JohnCocktoastin

Omega New Release - The "Commander's Watch"

JohnCocktoastin

Having just purchased an Omega 300m SMP (and failing miserably at my attempt to patiently await its arrival) I've been checking a lot of pics online, and came across this new release the other day.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/omega-launches-the-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-commanders-watch-limited-edition

Not normally a big fan of white faces or gold watches, but the gold with the nato strap is quite appealing. Since I don't think I'll be able to afford throwing 28,000 CHF's (or UHF's or VHF's or WTF's) on a watch anytime soon, I'm wondering how long it will take Kuvarsit or ZF to rep this baby. Do any you know any TD's who have the inside scoop with them? I think a 007 watch would suit me well, esp. since I've had a license to kill* for years now.

goldcommander.jpg

Omega_commanders_caseback_with_steel_bracelet_2.jpg

Omega_Steel_bracelet.jpg

Omega_commander_s_watch.jpg

* License only for use with wife's mood.

Del

Believe it or not, I just saw this in an AD's window in Tenerife tonight! I hadn't seen this before so it caught my eye, especially in the 007 presentation box. Looked great.

LightGeek

Hmmmmmm looks nice. Must add to list.

JohnCocktoastin

Believe it or not, I just saw this in an AD's window in Tenerife tonight! I hadn't seen this before so it caught my eye, especially in the 007 presentation box. Looked great.

Wow that's a pretty quick rollout after only intro'ing it in London on less than 2 weeks ago. Sounds like Tenerife is similar to the Caribbean islands for us Yanks. Lots of duty free shops, e.g., Little Switzerland, where they keep a towel on hand to wipe the drool off the display cases. Cervezas and watches and guapas - oh my! Nice little holiday for the Del Boy.

wowsasb

I gotta say... I cannot stand that rotor... looks like the rotor you get on a cheap aliexpress rep...

Mr_B

Not a massive fan of the 007 theme... ...quite like the colour schemes though.

dave47

Having just purchased an Omega 300m SMP (and failing miserably at my attempt to patiently await its arrival) I've been checking a lot of pics online, and came across this new release the other day.

https://www.hodinkee...limited-edition

Not normally a big fan of white faces or gold watches, but the gold with the nato strap is quite appealing. Since I don't think I'll be able to afford throwing 28,000 CHF's (or UHF's or VHF's or WTF's) on a watch anytime soon, I'm wondering how long it will take Kuvarsit or ZF to rep this baby. Do any you know any TD's who have the inside scoop with them? I think a 007 watch would suit me well, esp. since I've had a license to kill* for years now.

goldcommander.jpg

Omega_commanders_caseback_with_steel_bracelet_2.jpg

Omega_Steel_bracelet.jpg

Omega_commander_s_watch.jpg

* License only for use with wife's mood.

VERY attractive!! This is a model I'll have to keep my eyes on.

dave

fatarms

The stainless steel one looks like it might be somewhat ok, the gold one looks ridiculous.

JohnCocktoastin

The stainless steel one looks like it might be somewhat ok, the gold one looks ridiculous.

Sir, you have insulted my honor! I demand satisfaction.

Homer_satisfaction.gif

fatarms
duel.gif

JohnCocktoastin
giphy.gif

greg_r

Gold watch? On a NATO?

michael-scott-no.gif

JohnCocktoastin

E-E-E-I-Doh! One of the...Best. Episodes. Ever.

...and my favorite part

giphy.gif

JohnCocktoastin

Gold watch? On a NATO?

michael-scott-no.gif

See? Greg likes it, too. :P

Griffo

I like it, just don't like 007 on stuff - I love bond, but don't want the branding on a watch.

NFleischer

Gold watch? On a NATO?

michael-scott-no.gif

Absolutely Chief! I don't like Nato at all personally.

I like the SS bracelet version and white face.

Daffy

I don't mind the 007 branding, because it makes me think about Ian Fleming. A real badass if there ever was one.

JohnCocktoastin

I like it, just don't like 007 on stuff - I love bond, but don't want the branding on a watch.

I kind of agree with that. This one is at least a little discreet with the face only showing the second hand 007 as opposed to some of the other Bond Omegas. It's not like people would look at it on my wrist and think I'm some James Bond wannabe. Plus I'd only wear it with my white tuxedo while drinking my vodka martini and aiming my Walther PPK all over the place.

narikaa

Gold watch? On a NATO?

michael-scott-no.gif

If you are juvenile enough to go with '007'

much else matters little

I would have thought

SuperbMonster

First picture looks like a medal Gaddafi would be proud of.

article-2070779-064182F9000005DC-102_306x345.jpg

Nickfive

Like it, on the bracelet.

black263

Sir, you have insulted my honor! I demand satisfaction.

Homer_satisfaction.gif

Take yourself in hand. That should be satisfying enough.

RepGuy

I really like the gold, although that seems to be a minority opinion. If they offered a gold model with matching bracelet I think it would look great.

Griffo

I kind of agree with that. This one is at least a little discreet with the face only showing the second hand 007 as opposed to some of the other Bond Omegas. It's not like people would look at it on my wrist and think I'm some James Bond wannabe. Plus I'd only wear it with my white tuxedo while drinking my vodka martini and aiming my Walther PPK all over the place.

Just seems tacky to me. Like something children would have :rofl: Not sure how to explain what i'm trying to say...

Khronos

I just threw up in my mouth a little...

Maybe if James Bond was a clown...what a monstrosity..