Davesjourney

Something wrong...?

Davesjourney

Apart from the obvious character flaws, the fact that am not a multi millionaire & live way oop North in Halifax, UK - I think there's something else wrong.

Whilst I love the look of Rolex subs, various Omega's and a lot of 'classic' Pateks.....why the hell don't I seem to 'get' Pam's or PP Nautilus/Aquanauts??!!

I fair swoon over VC's, ogle at PP 5227's/5970's, gasp at some JLC's, not to mention a certain Mod's AP Montauk....what is it with Pams and PP Nautilus/Aquanaut that others rave about?

I know I hate the sight of square faced watches, I just don't like the aesthetic of those, but none of these are. I appreciate everyone's tastes is their own, but am I missing something about these 3 models? Their pics just don't get my tinkle fizzing like other above mentioned models do. Certainly not enough to pull the trigger to see what the fuss is about and try them.

Might have to wait until I can get to another RWG GTG and hope that some of you lovely folk might bring some and look to educate me!

Hey ho - back to slurping over 5227's...

Robin195959
Apart from the obvious character flaws, the fact that am not a multi millionaire & live way oop North in Halifax, UK - I think there's something else wrong.

Whilst I love the look of Rolex subs, various Omega's and a lot of 'classic' Pateks.....why the hell don't I seem to 'get' Pam's or PP Nautilus/Aquanauts??!!

I fair swoon over VC's, ogle at PP 5227's/5970's, gasp at some JLC's, not to mention a certain Mod's AP Montauk....what is it with Pams and PP Nautilus/Aquanaut that others rave about?

I know I hate the sight of square faced watches, I just don't like the aesthetic of those, but none of these are. I appreciate everyone's tastes is their own, but am I missing something about these 3 models? Their pics just don't get my tinkle fizzing like other above mentioned models do. Certainly not enough to pull the trigger to see what the fuss is about and try them.

Might have to wait until I can get to another RWG GTG and hope that some of you lovely folk might bring some and look to educate me!

Hey ho - back to slurping over 5227's...

I'm with you. But respect the other guys tastes too. Can't help feeling they'd be a lot less popular if they didn't sell for tens of thousands?

On that note put Richard Mille top of the 'they saw you coming' list

I like Calatrava style simplicity at any price and my collection reflects it.

Just MHO.

Davesjourney

After discussing with the font of all PP knowledge and all round PP oracle that is DC, a 5227 is next on my TD purchase list.

Richard Mille.....meh.

RUSH2112

It's your journey dave, enjoy what you like.

austinsom

You haven't been here long enough to get a PAM. I didn't like them when I joined. I now have two :lol:

You will end up with a PAM ;)

Mr Stubbs

The pillow-shaped case of the classic Panerai is a thing of beauty.

And it's like a woman's breast in your hand... not everyone loves boobs. I sure do.

A Richard Mille is like a beautiful woman, but in clown makeup.

I'm trying to overcome my fear of clowns by wearing them. :lol:

Davesjourney

It's your journey dave, enjoy what you like.

It is, I just think that I should enjoy these classics somehow

You haven't been here long enough to get a PAM. I didn't like them when I joined. I now have two :lol:

You will end up with a PAM ;)

Ha! It's always a poss!

The pillow-shaped case of the classic Panerai is a thing of beauty.

And it's like a woman's breast in your hand... not everyone loves boobs. I sure do.

A Richard Mille is like a beautiful woman, but in clown makeup.

I'm trying to overcome my fear of clowns by wearing them. :lol:

Top chuckle. Boobs, you say? Hmmm....

JohnG

Most people´s tastes change and/or expand over time, mine sure did.

What you love now might be very different from what you love in five years. :)

What got me loving PAMs were the straps, until I saw a bunch of glamour shots from Strap Culture´s website I didn´t get Panerais either. And then Panerais in turn got me more into straps.... :lol:

Chiquita Fanjita

Yip tastes change. When I first joined it was Rolex and Omega I liked, then dabbled in a few others, then the PAM bug hit and I had 9 at one point, although down to just two now. After that the AP itch started and again think I had 8 or 9 at one point but have thinned them down a bit now, although very much doubt that Montauk will be going anywhere :lol: I've now gone full circle and liking a lot more Rolex models again, but try to have a varied collection as there are models from various brands that get me.

As for the Nautilus, I had one before and sold it as I preferred how it looked off my wrist than on it, although the wife did get me a 5980r for my birthday last year which I have a love/hate relationship with. I love it and it hates me :(

JohnG

I've now gone full circle and liking a lot more Rolex models again,

Me too, I started with the Rolex SD, then for years didn´t have any, now I have a ceramic sub, milgauss, and plan on getting the new Oyster Perpetual. :wub:

JohnG

I mean, look at this :fme:

Rolex-oyster-perpetual-39-JR-3.jpg

Chiquita Fanjita

I've now gone full circle and liking a lot more Rolex models again,

Me too, I started with the Rolex SD, then for years didn´t have any, now I have a ceramic sub, milgauss, and plan on getting the new Oyster Perpetual. :wub:

Very similar to me mate. Started with a DSSD that led me to this place, then eventually sold it and didn't have any and now got a couple of Subs and a GMT IIc, but fancy a load more as you can see from my wishlist :D

Davesjourney

Ta for all the helpful comments above

Will see if anyone going to the Yorkshire GTG in Sept might be good enough to bring along any PAMs and PP Nautilius/Aquanauts so I can see/feel (oo-er missus) and poss try on in person

Chiquita Fanjita

This is lovely, but would have to be the grape dial for me :wub:

Davesjourney

Jeez... that's nice!!!!

greg_r

Hey, I didn't 'get' PAMs either at first. I bought one out of sheer curiosity to see what the fuss was all about. I ended up with over 20 of the damn things before I managed to get that particular addiction under control.... Mebbe y0u're better off not liking PAMs? :P

... but as the others say: tastes do change... :)

Davesjourney

Hey, I didn't 'get' PAMs either at first. I bought one out of sheer curiosity to see what the fuss was all about. I ended up with over 20 of the damn things before I managed to get that particular addiction under control.... Mebbe y0u're better off not liking PAMs? :P

... but as the others say: tastes do change... :)

Bloody hell! Zero to 20!!??

RussP

I've been here a few years...............and I still don't like PAM's.

But then, I've got slender wrists......................so it's date-just like dimensions for me.

Oh and the 36mm Calatrava.

9244703020_161b899894_b.jpg

And one of these that you don't get (yet)28466068983_be47644032_b.jpg

ShovelnTC

I came here years ago with the usual new guy lust for a Rollie Sub and my first Rep was a BK Sub and after those years of buying and selling and trying many brands and styles I have now matured to the sophisticated experienced collector and find that my favorite watch is a Rollie Sub.

Could have myself a lot of time and money.

Davesjourney
:giggle:

SuperbMonster

Ta for all the helpful comments above

Will see if anyone going to the Yorkshire GTG in Sept might be good enough to bring along any PAMs and PP Nautilius/Aquanauts so I can see/feel (oo-er missus) and poss try on in person

If I happen to make it I will bring one of each Radiomir, Luminor & Luminor 1950 for you to play with.

Just need to get permission from the boss and hire a translator :giggle:

Davesjourney

You'll only need a translator the more pissed we get....so maybe bring 2...!

Davesjourney

So I started this post off by me 'not getting PAM's'.  Some of the great responses were, "you will get a PAM"...

So...of course....I got a PAM....!

Love it.

Seems like my illness my have been only temporary, although am still not keen or sold on PP Aquanauts or Nautiluseseses...

36929343692_230141f580_c.jpg

Genius
On 21/07/2017 at 09:18, JohnG said:

So.... You bought one yet?

You been raving about it since it was released

Davesjourney

No  but bought one of these.  Am just loving the non fluted bezel on this

36932596892_699efcb496_c.jpg