Sign in to follow this  
The astromaster

Help me pick a Submariner

The astromaster

Hello all. I would like to purchase a 116613 two tone sub.

I have narrowed it down to the

ROLSUB088A - 116613 Blue TT Sub 21J or the ROLSUB126A - 116613 Blue TT Sub Asian 2813. I don't know which is the more reliable movement. The New Breed Nickle Plated Asian 2813, Automatic Movement, Rolex Style Perforated Rotor or New Breed Nickle Plated Asian 2813, Automatic Movement, Rolex Style Perforated Rotor. Here are pics:

Screen_Shot_2017-07-16_at_10.30.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-07-16_at_10.30.38_PM.png

Sorry for the different fonts and color. Any help would be appreciated.

RepGuy

Here's my advice: Don't get either. Nothing screams "fake Rolex" like a cheap 2 tone sub with a low beat movement.

GenTLe

They have the same movement.

And I suggest to avoid it because it is visibly different from the gen in the motion of the second hand.

Go for an Asian 2836 or Miyota 9015 based one.

Also look at bottom of the page, below the miniature pictures, there is the moment it has been added to the catalogue. I think they are pretty old...

These are the ones to get:

http://www.ttw-1388....oducts_id=15601

or

http://www.ttw-1388....oducts_id=17428

The Astromaster1

What help do you need?

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=6930

I saw that but the movements in those watches weren't listed

Here's my advice: Don't get either. Nothing screams "fake Rolex" like a cheap 2 tone sub with a low beat movement.

Ya, I guess I'll save up for an Asian clone

The have the same movement.

And I suggest to avoid it because it is visibly different from the gen in the motion of the second hand.

Go for an Asian 2836 or Miyota 9015 based one.

Also look at bottom of the page, below the miniature pictures, there is the moment it has been added to the catalogue. I think they are pretty old...

These are the ones to get:

http://www.ttw-1388....oducts_id=15601

or

http://www.ttw-1388....oducts_id=17428

Gotta love the 9015

rawbaws

Lol wtf..

ciidlag

Lol wtf..

Building up from the bottom now I guess. :help3:

Chiquita Fanjita

Andyboy, you beat me to it :lol:

andyboy

Don`t worry Assholemaster2 will be along shortly :D

Chiquita Fanjita

Don`t worry Assholemaster2 will be along shortly :D

I'm waiting with baited breath mate :lol:

Dreichlerrrrrr

This is accurate...

mike_morgan

I'm waiting for an Assholemaster 2 sighting with the rest of you... the anticipation is killing me.

Lagger

I think he might already be here

Dreichlerrrrrr

If thats the same "New Nickel...." movement i just did some research on recently, then its not bad. Its actually a 2813 with the bph of a 25j (28800). Its just a high beat 2813. Should be pretty smooth, definitely better than a 2813 21j

mike_morgan

If thats the same "New Nickel...." movement i just did some research on recently, then its not bad. Its actually a 2813 with the bph of a 25j (28800). Its just a high beat 2813. Should be pretty smooth, definitely better than a 2813 21j

See that guy up there named GenTLe? Did ya see what he suggested? I kinda think you should pay attention to that because he knows what he's talking about.

GenTLe

That's crap. It is the "new breed" also called P(iece)O(f)S(hit) for serious reasons.

See that guy up there named GenTLe? Did ya see what he suggested? I kinda think you should pay attention to that because he knows what he's talking about.

Thanks mate :D

Dreichlerrrrrr

That's crap. It is the "new breed" also called P(iece)O(f)S(hit) for serious reasons.

What makes it so bad? I know the reliability is definitely not the best but the movement itself doesn't seem to be too bad. But then again, I don't know a WHOLE LOT about movements.

RepGuy

What makes it so bad? I know the reliability is definitely not the best but the movement itself doesn't seem to be too bad. But then again, I don't know a WHOLE LOT about movements.

Why would you want a watch with an unreliable movement? If the reliability is an issue, don't buy it.

mike_morgan

Why would you want a watch with an unreliable movement? If the reliability is an issue, don't buy it.

But it's smooth...

GenTLe

But it's smooth...

And, when it will break (and it will), you'll throw away the watch as it can't be fixed.

mike_morgan

But it's smooth...

And, when it will break (and it will), you'll throw away the watch as it can't be fixed.

You throw it away smoothly...

RUSH2112

I don't always get a submariner, but when I do I get the best one.