Sign in to follow this  
Genius

Wish I could put a watch on and just wear it.... Got too many watches

Genius

I've somehow settled on a sensible number of 36 watches. 36 good watches that is (I also have a box of g shocks random casios and other cheapies) and it's taken a while of refining the collection and tweaking (buying one and selling a few to fund it etc) to get down to this number.

Problem is I struggled to get down to this few watches but I know it's too many.

I remember when I once wore a watch for 6 months straight (maybe even longer) sleep shower everything and I kinda miss it, only having to take it off on months without 31 days.

I have better watches than that one, many better watches but I can't wear one more than a couple of days otherwise I miss out on wearing another, there's not enough days in a month to wear all my watches a day each, none of them get the wear they deserve. But if I try and give one more wrist time I take it away from another...

I envy younger me with just one nice watch not having to think about what watch to put on today...

I blame the Chinese! Making excellent watches cheaply available to the masses. I also blame greg_r and Trailboss maintaining this platform for me to learn about these Chinese masterpieces available for pennies on the pound...

Please everyone club together to pay for the corrective surgery I need to add an extra 18 pairs of arms so I have enough wrists to make all my watches a daily.

Thanks for reading

Ps where did I leave my pills?????

Genius

I swear when I started writing that it all made sense and there was a point to it. Can't remember what it was though

rawbaws

I used to change my watch every day, sometimes twice now I wear them for a week at a time usually. And now I've pretty much convinced myself that I could ditch them all and be very happy with just one gen 116600 and another beater for beach use.

Edited by rawbaws

psantos1091

I wish I had your problem lol :notworthy:

WatchDog21
:lol: I know the feeling. I no sooner whittled down the collection to about 35 and the bug hit and its back to pushing 50 :facepalm:

ellistyle1

While I only ever had half your current number in my collection at my peak, I felt similarly. Now as of my most recent purge, I have 5 pieces. I believe I am turning a corner and I am nearly satiated....however I continuously refresh the m2m threads to see what's new.

dave47

I've somehow settled on a sensible number of 36 watches. 36 good watches that is (I also have a box of g shocks random casios and other cheapies) and it's taken a while of refining the collection and tweaking (buying one and selling a few to fund it etc) to get down to this number.

Problem is I struggled to get down to this few watches but I know it's too many.

I remember when I once wore a watch for 6 months straight (maybe even longer) sleep shower everything and I kinda miss it, only having to take it off on months without 31 days.

I have better watches than that one, many better watches but I can't wear one more than a couple of days otherwise I miss out on wearing another, there's not enough days in a month to wear all my watches a day each, none of them get the wear they deserve. But if I try and give one more wrist time I take it away from another...

I envy younger me with just one nice watch not having to think about what watch to put on today...

I blame the Chinese! Making excellent watches cheaply available to the masses. I also blame greg_r and Trailboss maintaining this platform for me to learn about these Chinese masterpieces available for pennies on the pound...

Please everyone club together to pay for the corrective surgery I need to add an extra 18 pairs of arms so I have enough wrists to make all my watches a daily.

Thanks for reading

Ps where did I leave my pills?????

You have my sympathy, but due to my recklessness and easy seduction by those mentioned plus GREAT TDs and the 'Gate, I have well north of a hundred; and it's like a bad waltz: sell some to lower the amount; buy a few more because I liked what I saw and WANTED THEM!!

dave

k3rm87

I have 8 and still have this feeling everyday. Maybe I need to get it down to 4!!

Dreichlerrrrrr

Do you stick to a particular movement or do you buy different movements?

Lagger

A sensible 36! Haha you did realise that is not sensible at all!

I have 10 and feel that is far too many and often think which ones I could get rid of, but these represent years of buying and selling and I'm happy with all of them.

I do often think about selling them and getting a gen tag, and keeping my SD, Pam 1312, and 15400 on leather........but then I would miss my hulk(second one) hublot black magic, sea master, Tudor black bay, and aqua terra on leather,,,,,,I think it's actually a mental problem

MetalMickey

36! I'll take some off your hands (I usually do :D )

GC

Ha! I have 15ish and can't decide...

Not Quite Dead

Yep definiteley a mental problem. i am in gen (seiko) mode at this time and arguing with myself whether I need another monster to go with the three existing, well it may snow this winter and I would need to co-ordinate. Surgery is definitely a possible solution and you could go with armlets rather than the full job. As long as the wrist is available you do not need the full length. T shirts ather than formal shirts would make it work.

ticktockmydickdoc

I knew this hobby could potentially get out of hand for me so I purchased a watch box to fit 4. That's all I get. If I order another one, one in the box goes on sale.

Purposefully did that to control myself.

Edited by ticktockmydickdoc

Davesjourney

I knew this hobby could potentially get out of hand for me so I purchased a watch box to fit 4. That's all I get. If I order another one, one in the box goes on sale.

Then it'll be an 8 space box, then a 12 then 20, then 24.....etc

Genius

Then it'll be an 8 space box, then a 12 then 20, then 24.....etc

:rofl: yeah remember when I got my first watch box. It had 6 spaces but I only had three good watches, and everything since has become a spiral of addiction

splke

sell them all bar one or 2 gens then with the big wedge buy 1 or 2 expensive gens

you then have 3 boss grail gens and I have a TC :)

greg_r

Yeah, I can't seem to keep my collection much below 40 either - although I don't really fret about which watch I wear on a particular day. I just open a watchbox and pick up the first one that takes my fancy - anything that doesn't get worn eventually goes to be replaced by something else...

Foxindebox

I'm also in a similar situation... I've totted up the ones I could bear to part with and it roughly adds up to £2k

I'm going to have a long hard think about selling up and buying another nice gen I think (maybe a birth year datejust 2 tone).

narikaa

Your mistake is in thinking you have to wear them all ;)

Buy/Collect/Accumulate for the mixed and many esoteric reasons that drive you. But don't let the 'oh but how can I wear them all' fairy whispering in your ear stop you.

A collector of fighting knives with cabinets full of fashioned steel, won't be found pacing the floor at night worrying how to get into enough knife fights :giggle:

MAJ75

Buy/Collect/Accumulate for the mixed and many esoteric reasons that drive you. But don't let the 'oh but how can I wear them all' fairy whispering in your ear stop you.

A collector of fighting knives with cabinets full of fashioned steel, won't be found pacing the floor at night worrying how to get into enough knife fights :giggle:

The usual erudite response expected from you Reg....

An interesting alternate view.......

narikaa

I've been racking my brain trying to recall who it was way back when in early forum days who accumulated vast numbers of reps and tacked them all onto his stairway wall - as a living horological kinda wallpaper :)

greg_r

Hehe good point. My primary reason for trying to keep the numbers down is simply that I've run out of room for watchboxes :lol:

narikaa

Hehe good point. My primary reason for trying to keep the numbers down is simply that I've run out of room for watchboxes :lol:

Go the wallpaper route :giggle:

splke

Mine is our lass ! she gives me so much grief about it thats why i keep flipping them :lol:

I got it down to 1 watch box a few monhts ago but i have just spilled into the 3rd again :(