Sign in to follow this  
dman535

5512 Oyster Band Pin Broken. Fix or Replace ?

dman535

The pin that holds the lock on my oyster band lost its head, on my JKF 5512. Should I just replace the band or is this something that a local watch shop would fix? Should I be concerned taking a watch like this into a place to have it serviced? Cheaper to just buy a new bracelet than to have it fixed?

Thanks

D.-

band.jpg

ElvisFreak

super easy fix for a watchsmiths

while your concern is legit, its also very cute....

Edited by ElvisFreak

narikaa

Any watchsmith will fix this, with a solid pin that will still be functioning long after you no longer are.

Daffy

You might want to get a backhoe in there to clean up some of that topsoil first. :P

dman535

LOL.

Found a local guy said he would charge $20 for a new pin, can buy a new band for $25.

This is my daily wear beater watch - its sees lots of dirt and is due for a clean and polish :)

Diver Dave

That's actually w common problem on the gens. They wear the hole oblong and then the pin head pulls thru. Replacing the pin is a pain in the ass as they are riveted over and it's hard to do on such a small diameter pin without bending it. You can google how to repair the gens and get many results. The pins are cheap and can be bought from Startime Supply.