Sign in to follow this  
psyop1sf

Panerai Computer Graphics (Pic Heavy)

psyop1sf

Thought I'd share these. These are some of the finished images of a Panerai 3D computer model I finished recently. Produced this in Autodesk 3ds Max, and rendered the final images in Octane render engine. Also included a couple development screen shots.

35447198082_96268a9613_o_d.jpg

35228650400_98be855d27_o_d.jpg

34806374723_fc59fc0f93_o_d.jpg

35615236175_fd1091d2d5_o_d.jpg

34806381133_33ce3912ab_o_d.jpg

35615239855_3757cf73c7_o_d.jpg

34509604204_1e4a605c91_o_d.jpg

35304786576_287f3426a9_o_d.jpg

35576398946_1d38fc2c92_o_d.jpg

Hostage

I'm not a fan of Panerai but that is cool and very well done. How many hours went in to creating it?

Thommo82

So you're saying I'm not actually looking at a watch?

Bravo

psyop1sf

I'm not a fan of Panerai but that is cool and very well done. How many hours went in to creating it?

Not very long, had it knocked out in a day. Didn't have to do any of the internals for this project, so the actual modeling wasn't very complicated.

psyop1sf

Bravo

Just digital ones and zeros :) You'd be surprised how many adds and commercials you see that are CG in part or full.

Edited by psyop1sf

watchlvr91

Wow!! Very nice!

nuttcrac69

Wow! Impressed!

Thommo82
name='psyop1sf' timestamp='1500176238' post='2012426']

Bravo

Just digital ones and zeros :) You'd be surprised how many adds and commercials you see that are CG in partial or full.

This is beautiful....

But for an ad, would t it be cheaper and easier to just use a watch? Or does the cost of professional photography outweigh the cost of CG?

psyop1sf
name='psyop1sf' timestamp='1500176238' post='2012426']

Bravo

Just digital ones and zeros :) You'd be surprised how many adds and commercials you see that are CG in partial or full.

This is beautiful....

But for an ad, would t it be cheaper and easier to just use a watch? Or does the cost of professional photography outweigh the cost of CG?

A single ad, one time, is usually cheaper and faster with photography. But, when upper management doesn't like the shot angles, or the lighting, or wants a different color option, or wants to see more of this and less of that, CG starts becoming way more time and cost effective. After the initial output of time to create a CG asset, virtually anything can be done with it, in a lot less time than working with the actual physical product, lighting, and camera crews.

A lot of marketing campaigns actually start before release-ready products are running off the assembly lines. With CG we can go ahead and start producing marketing material as soon as the design is finalized. I also do a lot of work creating visualizations for companies that are bidding jobs to buyers. Like these two images below. The first is a proposed cabin layout for a ship builder, and the second is an engineering department's proposed method of placing a proximity sensor on a crane brake-head unit. Realistic imagery really helps people pitch their ideas when decision makers can actually see what's being planned or discussed.

35330731996_d9a3b4a20c_o_d.jpg

35203505302_2f8c238022_o_d.jpg

Edited by psyop1sf

Thommo82

So can you start making graphics for PlayStation games please

Kleen™

Where can i buy this rep...?

psyop1sf

Lol, not impossible, but not too likely either. I'm actually an engineer who just happens to be good at CG. I work in a niche area of the CG world where we're dealing with highly technical 3D models, and also taking part in the design, manufacturing process, and technical publications development. My day job is with an offshore drilling and maritime manufacturer.

I do some freelance work though. In fact this watch is actually just a prop for a watch winding box that I'm working on for one of my freelance clients. I'm doing a full package of technical illustrations, exploded views, and product visualizations of the complete box, motor, and gearing train. Needed a watch to show in it, so I worked this up. Of course for that work, I'm using a stripped down dial, as I can't use any Panerai branding. But while I was at it, I made up and accurate Panerai dial too, just for fun.

ShovelnTC

Double wow! Nice work!

Thommo82
name='psyop1sf' timestamp='1500193838' post='2012465']

Lol, not impossible, but not too likely either. I'm actually an engineer who just happens to be good at CG. I work in a niche area of the CG world where we're dealing with highly technical 3D models, and also taking part in the design, manufacturing process, and technical publications development. My day job is with an offshore drilling and maritime manufacturer.

I do some freelance work though. In fact this watch is actually just a prop for a watch winding box that I'm working on for one of my freelance clients. I'm doing a full package of technical illustrations, exploded views, and product visualizations of the complete box, motor, and gearing train. Needed a watch to show in it, so I worked this up. Of course for that work, I'm using a stripped down dial, as I can't use any Panerai branding. But while I was at it, I made up and accurate Panerai dial too, just for fun.

You should be proud of your work

I have done much art work myself, using paper as my medium however, and I can really appreciate the beauty in this

Pure B

Great work buddy!

Are you into Golem?

psyop1sf

Great work buddy!

Are you into Golem?

By Golem, if you mean the peer-to-peer computer set up, then no. Not the type of thing corporate I.T. would go along with.

Pure B

Ah oke

GenTLe

Blooooooody hell! They look real photos!!!! Congrats!

ellistyle1

Super cool. I'm impressed.

JohnCocktoastin

Wait...are you...are you saying that those top pics are not real watch photos but are completely CGI?!? How the Hell??? Now I'm more convinced than ever that we are living in the Matrix. :thud:

psyop1sf

Where can i buy this rep...?

You can get them directly from me. I have an unlimited supply. The only down side is that all you get is a .max file in your e-mail :)

BigBuys

As an old tired Engineer, I am stunned at the level of realism, beyond my wildest dreams. You are the man!

mysterio

As an old tired Engineer, I am stunned at the level of realism, beyond my wildest dreams. You are the man!

Indeed. We used some 3D modeling software at work to make custom mechanical fixtures for fabrication but this is on a whole new level with the realism of the resulting images.

psyop1sf

Indeed. We used some 3D modeling software at work to make custom mechanical fixtures for fabrication but this is on a whole new level with the realism of the resulting images.

Our design and engineering work is still all done in parametric driven 2D and 3D CAD programs, Inventor, AutoCAD, and Catia mainly. Years ago, we used to use the rather crude rendering capabilities they possessed to produce product visualizations. We used to farm out more complex, or realistic, work to third party graphics and animation studios. These studios were very expensive (millions of dollars in some cases), and working with modelers and artist who had no mechanical or engineering knowledge caused all sorts of head aches and slow downs. Lots of back and forth, and unreasonable expectations and ideas from both sides.

That's what drove me to start learning CG. It was just too much of a pain is the ass, and too expensive, dealing with 3rd party studios. A lot of companies have figured out the same thing. Ikea, BMW, Motorola, Boeing, and hundreds of other major companies now have their own CG staff or departments.

Necromancer

I have no clue what I have just looked at or read about, but it looks very impressive - almost as good as Gazzla's photographs!