Sign in to follow this  
markeym3

The new Rolex 43mm sea dweller odd looking bezel.....

markeym3

Hi Folks,

Although I am not a big Rolex fan I have been enjoying wearing my SD4000 Seadweller.

It feels that bit bigger than a sub.

When I heard that the 43mm version of the Sea Dweller was being released I was looking forward to seeing it.

I know I can buy a Deep Sea but have always found these top heavy .

My concern about the new 43mm Sea Dweller is that any pictures from the dealers the bezel looks odd , the shape of the numbers appear deformed.

Does anyone have one of these ?

Here is a link to show what I mean..

http://www.pf-818.co...ack-a-2836.html

Cheers

Edited by markeym3

Undinist

I'm no expert but from what I've read here you shouldn't expect too much from a $250 rep. Good Sub reps cost $400 for a reason. AFAIK there aren't any good 1:1 reps of the 43mm SD available yet. Maybe you just have to wait if you want something convincing.

markeym3

I'm no expert but from what I've read here you shouldn't expect too much from a $250 rep. Good Sub reps cost $400 for a reason. AFAIK there aren't any good 1:1 reps of the 43mm SD available yet. Maybe you just have to wait if you want something convincing.

No I disagree ,,

The sea dweller (40mm) looks great and also the subs around this price range are good too, ok not perfect but very good.

My issue with this 43mm sea dweller is that the bezel font looks very odd , very skinny .

considering that the progress of these reps have come on in leaps over the years I have been into this hobby , I am surprised that the bezel on this new sd looks so odd..and also how the Deep Sea bezel now looks so good just wonder why this model looks not so good..

It has been thoroughly covered here:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1

Yeah I just saw the thread didn't see anyone talk about the bezel font....

Edited by markeym3

Lagger

That does look better the pearl isn't as high by the looks of it, but still not right and the numbers look creamy in colour

Mr_B

It's cheap, and it looks it. The date-wheel font looks iffy and the bezel insert looks like an old noob v2 with the off white markers

markeym3

It's cheap, and it looks it. The date-wheel font looks iffy and the bezel insert looks like an old noob v2 with the off white markers

Yeah I agree with both of you , could have been better .. maybe the V2,3,4,5,6 etc will be better :giggle:

Left Coast Guy

Yeah, this is kind of a garbage comment......the dealers charge the most of the newest reps, sometimes they're better.....sometime they're not. You really need to do the work and research model to model.

Undinist

OK, thanks.

dappel08

If you are referring to the "Inward Slant" the top of the numbers then you should checkout some pictures of the Gen Version.  If you notice when you look at the details on a gen rolex the numbers on the bezel are the same as Rolex intends that to be there style.