Sign in to follow this  
aries.leung

anyone knows where i could get a franken ? or who sells it ? Thanks

aries.leung

I am quite new at this whole watch game, i heard there was a tc or something like that. Again really new at this.

BadPickle

It's not a game mate, it's a disease :lol:

What are you looking for? Brand wise I mean..... omega? Rolex?

splke

Best Sub ?

TC was but now retired so maybe BK (check our trusted dealers)

cheers

Daffy

I am quite new at this whole watch game, i heard there was a tc or something like that. Again really new at this.

A "franken" is verbal shorthand for a Frankenstein. A watch put together with a mix of new and old parts from dead watches. Some people throw a gen Panerai strap on a rep and call it a "franken". Others build almost genuine Rolexes from used cases, movements, dials, hands, etc. all sourced from myriad places.

Wriggles

A franken what exactly? Nobody in general sells frankens as such, they are built by members for themselves or on their behalf by modders, and only come up in M2M if they decide to sell for any particular reason.

TC is not doing any work anymore, and they weren't really frankens.

Curious as to why you want a Franken when you aren't really clear on what that is

Daffy

It's like you are asking to buy a collector car, instead of naming a brand.

brang1
15612139-Frankenstein-s-Monster-Stock-Photo-cartoon.jpg

aries.leung

HAHAHA, i have a really great rolex datejust roman markers 116234 i bought from perfect clones. I really like it and it looks really good close to a 1:1. However i feel if i could get a gen dial, it might look even better.

aries.leung

Best Sub ?

TC was but now retired so maybe BK (check our trusted dealers)

cheers

Right, okay thank you :)

Edited by aries.leung

Daffy

HAHAHA, i have a really great rolex datejust roman markers 116234 i bought from perfect clones. I really like it and it looks really good close to a 1:1. However i feel if i could get a gen dial, it might look even better.

http://www.ebay.com

BigBuys

Who's been handing out the nice pills? Noob questions without obvious search would have drawn a firestorm in earlier times.

brang1

Who's been handing out the nice pills? Noob questions without obvious search would have drawn a firestorm in earlier times.

you're right, what the fuck are we doing... fuck off twat USE THE SEARCH

those pills wear off quickly it seems

aries.leung
On 24/07/2017 at 21:26, brang1 said:
On 24/07/2017 at 21:24, BigBuys said:

you're right, what the fuck are we doing... fuck off twat USE THE SEARCH

those pills wear off quickly it seems

LOL i was asking a question fucker, i was not trying to waste anybody's time in the first place.

Edited by aries.leung

splke

ok yes well have a look on ebay as Daffy said and find the dial you like the look of there are many !

then contact one of our Trusted repair guys and they will quote you for fitting it

WatchDog21
A "franken" is verbal shorthand for a Frankenstein. A watch put together with a mix of new and old parts from dead watches. Some people throw a gen Panerai strap on a rep and call it a "franken". Others build almost genuine Rolexes from used cases, movements, dials, hands, etc. all sourced from myriad places.

That is probably the best description of a franken I have seen :thumbsup2:

aries.leung

ok yes well have a look on ebay as Daffy said and find the dial you like the look of there are many !

then contact one of our Trusted repair guys and they will quote you for fitting it

Ok will do. Much thanks yea :)

Sifu Whitey

If you go to the M2M watch sales section you'll see an example of a franken with a bunch of gen parts mixed with some rep parts in a sales thread I had posted for a franken Rolex Day Date (now withdrawn).  It'll give you an idea of just one example.  Here's the link:

If the pics aren't available because of the Photobucket debacle, just private message me and I can message you some pics so you can see.  No doubt if you search around though, there are plenty of good examples.