Sign in to follow this  
GT86

I'm a fucking idiot

GT86

:D Made a right mess of my Mrs Oyster perpetual bracelet. Go on you lot have a laugh...

D47EDE82-FFC4-4A90-9C8D-10699244EEBA_zps5pewnrvc.jpg

2F8C2446-C13E-41DB-963A-6C225C5E101A_zpsrlo1lj8o.jpg

So I tried to resize her bracelet but the screw got stuck. So I did what any moron would and tried to remove the link with a set of heavy duty pliers!

Long story short, it's a 34mm watch with 19mm bracelet. Turns out my TD can't get another bracelet (6 weeks after asking him and paying $90! :blowup: ) but I have found an 'old style' 19 mm on DH gate. The question is will it fit? Has anyone used an 'old style' Oyster bracelet on a modern Rollie?

Would appreciate any advice as I've been in the dog house for weeks! Sniggers and giggles welcome too as I am indeed a dipshit!

P.S. I should mention the ruined link is the last one with a srew, the remaining are SEL's

GenTLe

Fuck Photobucket. Move to something else mate.

GT86

photos not showing?

WatchDog21

:blind:

Stupid Photobucket...

NCRich

rafflesdials.com

I can't see your pictures but riyi can get you what you want if you don't see it on the raffles website. Just message him on the site.

GT86

IMG_16571.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_16561.jpg

GT86

rafflesdials.com

I can't see your pictures but riyi can get you what you want if you don't see it on the raffles website. Just message him on the site.

INVALUABLE! Thank you mate, can't see a 'new' 19mm Oyster on there bit I'll drop him a line. Can't believe my TD charged me $90 and still didn't come up with the goods!

BadApple

Should have stuck with Photobucket. You'd still have some cred.

NCRich

rafflesdials.com

INVALUABLE! Thank you mate, can't see a 'new' 19mm Oyster on there bit I'll drop him a line. Can't believe my TD charged me $90 and still didn't come up with the goods!

He has been able to get me anything I want. If not the old type will fit. The hollow end link ones fit nearly anything.

I don't see why you don't cut that link off with a dremel and cutting wheel. I've done that a bunch of times with crappy links. You were removing it anyway?

The astromaster

You can also buy a generic oyster bracelet on Ebay and just take the links you need. I purchased a 20mm sea dweller style bracelet for $40.

GT86

rafflesdials.com

He has been able to get me anything I want. If not the old type will fit. The hollow end link ones fit nearly anything.

I don't see why you don't cut that link off with a dremel and cutting wheel. I've done that a bunch of times with crappy links. You were removing it anyway?

Haven't got a dremel :hide: It is quite possible that I'm not a real man! Will grab an older Oyster bracelet, if Raffles can't source a new one, and must buy a dremel!

Cheers Rich :thumbsup2:

RepGuy

Put it on a strap and be done with it. You've already proven you can't handle a bracelet :lol: