Sign in to follow this  
kisomen

Preferred payment option?

BadPickle
For me, WU is a 30 second walk to our local corner shop. Cash on the counter and no questions.

Which one? The only one I know of is on Midland Road and I'm not walking down there.

Sainsbury's do it now, much more civilised than some flea ridden corner shop.

onionbag
For me, WU is a 30 second walk to our local corner shop. Cash on the counter and no questions.

Which one? The only one I know of is on Midland Road and I'm not walking down there.

Sainsbury's do it now, much more civilised than some flea ridden corner shop.

Tssk

An inherent part of our shared kulture , those corner shops where you can be ripped off 'conveniently'.

RussP

I use western union, often the TD gives you discount cos you pay the fees, a short stroll to the outlet with a fistful of cash and it's a job well done..... plus exercise so it's a double winner :D

Stu,

You referring to the TD getting exercise or yourself?

WU can be done via a computer.............no exercise at all.

Or you can refer to the adage " Let your fingers do the walking "

black263

Corner shop on Foster Hill Road. You in Bedford?

SuperbMonster

Corner shop on Foster Hill Road. You in Bedford?

I sure am. Not too far from your house actually :)

Town or park end of Foster Hill? I can't place a shop on there.

kisomen

Driver Dave I'm trying to become such member, or at least someone, who is trustworthy. :) By the way... anyone from Hungary around here? I would like to know there experience with our so loved NAV. :) Naturaly aboutcustom experience...so far I had no issue with them, when I bought something from abroad.

BadApple
Screenshot_20170730-104250.png

BadPickle

I use western union, often the TD gives you discount cos you pay the fees, a short stroll to the outlet with a fistful of cash and it's a job well done..... plus exercise so it's a double winner :D

Stu,

You referring to the TD getting exercise or yourself?

WU can be done via a computer.............no exercise at all.

Or you can refer to the adage " Let your fingers do the walking "

Both getting exercise!! Call me old fashioned, but getting your fat arse off the couch, doin a bit of exercise is actually good for you :P

Plus- if I take cash down the WU shop the bank can't refuse the payment like it did when I tried to set up an on line account, Lloyds bank wouldn't authorise my card for international money transfer.

Stick to what works :thumbsup2:

kisomen

Actualy I never tried to send money from my bankaccount to abroad, but probably I'll try that instead. :)

At least I'll see that is that truth that they are claiming about this type of account. :)

ciidlag

Actualy I never tried to send money from my bankaccount to abroad, but probably I'll try that instead. :)

At least I'll see that is that truth that they are claiming about this type of account. :)

I've done it couple of times and its fairly quick and easy. The only downside depending which bank you have is that they might charge quite high transaction fees. For example I bought a rep and paid via bank wire transfer, I had to pay 27,50€ for the transaction fee. Never used WU before but what i've read its significally lower than I had now. Too bad I was too lazy to start seting up an account online or walk into a WU shop. Will probably try WU next time considering that most of the TD's give you 5-10% lower prices.

But yeah, since you had the premium account I would probably use that one. You have to buy couple of reps and see what is your cup of tea ;)

Edited by ciidlag

kisomen

Thr bank said that the transaction fee is 0.3% max 6000HUF (cca 18EUR). My only concern is the exchange fee... I must admit I never sent money to another country. Does the TDs accept EUR transfer? Or can I choose in which currency I want to pay? How did You did it ciidlag?

ciidlag

Thr bank said that the transaction fee is 0.3% max 6000HUF (cca 18EUR). My only concern is the exchange fee... I must admit I never sent money to another country. Does the TDs accept EUR transfer? Or can I choose in which currency I want to pay? How did You did it ciidlag?

Atleast on my bank transfer when I make transactions overseas I have the option to choose on which currency I want to pay it. Then it automaticly calculates your EUR amount using the banks current exchange for the chosen currency.

Edited by ciidlag

kisomen

And You need the IBAN number?

kisomen

About Your experience... Does most of the TDs accept the bank transfer?

ciidlag

And You need the IBAN number?

Nope. You need the TD's account details which you will use when doing the transaction. Should include receiver's name, bank account number, Swift code/clearing code, and usually the specific bank address details.

Regarding to your question if all of them accept, I am not sure about that. What I've noticed that most of them have listed that option on their websites. If you choose that option they will come back to you with an email with all the details required to make the wire transfer.

kisomen

Did You had ever any problem with the transaction? For example the bank refused to do the transaction?

ciidlag

Haven't had that kind of problem so far. Not sure though if you would be doing multiple transactions in a very short period of time if they would get interested of what is going on. But yeah I would prefer using PP because its the easiest way, but no can do since most of the TD's dont accept it, and if they do its usually for only the long-term and trusted members.

kisomen

I would do that probably three or four times a year, I don't earn that good to buy replicas every week. :)

One more question. How long does it take (usualy) to the clearance of the transfer?

ciidlag

Well it usually depends on the bank. My bank says they will clear it in 1-4 bank days but for example my last transaction was done in hours.Then it will take some time until the receiver will get the money. Rough estimate would be couple days as well.

kisomen

That sounds okay. :)

Well, I must thank You all, but mostly for You ciidlag for the answers. Now I know with which payment option will choose. :)

Thank You again guys for Your help.

ciidlag

Your'e welcome, glad to help you out! Good luck on your rep hunt :B):