ryyannon

Problems with a Trusted Dealer: Seeking help from Mod(s)

splke

:thumbsup2:

black263

What hasn't helped was posting this in Scams.  This immediately gets our backs up, as a TD doesn't scam.  There may be problems which need sorting out, but they have far more to lose by "scamming" you than your few hundred dollar purchase would ever warrant.  

RUSH2112
On 9/13/2017 at 18:09, ryyannon said:

My sincere thanks to Moderator NickFive for going to bat for me with Precious Clones. Given the more than 100 messages exchanged over a four-month period to obtain a refund on a watch I never ordered, I'm not convinced that Joshua is still running the show. Be that as it may, without NickFive's help, I'd probably still be trying to obtain the refund.

Why did you send payment for a watch you never ordered?

ryyannon

I originally ordered a watch in late May as a gift for a friend. I inquired whether it was available (Josh's website indicated that he had five of them in stock). I received an affirmative answer and paid. A week later (in early June) I was informed that the watch was not available, but that a 'similar' model was. I replied that I was not interested in the model proposed and asked for a refund. There followed three months of laconic one-sentence replies each time I re-requested the refund: "I will see to it"; "Cannot find payment details" (it was and still is on my account details on his website); "Will attend to this"; repeated over three months. Then out of the blue, "We are shipping your watch!" Huh? This after repeatedly stating that I did not want the replacement model and to refund the original purchase price. By this time, I had the feeling that I was dealing with some kind of nonsensical Bot designed to drive me nuts and to ultimately give up. I did not give up.  Next message some days later: "We cannot cancel order, watch is being shipped."  When I protested for the zillionth time that I did not want said watch, I was told to return it after delivery.  I was given a name and address in China (a 'Mr. Bin', which I thought was an added touch of insanity) and sent it off as per instructions. It was tracked and delivered to the mysterious Mr. Bin. Still no refund. There followed another series of messages querying the Bot as to why I had not been refunded. The Bot repeatedly replied, "We have not received watch."  I sent screen captures of the "Delivered" message on the tracking site. The Bot replied, "This is a 'delivery hub' and we still have not received the watch." And so on....Were it not for NickFive's (several) interventions, I would probably still be trying to reason with the Bot. I stopped collecting replicas years ago and never had a problem like this (even with TTK's legendary shipping delays and often bilious replies to "Where's my watch?"). As I said earlier, my feeling is that Josh (for years, one of the best dealers on the replica watch scene) has more or less given over the day-to day handling of his business to greedy associates, cretinous assistants or perhaps even the Bot, from whose clutches NickFive kindly saved me. 

Edited by ryyannon
grammatical

dirkhunt
On 9/14/2017 at 16:30, black263 said:

What hasn't helped was posting this in Scams.  This immediately gets our backs up, as a TD doesn't scam. 

Switch and bait anyone?

ryyannon
12 hours ago, dirkhunt said:

Switch and bait anyone?

I've suggested to the Mods that they repost this thread in the Dealer Feedback section. It's still here. 

Sorry, dirkhunt - I meant to quote  black263:

On 9/14/2017 at 15:30, black263 said:

What hasn't helped was posting this in Scams.  This immediately gets our backs up, as a TD doesn't scam. 

Edited by ryyannon
Correction