Sign in to follow this  
Diplomatico

ROLIE saved my franken Datejust and Sub

Diplomatico

So both my Rolex watches were in great need of a service and ROLIE came through with his fine skills bringing my watches to life again.

Superfranken Datejust 16013

So first off my superfranken Datejust 16013 which is a StoneP build. StoneP is atleast previously renowned for high quality franken builds. However Rolie found a number of corners that were cut during this build which are pretty baffling considering the premium we are paying for these StoneP franken watches. A small word of warning to all members considering StoneP builds...

Luckily they were all fixable and to give you an idea of the mess:

• Dial was improperly installed causing it to move whenever crown was unscrewed from tube
  • Crown being unscrewed from stem when setting time
  • Wrong calendar spacer used causing damage to calendar gears

Rolie installed a gen ETA 2824 to complete the corrections.

Sub No-date V7

Secondly my No-date Sub V7 had a faulty movement which Rolie replaced with gen ETA 2824. Rolie also modded the ETA movement to have 2-step crown action (winding - time setting) to mimic the gen movement. Rolie also pressure tested it.

All this was done in under a week with fast and secure returnshipping so I can truly say I recommend Rolies services to everyone!! :beer2:

lx2tk1G.jpg

NI9wU5B.jpg

3ZqH4CA.jpg

splke

What can you say about him the lovely man

Moondustesp

The man is a legend

Genius

So it would appear stoneP is as shit as mymanmatt...

And Rolie is just straight up brilliant!

ROLIE

wonder which one holds the paper :giggle:

BadPickle

wonder which one holds the paper :giggle:

:lmao:

ROLIE

Thanks for the review diplomatico and glad you like the finished projects ...

also the shipping in the end was rather fast by royalmail standards :thumbsup2: :thumbsup:

Diplomatico
Thanks for the review diplomatico and glad you like the finished projects ...

also the shipping in the end was rather fast by royalmail standards :thumbsup2: :thumbsup:

Yeah, surprisingly fast. Them blokes at Royalmail did well :-)

micscave

Top job ROLIE.

Nikosaldente

One fine watchsmith, who I haven't had the chance to deal with, yet!

Cheers for Rolie!

Enjoy wearing them, mate!

Ishmael

Mate is that my old 16013? She looks familiar... :)

Also all the problems with it you detailed are what mine suffered from... hmmm...

Diplomatico

Mate is that my old 16013? She looks familiar... :)

Also all the problems with it you detailed are what mine suffered from... hmmm...

It sure is......

Ishmael

Nice to see she got the care she deserves D! Glad you're enjoying it - and if you ever decide to part with it... :)

gamba66
On 7/13/2017 at 19:39, Genius said:
So it would appear stoneP is as shit as mymanmatt...   And Rolie is just straight up brilliant!      

Check out my thread the truth about StoneP/Mymanmatt on RWI  https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/the-truth-about-stonep-mymanmatt-datejust-and-daydate-builds.378012/ No news here, on 99 percent of the "builds" the dials, dates and day are misaligned and lume dots and/or the dial damaged during installation. Some people even complained that the dials were tilted to the sides.. Here a prime example of their work: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/is-my-dial-misaligned.373711/  Dust/hair/fingerprints under the xtal is a free bonus

All that while grossly misrepresenting their own "skills" and charging a huge premium.

Did I mention that the rep parts they use are of lowest quality in terms of tolerances (rehaut diameter) brushing and finishing (and costs..) from rafflesdials.com? Their bracelets feel so roughly finished its like putting nails on your arm.

What I also noticed is that they use gen parts but period incorrect ones for example a 4 digit crown on a 5 digit build. Or a Datejust crown (with a line for SS) on a Daydate (two dots for wg, rare and worth about 300 USD more). Ofcourse no mention of this in their sales either they claim falsely its period correct or simply write "gen crown"..

I could go on and on and on and the worst part is I can back it all up with links.

I wouldnt trust them with a penny

Edited by gamba66

Griffo

Good work Rolie - top man!