Sign in to follow this  
daveo

Omega Planet Ocean Movement

daveo

Hi all

i am looking at a planet ocean super clone and have found one online, i asked what movement it had and he replied it has the 8500 movement, is this not omegas movement, i have searched it and it seems to show originals

thanks dave

Daffy

Hi all

i am looking at a planet ocean super clone and have found one online, i asked what movement it had and he replied it has the 8500 movement, is this not omegas movement, i have searched it and it seems to show originals

thanks dave

It means that they have "gussied up" an asian movement to LOOK like the Omega.

RUSH2112
Hi all

thanks dave

Where online and who is "he?"

daveo

Thanks for the replys

found him through gumtree and he is from the aberdeen area

seems quite helpful but after joining this site you start to read whats is what.

perfect clone has a few nice ones and they seem to be highly rated

trying to choose between chrono and non chrono in the same model like them both so i thought the movement may decide

thanks dave

Left Coast Guy

Please do not buy from this random scammer off gumtree.....PLEASE!!!

RUSH2112
Thanks for the replys

found him through gumtree and he is from the aberdeen area

seems quite helpful but after joining this site you start to read whats is what.

perfect clone has a few nice ones and they seem to be highly rated

trying to choose between chrono and non chrono in the same model like them both so i thought the movement may decide

thanks dave

He's already lied to you once that we know of.

daveo

Thanks guys for the advice...

I think i will stick with perfect clones then but still waiting a reply but then again they may be busy.

can i post the two watches i am looking at

Edited by daveo

Daffy

Thanks guys for the advice...

I think i will stick with perfect clones then but still waiting a reply but then again they may be busy.

can i post the two watches i am looking at

No reason why not!

Also, you just hit five posts, so now you can see the Member 2 Member sales forum. You might find what you are looking for there.

wdev

Nice watches. That 43,5mm looks quite allright

Good of you to conclude not to take the Gumtree route. Either the seller is scamming or he is dumb. In both cases you dont want to deal with such.

Good luck on the search (it is the best part :D )

daveo

yes i am 50/50 on them, not sure if i should go for the chrono or not

are these clones that good that you would have to take it off your wrist for someone to tell that its a clone

what gives them away visually

Genius
yes i am 50/50 on them, not sure if i should go for the chrono or not

are these clones that good that you would have to take it off your wrist for someone to tell that its a clone

what gives them away visually

No one's ever gonna tell with any of them whilst on your wrist

daveo

Thanks that's good enough for me,

ok so lets start with the movements

whats the best as i think i read in one of the posts that you don't get swiss movements or they are refurbed

Nickle Plated Swiss Eta 2824-2 Automatic movement, 28800bph, 25J, Decorated Insignia Rotor, All Markings of Omega 8900 Calibre Present

Asia 7750 Automatic Chronograph Movement , Functional Chronograph, 28800bph ,Modified with Original Calibre 9900 Bridges and Engravings

At the end of the day its a watch and i want it to be reliable

wdev

Almost all Swiss are refurbished and have Asian clone parts im them. That wouldn't be my choice. Save some money and go for Asian ETA clones

Asian hi-beat ETA clones are mostly very good. I never had problems with mine.

Don't have experience on A7750 though

GL

golfa

Just had an "interesting" experience with Perfect Clones. Ordered and paid for a watch. I was sent some Quality Control pictures and it definitely wasn't same quality as the one in the pictures on the website. The pearl on the bezel was touching the bottom V of the triangle (which after reading threads on here, it's an issue with early models) and the watch movement was different. When I said I wasn't happy and pointed out both those differences, the reply I got was that he'd sold over 200 of those watches and no one else had complained. And somehow it seemed as if it was my fault I didn't like what he was going to send me. Now I don't know about you but if you advertise something with pictures, that's what I expect to get.

And as a parting shot, he made sure to tell me that in order to send me some pics of the watch he was going to send me, he had to pay for it first. Do I care that he's now stuck with a dog of a watch ? Hell no.

Diver Dave

And as a parting shot, he made sure to tell me that in order to send me some pics of the watch he was going to send me, he had to pay for it first. Do I care that he's now stuck with a dog of a watch ? Hell no.

Nothing like hijacking a thread with your third post....

As to the above ^^:

The TD's buy on spec for clients (us). My TD has me pay in advance, and if a watch doesn't meet QC she just goes back to the market to exchange it with another until it's right.

Suggest developing relationships, building bridges and not burning them.

daveo

Almost all Swiss are refurbished and have Asian clone parts im them. That wouldn't be my choice. Save some money and go for Asian ETA clones

GL

thanks for your advice.

Genius

GL

thanks for your advice.

There's a lot of bad "press" on A7750 movement but I've had a few faulty reps but never an A7750 all of them I've had always worked

daveo

ok i am going for the chrono with the box from perfect clone but the price has jumped up to $489 usd now

dave