Sign in to follow this  
dave47

What's Your Opinion of This?? (Brain Picking Time)

dave47

Hi, Gang!

I need some feedback from you on this watch I bought and am now in the process of deciding to keep it or to send it back. It's by SO & CO New York and is a Rolex homage to their day/date watch. Blue dial and blue leather strap. It has some nice features & the day flicks over at midnight, while the day completes its change by about 3 a.m. 39mm in width (w/ crown) 12mm thick, it wears very comfortably on the wrist. I just can't decide to keep it or not; I'm not certain if I wear "colored" leather straps and such very well. I appreciate your perspectives. dave:

SOCO.BLUE.DAY.DATE.BLUE.LEATHER.STRAP%20008_zpsfsfisumh.jpg

SOCO.BLUE.DAY.DATE.BLUE.LEATHER.STRAP%20004_zpsnrwms5tw.jpg

SOCO.BLUE.DAY.DATE.BLUE.LEATHER.STRAP%20005_zpsolfs1ybz.jpg

SOCO.BLUE.DAY.DATE.BLUE.LEATHER.STRAP%20006_zps8arozprr.jpg

SOCO.BLUE.DAY.DATE.BLUE.LEATHER.STRAP%20007_zpspl8qzzst.jpg

SOCO.BLUE.DAY.DATE.BLUE.LEATHER.STRAP%20003_zpscqu2z6le.jpg

WatchDog21

I'm always a push over for a blue dial but I think a 39mm is a bit small on your wrist. Also, I wish they would not make their company name so pronounced on the dial, if it were more subdued I think it would look better.

NCRich

Logo is too pronounced for my taste. I am also a bracelet guy.

Thommo82
name='cmdErrX' timestamp='1500236152' post='2012631']I'm always a push over for a blue dial but I think a 39mm is a bit small on your wrist. Also, I wish they would not make their company name so pronounced on the dial, if it were more subdued I think it would look better.

Totally agree

Amac

I think a lot depends on how much it was and what's working inside it. The thing that is a little strange to me is how the day font is red and the date is black.

Thommo82
name='Amac' timestamp='1500257754' post='2012708']I think a lot depends on how much it was and what's working inside it. The thing that is a little strange to me is how the day font is red and the date is black.

It's traditional for Sunday to be red

All other days will be black

jimcon11

Looks good to me. I've never worn anything colored though because I feel like I would have to make my clothing match all the time.

philippe123

Sucks.

dave47

I think a lot depends on how much it was and what's working inside it. The thing that is a little strange to me is how the day font is red and the date is black.

TOMMO is correct regarding the RED for Sunday; the rest of the week names are BLACK.

TO TOMMO: THANKS for the help.

dave

greg_r

Honestly, the company logo would turn me off entirely. Personally I'd rather own a rep daydate

dave47

THANKS, gang, for the feedback!! I'm inclined to agree with those who believe the SO & CO name is too prominent on the dial. I suppose they want to make sure the watch isn't a ROLEX, heh! Some mates on RWI suggested a black strap instead, so before I send it back, I'll try black leather just to see. I DO like the blue dial, though, even if the blue strap clashes with my clothes, heh!

dave

RepGuy

The case and many parts may very well have come from the same factories that supply the rep makers, so you might as well get the rep and the less obnoxious logo :lol: