Sign in to follow this  
VBRolex

My Submariner Noob v7 a2836

VBRolex

So last week I finally decided to order my replica from trusty times...

The transaction went really smoothly and Andrew is quite responsive to his customers even so sometimes it seems like there is a language barrier.

I revived my sub Tuesday... shopping only took 2-3 days ...

How so ever after a couple days my stem just came out when I wanted to set the date... I brought it to the watch repair place in town and he took it apart then told me that he would only replace the whole movement... cost around 200-300 dollars ...

Well I wrote with Andrew He said i could send it back or he could send me a new movement for 170 dollars...

Do we have a good repair guy that could help me out ? Or is anyone interested in buying it like it is ?

ciidlag

There is a section at the forums where you can find trusted watch repairers. You could try inquire them about your problem and see if they can help you out. http://www.rwg.bz/bo...hp?showforum=97

Rokerite

If you are in the UK search forum member "Rolie" he repairs watches for a reasonable charge.

VBRolex

thanks for that link ! i was looking for it

If you are in the UK search forum member "Rolie" he repairs watches for a reasonable charge.

i am in the us.... virginia

Lagger

There is US based repair guys, and it sounds like an easy fix

Lagger

Look on the main page of the forum for Katts watch repair

Diver Dave

Where are you? If CONUS I'll have a look at it for free. It's either easy to fix, or even easier. No biggie.

GenTLe

Replace the whole movement? That watch tech is a fraud.

The worst problem could just be the breackage of the part nr. 443/1 here below, and the gen eta part perfectly fits.

Around 1h work.

2836-2oil2a.jpg

Plus: why the movement tabs and screws are out?? Again the same "tech"??

Diver Dave

^^ This. Was wondering that too.

VBRolex

Where are you? If CONUS I'll have a look at it for free. It's either easy to fix, or even easier. No biggie.

I am in Virginia Beach Virginia, yes this watch repair shop seamed like he didn't wanna deal with it... he took it apart and then he was like nope new movement 170 dollars plus time to put it back in...

he basically left the movement in the watch closed it then he gave me a little bag with screws and stem, saying 'if you want me to put it back togheter it will be 50 $"

i am quite sad, i paid 400$ with shipping it was my first try dealing with a replica from the internet...

GenTLe

I am in Virginia Beach Virginia, yes this watch repair shop seamed like he didn't wanna deal with it... he took it apart and then he was like nope new movement 170 dollars plus time to put it back in...

he basically left the movement in the watch closed it then he gave me a little bag with screws and stem, saying 'if you want me to put it back togheter it will be 50 $"

i am quite sad, i paid 400$ with shipping it was my first try dealing with a replica from the internet...

That "watch repairer" is a fraud.

Well, unless you didn't tell him that the watch is a replica... In any case if you start to disassemble something YOU FUCKING PUT IT TOGETHER! Not giving me a bag with bits! And hoping he didn't fuck up the movement!

By the way, as we told you, nothing to worry about. Maybe you pulled too much, maybe the setting lever was delicate (I also had one watch with that problem).

All is needed (but done properly) is: refit the stem properly (and that's it) or, if the part is broken, to take out movement from the case, take out the hands, dial, date wheel and access the keyless below the minute train bridge.

Then do the opposite.

Even if that guy completely fucked up the movement (for instance bending the hair spring), a new movement can be bought for this amount:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222324545722

and the whole balance wheel with its bridge, for this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322472085289

VBRolex

GenTLe

thanks so much for your post i was about to get mad and throw it away and just buy a new one... but it looks like there is hope :)

GenTLe

GenTLe

thanks so much for your post i was about to get mad and throw it away and just buy a new one... but it looks like there is hope :)

Throw it away, but only in my direction :D :D

Seriously, give it to a trusted repairer and it will be done. Eventually give it to a "tinkerer" like Dave (or me, but not in your case as I'm in Italy). Just remember that people like Dave or me or any other non tin the trusted list, even if a great and expert person like "Rolie", is not supported by the Admin team, so proceed at your own risk.

VBRolex

Hey my friends, at the moment i am a little stressed at work, and will be on vacation for a while, if anyone is interested in buying it as is ... please pm me

kisomen

My opinion... try to find a repairer, who is around 60year old... those men and women were taught properly how to repair a mechanical watch.

VBRolex

My opinion... try to find a repairer, who is around 60year old... those men and women were taught properly how to repair a mechanical watch.

i know i am sure it is an easy fix... i tried two repair shops in this area and they only want to replace without even having a look at it...

i am sure it is an super easy fix for someone that knows what he is doing...

lilweazel

Katt's watch repair is in the US. I've used him two times for rep repair and its been nothing but a great experience each time.

FoxWilde

You could try buying a new movement. I think an Asian 2836 goes for around $80-100 online, you just might have to do some digging on ebay. A movement swap is less stressful than repairing it If you havent resolved the issue yet PM me I might look into buying it ;)