Sign in to follow this  
Griffo

Why Do Factories Stop Making a Watch?

Griffo

I've been looking for an Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial (I have a WTB out for it too) but no TDs currently have it, and Mary informed me that the factory stopped making it.

Why is this?

Is it as obvious as it's just not a popular model (the thing is stunning, so i can't see why this would be the case)? Or maybe a new version on the horizon?

This is the beauty:

SE_Seamaster300_23330412101001_VueC_1600x900.jpg

onzenuub

Why did Ferrari stop te production of the F50?

WatchDog21
23627907255_7bb6bec71b_n.jpg

RepGuy

It may be that parts dried up. Rep factories are more of the project manager/assembler. They place orders with legitimate factories who are willing to make the parts, and then gather everything and assemble it for sale. If one or more factories stop supplying parts for some reason, the production stops unless they can get another supplier on board.

narikaa

Stop thinking 'production' and instead, think 'run'

Each financed and carried out in 'isolation'

Griffo
Stop thinking 'production' and instead, think 'run'

Each financed and carried out in 'isolation'

Ah, I see! So like batches of x amount are made and then that's it (unless they decide to make another "batch".

I genuinely thought they were just constantly making these watches :rofl:

Daffy

Usually, if you have to ask "Why do they", or "Why don't they", the answer is almost always 'Money'.

narikaa

And

Whilst you might think that 'xyz' watch is the raving dogs bollocks and universally popular

Wan Long Pee and his piggy bank may not share your optimism :giggle:

TRANSPORTER

Well they need to bloody start making the brietling SOA again, still no luck in getting one, was hoping to have one for a holiday watch, 3 weeks to go!

porschespeedster

because reps are more 'limited edition' than gens

Left Coast Guy

Always good wisdom from Narikaa.....

TRANSPORTER

Yes but not even narikka does the SOA, jeez even Toro can't supply either or Silix!

narikaa

So (for the hard of reading) that will be because the financiers of production runs don't see the merits in funding them

ag69
So (for the hard of reading) that will be because the financiers of production runs don't see the merits in funding them

Which means supply and demand. Demand goes down, supply goes down or stops.

GenTLe

Hopefully the next generation will come out with Miyota 9015 (or the a2892 or eventually the a2824) instead of the non-hacking, low beat, not direct driven second hand Miyota 8215!

If it will happen I'll buy one.

OP: have you noticed this one? Linking to a RWI TD, but all TDs can get it: https://www.intime01.co/omega/3992-seamaster-300-master-co-axial-liquidmetal-jhf-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a8400.html

and it's new, so it' is available for sure.

Kaiser

Hopefully the next generation will come out with Miyota 9015 (or the a2892 or eventually the a2824) instead of the non-hacking, low beat, not direct driven second hand Miyota 8215!

OP: have you noticed this one? Linking to a RWI TD, but all TDs can get it: https://www.intime01...elet-a8400.html

It doesn't appear to be be the best version, the indices are raised on this one instead of sunken...

GenTLe

OP: have you noticed this one? Linking to a RWI TD, but all TDs can get it: https://www.intime01...elet-a8400.html

It doesn't appear to be be the best version, the indices are raised on this one instead of sunken...

Yes, and it has a poor pearl, probably that's the reason of the price...

Griffo

Silix say they've got a quantity of 15, so i'll give them a shout.

Watch Outlet say they can get it, but i said i don't want to order without TD services/guarantees, so they said to order through PureTime. I already asked PureTime if they have it 2 days before and they said no :rofl:

Someone's fibbing somewhere... Definitely not putting in an order from Watch Outlet if PureTime say they can't get it...