit of the FM Crazy Hours

Glaude
15 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

You didn't mention that earlier, you cheeky Italian ! :D 

If you like the style, I really recommend you the bigger version, fits really well on our wrist size

Xpletiv

Dallas,

Yes, that is a wandering hours and minutes.

"Jump" is just that, the numeral, usually seen through a cut-out/window in the dial, suddenly jumps ahead to the next time interval be it hour or minute.